• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know.......maybe they have their rockstar status as a common bond? Perhaps thats why the GD felt a kinship with Hall & Oates too.

i loved Weir's sport coat!  

i don't get the Hagar thing either.  he came out at a Dead show here in atlanta in 04 i believe and did US Blues...i think it was that tune.

Loved seeing Parish...'you're a damn good audience!'

That Weir Here show was incredible!  so chill.  that was the best post-dead Dead music i have heard since garcia died.  seriously.  phil, bob, mark and jason.  thats all that is needed.  i loved hearing bob and phil so clearly and the drums were so clean and warm.  so good.  this is what they need to do and play some small theaters.  so good.

That Weir Here show was incredible!  so chill.  that was the best post-dead Dead music i have heard since garcia died.  seriously.  phil, bob, mark and jason.  thats all that is needed.  i loved hearing bob and phil so clearly and the drums were so clean and warm.  so good.  this is what they need to do and play some small theaters.  so good.

Agreed. The sound is remarkable. TRI Studios must be a phenomenal place to make music.

• 2 weeks later...

David did another live chat last night. I didn't see it, but I am going to check it out today.

He says all the Dick's Picks are going to be re-released on cd and vinyl. I didn't know they were doing cds. I guess they are not selling them by way of the Dead.net. I just checked on Amazon and Dick's Picks Vol. 25 is there.

• 2 weeks later...

The upcoming Rolling Stone (I believe it's a special edition) is dedicated to the GD through and through. I've seen some excerpts around on line and looks like some decent stories/articles/photo spread.

That's good - when I got the Phish tickets, a free subscription to Rolling Stone came with it - be nice if the subscription starts with the Dead issue, some how I doubt it will though.

For $24.99 you can get a Garcia (all)Black T-Shirt over at garcia.com - Wow...... You do get a flac of a 1st set Garcia show with Lesh sitting in for Kahn - the only time that he did - that would nice to hear - but not worth the $24.99.

For $24.99 you can get a Garcia (all)Black T-Shirt over at garcia.com - Wow...... You do get a flac of a 1st set Garcia show with Lesh sitting in for Kahn - the only time that he did - that would nice to hear - but not worth the $24.99.

I saw that. A black (limited time only) Hanes pocket tee with the only difference being the tag. What the hell.

Rolling Stone has did a number of those sort of issues. There is also a Dylan issue out right now. What they do is take interviews, articles, reviews, and photos from past issues about a certain band/subject (guitar players) and stick them all together in one issue. I looked at the GD issue the other day. I suppose if it didn't cost so much I may have bought it. It didn't seem like something I really needed though.

I saw the Dylan - passed on it, too, because of the price. Flipped through it and there's nothing really new in it or stuff I haven't seen. Haven't seen the Dead one, yet.

My library gets Rolling Stone - but I haven't seen the Dylan issue - perhaps they don't get the special editions.

Rolling Stone has did a number of those sort of issues. There is also a Dylan issue out right now. What they do is take interviews, articles, reviews, and photos from past issues about a certain band/subject (guitar players) and stick them all together in one issue. I looked at the GD issue the other day. I suppose if it didn't cost so much I may have bought it. It didn't seem like something I really needed though.

I received an e-mail saying this:

Anyone else pick up the new Rolling Stone GD Collectors Edition Ultimate Guide? ?....

Anyhow, it basically is a collection of old articles and interviews,  including several that I remember reading when they came out in the late

'80s and '90s. ?I've only had a chance to read the Jerry interview from  '72, which focuses on the band's start in the '60s. ?There's also an article on the Fillmore and Family Dog poster art, and David Fricke reviews  20 "must-have" tapes. ?I disagree with many of his selections, as he spends a little too much time on '66-'67 and the '80s and '90s and not enough on  '72-'74 (or '77 for that matter).

The sticker price is $11.99, but I'll get a few hours of enjoyment out of  it before putting it on the shelf next to the other GD literature.

-----------------------------

Could any deadhead here guide me to a really smoking version of 'Deal'? Thanks!

Could any deadhead here guide me to a really smoking version of 'Deal'? Thanks!

Lake Placid '83

Barton Hall, Cornell  5.8.77

Alpine '89

Iowa 6.16.74

Those are a few I can think of off the top. Plenty others, though. There's one from Hampton, VA ('83 I think) that is pretty ridiculous, as well. Looong hanging note towards the end. Garcia Band versions, particularly '82-83 are typically smoking, too.