• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Bobby have a similar episode last year or so? Wish him the best. And yes - gotta keep playing no matter what.

Yeah, he did.

The guy pretty much plays year-round in any of the solo/duet/trio//band formations he's in, plus hosts the Wed. night deals when not getting paid to play. Like MB said, the guy has given sooooo much music. I can certainly give a guy a Mulligan every now and then just for that fact alone. Hope what ever it is he can iron it out after a short break and be back in a little bit, so everybody hang loose....

what about when the EMTs come out w/ the defibrillator?

Ok, maybe you can take a break for that. I did read that Weir left in a ambulance.

And yes, Lammy - he definitely is a busy dude. Gans always says he got (kids) college tuitions to pay off.

John K. posted on his FB page (reprinted by Relix) that Weir took an Ambien by mistake instead of his pain meds for his shoulder injury. Which would explain things.

You can believe it, or not. But that's what the man said. If true, it's pretty embarrassing for Bobby.

i'm pretty sure bob's been clean and healthy for a long time.  his voice has never deteriorated and i remember several interviews with him discussing his yoga/fitness/food regime.

vibes his way.  i didn't like seeing that.  what a trooper

So uncomfortably weird to watch that. Spoke to a friend who was in the house. Says Weir was screwing up lyrics big time earlier in the show. Maybe I'm naive, but I do believe the ambien story. He looks like someone who was drugged. So embarrassing for him.

4/24/78, Normal IL (35 years ago today): Stayin' Alive Tease -> Me & My Uncle

Yep, they actually did that.

Yes they did, and I was there.

So uncomfortably weird to watch that. Spoke to a friend who was in the house. Says Weir was screwing up lyrics big time earlier in the show. Maybe I'm naive, but I do believe the ambien story. He looks like someone who was drugged. So embarrassing for him.

Yes they did, and I was there.

I'm inclined to believe the Ambien story, too. Despite his pranksterish nature I've always thought Weir was the most 'symptom-free' member of the Grateful Dead. And after watching his big brother (Jerry) waste himself on hard drugs I'm sure he abhors narcotics for recreational purposes.

AWESOME that you saw the NORML (wink) show. 

Yeah, that's a great pic. Is that a sheepish grin on Bobby or what?

Yeah an "aw-shucks". Glad it all appears to be okay.

Looking forward to the next Dave's Pick installment - haven't gotten a shipping email, yet.

Lastly,  happy 4/29/71 - my first tape (I believe). (oddly enough, my 13th wedding aniversy, too).

Just arrived at home. What a bummer that spanish customs charged me  :headbonk with and additional $20!

Mine arrived today which I'm surprised at (me being in Australia and all...)

Disc one is on now and I'm digging it.

It's up on their website, too --- that's a bummer.

http://furthur.net/

• Due to unforeseen circumstances, Furthur regretfully will be unable to appear as scheduled at BottleRock Napa Valley on Thursday, May 9.  Grateful Dead & Furthur Co-Founder Bob Weir, is unable to perform in any capacity for the next several weeks.  

Furthur featuring Phil Lesh & Bob Weir look forward to returning to the road as scheduled on July 11 in Brooklyn for their Summer tour, which carries them through early October on the West Coast

Further canceled shows because of Bob's health.  According to my FB feed, at least.

Seems strange since they played Saturday in AC and by all accounts Weir appeared fine and it was a good show. Maybe that ambien story wasn't true after all?

Just arrived at home. What a bummer that spanish customs charged me  :headbonk with and additional $20!

Not that anybody cares but just received this from dead.net

Dear Valued Customer,

We are aware of and apologize for excess charges such as Brokerage Fees and Presentation Charges that may have been applied to your international shipment. Our team is working through this issue country by country and will be issuing refunds for excess charges within the next 10 business days.

----------------------------

As for disc 1, I'm diggin it but nothing really memorable till now at first listen, maybe some jammin in DS and GL...Let's hear now cd 2

I can't form a conclusion based on the brief "official"statement issued other than the guy needs a break. Whether it's substance-related or not is really no matter, in my eyes. Dude is 65 and has been entertaining for nearly 50 years.