Jeff Tweedy to guest on Parks and Rec

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How awesome would it be, albeit unlikely, that the other member of Land Ho! is Jay Farrar?

somehow, when I read this, I pictured David Cross and Michael Chiklis as the other band members.

The break up was over a failed hair product endorsement proposed by Jeff.

Here's a little scoop, from Jeff's bother-in-law: Jeff filmed the episode a few days after the Grammys. AND he'll be shooting another episode on the show later this month!

You?

Ha! No, I'm just FB friends with Danny Miller, Sue's brother. He's a blogger and a very interesting writer. In fact, for those of us who are also movie lovers, you should check out the new film-related website he writes for, www.cinephiled.com.

And how many times do I have to say it--I am not a dude! :headbonk  What, do I sound like one?  :ohwell

Seems like Jeff might be up for a UT reunion: playing "Give Back the Key to My Heart" in multiple Wilco shows recently when he only sang harmony on the recording (Farrar and Doug Sahm sang the verses), and now this.  As great as Wilco and Son Volt are, the magic those 3 guys made when they were just babies deserves a reprise.  I'll be watching that episode of P&R, but something tells me a sitcom is not Jay's style.  And I definitely don't see him making a cameo in what is a Jeff gig--Farrar might be willing to do UT as equals, but nothing as 2nd banana to Jeff, regardless of their relative commercial success.  He'd rather just do what he does.

Ha! No, I'm just FB friends with Danny Miller, Sue's brother. He's a blogger and a very interesting writer. In fact, for those of us who are also movie lovers, you should check out the new film-related website he writes for, www.cinephiled.com.

And how many times do I have to say it--I am not a dude! :headbonk  What, do I sound like one?  :ohwell

No I know you're a lady, girl. It was your misspelling of "brother" that made me comment ;)

Checking out that site, thanks.

No I know you're a lady, girl. It was your misspelling of "brother" that made me comment ;)

Oh funny, I didn't even notice this misspelling till just now. Yeah, I actually MAY be the bother!

I'm certainly bothered today, stuck in the Norfolk airport trying to get to Chicago. It'll be a miracle if I make it at all. Damn damn damn.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a more detailed description of tonight's episode

http://www.hypable.com/2014/03/06/parks-and-rec-season-6-episode-15-the-wall-airs-tonight-ms-knope-tear-down-this-wall/

It sounds like there's going to be a season-long arc having to do with the unity concert that Leslie Knope is trying to put on to bring the towns of Pawnee and Eagleton together. It's a fun storyline. I'd be surprised if Jeff actually appears on tonight's episode, but it's definitely leading up to it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nick Offerman was on Letterman tonight. He directed the episode with Tweedy and it sounds like it's going to be aired on April 10. He mentioned Jeff prominently. 

Also, the Strypes were the musical guests on this show and they killed it! Great chops and attitude to spare.

Also, the Strypes were the musical guests on this show and they killed it! Great chops and attitude to spare.

Nice to hear. When asked in an early interview what they got up to after a gig, the drummer replied that he liked to have plenty of water and an early night, ending with "I'm quite set in my ways", which made me laugh for someone so young.

Here's a little scoop, from Jeff's bother-in-law: Jeff filmed the episode a few days after the Grammys. AND he'll be shooting another episode on the show later this month!

Nick Offerman was on Letterman tonight. He directed the episode with Tweedy and it sounds like it's going to be aired on April 10. He mentioned Jeff prominently.

Looks like April 24 is the date (and there are a bunch of other guests):

http://www.avclub.com/article/yo-la-tengo-will-also-be-part-parks-and-recreation-202769

It might be that Jeff will be on the 4/10 and 4/24 episodes, since I had earlier heard that he's doing two episodes. Maybe the first one is Leslie Knope and crew trying to persuade Land Ho! to perform, and the second is the actual concert. Just don't want any of us to miss either of the appearances!

He's listed as being on with Maya Rudolph, either this week or next week. I DVR'd it. Check your local listings, etc.

Unless Maya Rudolph is coincidentally appearing on Parks and Rec as well, I think you are referring to Portlandia, which is on this Thursday, 4/4 on IFC. I know. . . it's hard to keep up with Jeff's myriad TV guest shots!