Wilco (officially released live shows)

waaay worth it. the performances and sound are impeccable, imho.

Been staying up to late on work nights jamming loudly in my living room.

I blame Diane for her review above.

Thank you, Diane.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waaay worth it. the performances and sound are impeccable, imho.

Been staying up to late on work nights jamming loudly in my living room.

I blame Diane for her review above.

Thank you, Diane.

You are welcome. What I lack in technical knowledge I make up for in enthusiasm, right?

I have two complaints about the port Chester shows.

1. No Sunday Morning

2. Don't really care about the Dead, and the audience only version of Ripple feels like a poor finale compared to the rest of the Set.

So much amazing on this set of shows though. I couldn't even count how many times I got goose bumps

1. No Sunday Morning

2. Don't really care about the Dead, and the audience only version of Ripple feels like a poor finale compared to the rest of the Set.

So much amazing on this set of shows though. I couldn't even count how many times I got goose bumps

Wait for the Chicago Winterlude shows... I'm doubting that there will be many wishes ungranted, or stones unturned & turns unstoned by the time those 6, count 'em 6, shows are over & the Roadcases from them released. Who knows what exactly is being cooked up in The Loft, maybe as I type, for the fortunate few who will soon embark on the 20th Anniversary odyssey to exceed even the wonders of the trio at Port Chester!!

I've never been that big a Dead fan, but it sounds like the theater in Port Chester was known for a special connection to the Dead--I think they played there a lot. So in that context ending with Ripple seemed like a fitting tribute.

Wait for the Chicago Winterlude shows... I'm doubting that there will be many wishes ungranted, or stones unturned & turns unstoned by the time those 6, count 'em 6, shows are over & the Roadcases from them released. Who knows what exactly is being cooked up in The Loft, maybe as I type, for the fortunate few who will soon embark on the 20th Anniversary odyssey to exceed even the wonders of the trio at Port Chester!!

Linclink, you are missing out if you're not the West Coast Publicity Man or whatever. I hope whatever they do in Chicago is exactly what they want to do. I completely trust their instincts and integrity and value that so much more than seeing a statistical analysis of setlist variety. I'm always amazed at how many different ways there are to appreciate music.

Linclink, you are missing out if you're not the West Coast Publicity Man or whatever. I hope whatever they do in Chicago is exactly what they want to do. I completely trust their instincts and integrity and value that so much more than seeing a statistical analysis of setlist variety. I'm always amazed at how many different ways there are to appreciate music.

Ha!! Certainly the bottom line is the magic that's made & shared, & honestly I just enjoy the however of whatever unfolds at any given show.

I'm just guessing with double the amount of shows, that there will be even more unique songs played than in Port Chester- whether they repeat some or not, it hardly matters. What's coming up is the continuation of a pretty huge 20th Anniversary celebration. I feel Blessed to have gotten to take part in my second trifecta of NYC area shows as part of that celebration (got to hit the two Ohio shows in September as well).

What's hitting the home town soon is something I look very forward to hearing when they come out as Roadcase releases... which happily, should be right around Xmas & certainly sometime during the Yule season. They take place between 12/5 & 12/12 & get released 2-3 weeks after. Happy Merry & Merry Happy indeed!

I've never been that big a Dead fan, but it sounds like the theater in Port Chester was known for a special connection to the Dead--I think they played there a lot. So in that context ending with Ripple seemed like a fitting tribute.

Not only that, but Phil Lesh and Friends was moving into the Cap the next night to start his weekend residency, so many saw it as a touching "handoff" to Phil and the Dead crowd. A hugely classy move by Wilco to my eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To end a three night run with a cover, with the hope of your audience to sing it all by themselves --- takes huge guts and faith and respect in your audience. I not sure how many bands would do this.

Listening to the audience recording was really something when I first heard it.

ok so usual question... didn't attend any of the port chester shows... which bootleg to buy first? 

No way to pick just one.  I went to only one, but consider all 3 as "must haves."  If for any reason you're only going to purchase just one, might as well spin the bottle on that decision and whichever comes up you'll be fine. 

No way to pick just one.  I went to only one, but consider all 3 as "must haves."  If for any reason you're only going to purchase just one, might as well spin the bottle on that decision and whichever comes up you'll be fine. 

I figured this was the case lol 

• 1 month later...

Still can't believe that they didn't at least offer a bundle price on this.  Even if it was just "6 for the price of 5" it would have been something.

Looks like you might get your wish. I just saw something from Wilco on Facebook about possible bundled pricing,, details to be announced.

Grumble, grumble--I still think $54 is dirt cheap for such a great run of shows, but I'm a little bit pissed that they're going to be offering a bundled price now, weeks after some of us have already paid full price for all 6 shows. Still, it's not even close to the money I've thrown away upgrading tickets, etc., so I'm not really complaining. Maybe they'll throw in a little something for those of us who already bought...

I bought the whole run  of Winterlude shows and while I'm only two shows in, I must say they're an absolute pleasure to hear. The band sounds super tight, yet relaxed -- like they're having fun commemorating the anniversary. I'm particularly enjoying hearing the rarities, super-rarities and other older tunes that don't get in the rotation much. Blue Eyed Soul, The Good Part, Dark Neon, Hotel Arizona, Secret of the Sea, PANTHERS. The setlist variety is great -- doesn't follow the "tour template" and feels more like "shuffle" Wilco. The "hootenanny" arrangements are great, too.

Highly recommended listening, especially if you're like me and took Wilco out of the listening rotation for a while. These shows are a great way to get them back into the mix.