Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they talk r-e-a-l-l-y slowly.  That was my take away.  Slow talkers.

LOL, not really. I mean I guess they didn't talk as fast as I did. They were nice enough though.

Would prefer not to share a bathroom. (Well I don't really care, but  my wife wouldn't be too happy).

I'm sure I will find something.

I hope wilco doesn't break up before the festival.

i hope they break up at the festival. Then I can tell my grandkids that I saw their last show. (Until they decide on a reunion in 2020)

also hoping for two nights of Wilco this year, not one night of Wilco, and one night of cover songs and stand up comedy.

We've made some enquiries this weekend. Maple Terrace is full, Orchards have rooms and Williamstown Inn is not taking bookings yet.

We're considering Orchards, even though I'm sure the motel type places will be quite a bit cheaper. Mainly because it would be good to have somewhere 'nice' to hang out if the little one gets tired of being at SS.

Maple Terrace is full? Everytime (twice) I contacted them they said they weren't taking reservations until June.

So the lodging drama continues. Blackington Manor sent me an email saying my confirmation was invalid due to a mistake they made with someone else's reservation. So now I'm back to square one....ARGH!

We've made some enquiries this weekend. Maple Terrace is full, Orchards have rooms and Williamstown Inn is not taking bookings yet.

We're considering Orchards, even though I'm sure the motel type places will be quite a bit cheaper. Mainly because it would be good to have somewhere 'nice' to hang out if the little one gets tired of being at SS.

Williamstown Inn, is that different than the Williams Inn, which is definitely taking bookings as both my friend and I have confirmed reservations.

http://www.williamsinn.com/

Maple Terrace is full? Everytime (twice) I contacted them they said they weren't taking reservations until June.

So the lodging drama continues. Blackington Manor sent me an email saying my confirmation was invalid due to a mistake they made with someone else's reservation. So now I'm back to square one....ARGH!

The guy from Maple said: We regret to inform you that we have no availability for the Solid Sound Festival, our many times repeat guests have reserved, as soon as the dates were known.

Maybe he considers you one of those?

Williamstown Inn, is that different than the Williams Inn, which is definitely taking bookings as both my friend and I have confirmed reservations.

http://www.williamsinn.com/

Yep it is a different one - haven't tried Williams yet. 

I paid MUCH less last year. $400 a night is a total dealbreaker for me. Although I realize that a few board members have the ability to afford splitting Letters to Santa shows and may be on higher pay grade then myself. $400 for that place IS overpriced. I've stayed at much nicer places, (In Paris, even!) for less. Oh well. .

I paid MUCH less last year. $400 a night is a total dealbreaker for me. Although I realize that a few board members have the ability to afford splitting Letters to Santa shows and may be on higher pay grade then myself. $400 for that place IS overpriced. I've stayed at much nicer places, (In Paris, even!) for less. Oh well. .

It's not overpriced if they feel someone will pay that much.

I'm the last one to say you should wait until the last minute, but I'm with Raspberry Jam. Just look around at some of the more reasonable options--the Willows, the Williams Inn, houses on VRBO.com. There are lots of options out there. Orchards is pretty much the second most espensive place in the area--after Porches--so why start there? Also, it's way too early to get discouraged about lodging. Most places haven't even opened up for booking yet. By all means, don't wait till the last minute, but it's 17 months away.

For SSF2, SSF3 (and now, SSF4) we just rented a house - slightly pricier depending on the rental, but well worth it to be able to lock something in so far ahead. The runaround we got from the hotels in the area was just too much hassle. 

This thread should be about 100 pages long by the time we get to SSF4. ;)

Well I called around a few places today, and the prices I was quoted were a bit insane. $400 a night for a standard room... From the Orchards. .yeah. No thanks.

Wow that's outrageously depressing BS. My husband & I stayed at The Orchards in 2011. For about $160/noc

Seems like the practical thing to do is just move/relocate to that area. Completely alleviates the lodging issue.

You jest, but Western Mass. is really freaking nice.