2013 Jeff Tweedy benefit shows at the Vic...

Can any VCers give some insight into when Jeff will do his benefit show at the Vic in the spring? Or at least the general time frame (i.e., late March/early April). We went last year and had a blast...

Also, we're all set with accommodations in North Adams next June - is it too early to be wondering when ticket sales will be announced? I seem to recall the '11 SSF tix went on sale in Dec/Jan of '10/'11...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only been to the ones this year as well, but as I recall they are usually in the very early spring--this past year it was March 30 and 31, back to back nights at the Vic. I think Sue Tweedy usually posts something on here around the end of the year, and it seems like the tickets go on sale a month or two before the event. I was trying (briefly) to pull up some history of her posts from the past, but I can't seem to search back any further than a year.

You may be jumping the gun a bit....

I hear ya....I only asked about it as I have a commitment on 3/23 (and some pending ones around that time) and last year's show was 3/30-31...I'd really like to go and I'll schedule my stuff around his show...as for SSF, I was just curious when tix were going on sale, because, well...I...just...can't...wait...

as for SSF, I was just curious when tix were going on sale, because, well...I...just...can't...wait...

I. Just. Can't. Wait. Either.!!!

But as for SSF3, you've got the crucial part (reservations) taken care of. I kinda think we won't have to worry about a sellout. Maybe they'll have early bird pricing though.

I. Just. Can't. Wait. Either.!!!

But as for SSF3, you've got the crucial part (reservations) taken care of. I kinda think we won't have to worry about a sellout. Maybe they'll have early bird pricing though.

yeah, I seem to recall 'presale' tix. As for accommodations, we went through homeaway.com, which is a great site - we did that for SSF2 (and other trips) and it's pretty easy...btw, I'm praying/wishing/hoping for no rain this time...

yeah, I seem to recall 'presale' tix. As for accommodations, we went through homeaway.com, which is a great site - we did that for SSF2 (and other trips) and it's pretty easy...btw, I'm praying/wishing/hoping for no rain this time...

I'm so hoping for a lovely summer evening without rain as well. But this year if there is rain, I shall be more prepared with rain boots and an actual raincoat instead of the coat I wore that pretended to be a raincoat, but wasn't.

I'm so hoping for a lovely summer evening without rain as well. But this year if there is rain, I shall be more prepared with rain boots and an actual raincoat instead of the coat I wore that pretended to be a raincoat, but wasn't.

Oh, I hear ya - I'll definitely be prepared this time...:)
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info!  This'll hopefully be the first time that I've seen Jeff solo since he came to SD in 2006, and I'm looking forward to showing up as early as necessary to request "The Long Cut"!  I hope he's still taking requests from the first 30 in line.

Hi Guys!! Ok.....finally have the info......the Jeff solo shows will be Wednesday and Thursday March 13 and 14. The tickets are going on sale this Friday February 1 at noon.

xxoo

Heartbreaking to have them in the middle of the week. I went back & found ever other year has been a Friday & Saturday- which is something I could manage, but coming from Rochester, NY to Chicago I'd really have to do a train & there is just no way to make this work for me...this year.

I'm sure I'll get there some year...maybe next year! And I look forward to hitting a long Chicago multiple night Wilco residency someday as well. Hopefully Jeff will play solo somewhere in the northeast this next year- maybe Solid Sound!!