AmericanaramA Concert 21 Hoboken, NJ 7/26/2013

Ryan Bingham

(see below)

My Morning Jacket

(see below)

Wilco

(see below)

Wilco brings out Warren Haynes to play slide on Feed Of Man. Probably the first time they've done it in 13 years?

Wilco, My Morning Jacket, Ian Hunter, Warren Haynes closing with "All The Young Dudes".

Bob Dylan

(see below)

Ryan Bingham

Beg For Broken Legs

Depression

Tell My Mother I Miss Her So

Southside Of Heaven

Sunshine

Too Deep To Fill (w/Rocky Roberts on lap steel)

My Morning Jacket

Circuital

First Light

The Way He Sings

Off The Record

Golden

Steam Engine (w/Brian Jackson on flute)

It Beats 4 U (w/Brian Jackson on flute)

The Bottle [Gil Scott-Heron/Brian Jackson] (w/Brian Jackson on flute)

Victory Dance

Wordless Chorus

Don't Do It [made famous by The Band] (w/Ryan Bingham on acoustic guitar and backing vocals)

Wilco

Dawned On Me

Misunderstood

Forget The Flowers

Handshake Drugs

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart>

Art Of Almost

Shouldn't Be Ashamed

Feed Of Man (w/Warren Haynes on slide guitar)

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

I Got You (At The End of the Century)

I Wish I Was Your Mother [Mott The Hoople](w/Ian Hunter on acoustic guitar, harmonica and lead vocals and James Mastro on mandolin)

California Stars (w/Hunter, Mastro and Haynes; Haynes on guitar solos)

All The Young Dudes [David Bowie; made famous by Mott The Hoople] (w/Hunter, Mastro, Haynes, My Morning Jacket and Ryan Bingham)

Cool (I don't always trust what I find on Twitter.)

Good policy, except you quoted one of my tweets above!

I'm an atheist but Good God!!

So this is the AmericanaramA tour date I (all of us?) should have attended......

Great show and a gorgeous night, but the venue was packed (15,000, I heard) and full of people there to drink and talk and socialize. Not enough food and drink vendors. Guess it was OK up close, but could've been sucky in the back.

Here was Dylan's set (no huge surprise):

Things Have Changed

Love Sick

High Water (For Charley Patton)

Soon After Midnight

Early Roman Kings

Tangled Up In Blue

Duquesne Whistle

She Belongs To Me

Beyond Here Lies Nothin'

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Blind Willie McTell

Simple Twist Of Fate

Summer Days

The Weight [The Band] (w/Jeff Tweedy, Jim James and Peter Wolf on acoustic guitar and vocals)

All Along The Watchtower

----------------------------------

Ballad of a Thin Man

Just when I thought these sets couldn't get any better, they go and do this.

Interesting, though, how many people seemed to be upset at Wilco for playing covers at Solid Sound, but we're celebrating them on this tour.

I second the Roadcase comment.

Yes, those covers have served them spectacularly so far in the month or two since.  What a brilliant idea!

There's rumors circulating about a late night wilco maxwells appearance tonight. Can somebody please dubunk this as I'm out of town this weekend and missing Ian hunter and all the young dudes was painful enough

There's rumors circulating about a late night wilco maxwells appearance tonight. Can somebody please dubunk this as I'm out of town this weekend and missing Ian hunter and all the young dudes was painful enough

I parked up by Maxwell's, so I figured I'd swing by for one last drink. Then I saw your post. Anyway I'm still here and there's no sign of any Americanarama-related folks yet. Not to say something won't happen, but I'll wait it out for a bit.

I parked up by Maxwell's, so I figured I'd swing by for one last drink. Then I saw your post. Anyway I'm still here and there's no sign of any Americanarama-related folks yet. Not to say something won't happen, but I'll wait it out for a bit.

Don't take my word as bible, it could just be pure speculation. But I've been hearing whispers about it for a few weeks now

Don't take my word as bible, it could just be pure speculation. But I've been hearing whispers about it for a few weeks now

Stuck it out till just before 2 am and nothing happened. MMJ's drummer Patrick did come in with a few folks, and they had a private hang in the music room (and were still in there when I split), but I got the sense it was more of a "get a look at the place" kind of thing.

So there you go...debunked. Hopefully.

Stuck it out till just before 2 am and nothing happened. MMJ's drummer Patrick did come in with a few folks, and they had a private hang in the music room (and were still in there when I split), but I got the sense it was more of a "get a look at the place" kind of thing.

So there you go...debunked. Hopefully.

Ah well, i guess the rumors were just rumors. Sorry to instill false hope :(. That wilco set still looked incredible though w/ 2 Mott The Hoople songs, wish i could've been there, and also the weight at the end of dylan's set

WOW!! Well I have to honestly say that personally I dug Toronto, & Clarkston shows even more, but that said, tonight was truly incredible & one to remember indeed.
Seeing The Ian Hunter Band Featuring Mick Ronson in 1979, as a 15 year old totally changed my life forever. I saw him twice last tour (Cleveland first, because we thought that was as close as he was coming & then we got a bonus round when he ended up in Buffalo too). 
Just to note for the record here too...after "I Wish I Was Your Mother" I think it was, Jeff said something to the effect of "oh yeah, and from here on out, every song we do is dedicated to Maxwells!!"- which got a huge cheer...
I know they said to watch for what they had planned for Hoboken AND Jones Beach...so who knows what'll take place tomorrow!!!!!
I'm waaaaaay more of a Derek Trucks guy & honestly not very big on Warren Haynes personally, but it was cool & fun & a rare song choice to have him on too, which worked really well (especially when he & Nels got going & intertwining)- so that was cool (his work on "California Stars"...not so much)...but Ian was just over the top amazing!!! To be honest I'd be thrilled if Ian ended up coming out again tomorrow night...howz 'bout a 'lil "Henry & The H-Bombs"?