Wilco songs they dont play that you want them to.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as mentioned in another thread i love "I guess I planted" a whole lot.

other ones id like to see them play is Effigy, DBoon, Wherever, Weve Been Had, Comment, something in the air

also what songs are underplayed???

hell is chrome and wishful thinking lately

several of those are not Wilco songs

details, details. don't nitpick, let the man wish

One Hundred Years from Now

Yes!! That one!

Actually, after I saw the setlist for the European tour opening show, my heart sank. It was almost exactly the setlist they were playing at the beginning of the Whole Love tour. Then things got pretty crazy towards the end of 2011, especially in California and then the five Chicago shows. I want that kind of Wilco show! (Have tix for Tampa and St. Augustine.)

So back on track with the thread...

Muzzle of Bees

Country Disappeared

ELT

Company in My Back

Candyfloss

etc., etc. etc!

We can't complain really. Not many bands alternate the sets as much as Wilco do. We should count ourselves lucky that they don't play the same 25 songs each night, in the same order and then get excited when they miss one out!

I'm seeing the next five shows and there's a good chance they'll play upwards of 40 different songs, especially as there's two Brussels shows. I still won't be satisfied though.

I just hope they keep Spiders and Laminated Cat in and start with one of Less Than You Think or Reservations at one of the Brussels shows.

One Hundred Years from Now

Totally agree, I'd lose my shit if I heard Wilco do this one live, a briliant cover.

Another one that'd make me melt into a pile of goo if I ever heard it live: Glad and Sorry

As for songs they wrote, I've been wanting to hear Say You Miss Me, Too Far Apart, Its Just That Simple and You Are My Face. I'll never get tired of Monday or Kingpin, either.

One Hundred Years From Now would be great. If Wilco did cover it now, I would like it to be truer to the original Byrds version rather than the rocking way they performed it for the tribute. It would be great to hear Nels play the steel part.

Blue Eyed Soul

Say You Miss Me

Hotel Arizona

Another Man's Done Gone

Pieholden Suite

Wishful Thinking

Country Disappeared

Guess I'm a sucker for the mellower songs. However, I generally prefer the rockers; lately, they're playing more of those that I like. A year or two ago my list would have included Monday, I Got You, and Outtasite, but they are playing these more often now.

Blue Eyed Soul...yeah.

I just wish they would play Sunken Treasure and not the "folksie" version that is alI have ever heard live. Otherwise, I have no complaints. They vary sets more than any other band I see live.....

Hey Chicken

OK, I know its a Loose Fur song, but that's not stopped them from playing Laminated Cat/Not for the Season

Some of the unreleased songs from the YHF era would be great, like Won't Let You Down.

We can't complain really. Not many bands alternate the sets as much as Wilco do. We should count ourselves lucky that they don't play the same 25 songs each night, in the same order and then get excited when they miss one out!

Not really complaining... but with such an extensive catalog, I get discouraged hearing many of the same tunes show after show. If they did as you said, played the same 25 songs each night in the same order, it's my guess that those auditoriums, theatres, etc. would be a lot less full. Especially with many fans attending multiple shows when possible -- they gotta mix it up!

Pretty sure Solid Sound 2011 ruined me -- having back to back Wilco headline shows, only 1 or 2 repeats... so many good songs! So glad we have it to look forward to next year!

ELT

Magazine Called Sunset

Kingpin

Spiders (the good old fashioned way, they seem to be leaning towards the acoustic version these days)

Say You Miss Me

Sunloathe (wanna hear them finally break this out)

Joe Dimaggio's done it again (not actually, but hey why not?)