Jeff Tweedy to guest on Parks and Rec

Unless Maya Rudolph is coincidentally appearing on Parks and Rec as well, I think you are referring to Portlandia, which is on this Thursday, 4/4 on IFC. I know. . . it's hard to keep up with Jeff's myriad TV guest shots!

Actually it's Thursday 4/3, tonight...Wilco posted about it on the facebook page today...

"Look for special guest Jeff Tweedy on tonight’s episode of Portlandia. Independent Film Channel, 10/9 Central."

"Fred has an idea for a music documentary. Peter is reunited with his old band, The Bahama Knights, and his ex-wife is lead singer. Trudy and Craig produce a song. Carrie and Fred go home after a concert. Guest starring Maya Rudolph, Tuck & Patti and Jeff Tweedy."

http://www.ifc.com/shows/portlandia/episodes/season-4/bahama-knights

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the 1st time I've ever watched Portlandia......   this will probably get me banned ....  but that show is horrible, Fred Armisen is terrible and NOT funny.  The Tweedy bit was awesome but its a testament to my being a fan girl that I sat through that crap.  I see FA learned his lesson, put the good stuff on at the end so people have to sit through the crap, unlike SNL wher they blow their load in the 1st 10 minutes and people only stay on for the musical act if they're into it.  

I'm sure Parks and Rec will be way better.

This was the 1st time I've ever watched Portlandia......   this will probably get me banned ....  but that show is horrible, Fred Armisen is terrible and NOT funny.  The Tweedy bit was awesome but its a testament to my being a fan girl that I sat through that crap.  I see FA learned his lesson, put the good stuff on at the end so people have to sit through the crap, unlike SNL wher they blow their load in the 1st 10 minutes and people only stay on for the musical act if they're into it.  

Oh, I couldn't disagree more about Portlandia. It's one of my favorite things on TV. Actually I don't think this was one of the strongest episodes, but when it's clicking on all cylinders I think it's just brilliant. You should really try at least one more episode, and if you don't like it after that, then maybe it's just not for you. Their kind of humor is very quirky and maybe it's also an acquired taste. 

You've seen me rant on facebook over my distaste of Fred A. Ima let this one go. 

Now if JT would show up on GOT as a Stark or Wildling, that would be something!!!  :twitchsmile

What did you think of Fred's performance in I'm Trying to Break Your Heart? Curious how far the hatred goes...

No. To get banned, you have to suggest that a thread featuring people speculating on the health of a member of Wilco's immediate family is in poor taste.

No. To get banned, you have to suggest that a thread featuring people speculating on the health of a member of Wilco's immediate family is in poor taste.

So that's what happen - jeez.

I never watched Portlandia, though I enjoy Fred A. and Brownstein -- Parks has been great this season again, this recent Prom episode might have been a good fit for Tweedy. Look forward to his appearance.

What did you think of Fred's performance in I'm Trying to Break Your Heart? Curious how far the hatred goes...

I've always wondered if that bit in IATTBYH, where Jeff and Fred are talking about their stock options and swimming pools, is actually taken seriously by anybody. I've heard another Wilco fan saying they hated Fred Armisen in IATTBYH and I wondered if it was that part. I mean, Fred just appears briefly as Fericito (sp?) and then in that bit where they appear to be talking like two douchebags, which is clearly satirical. Maybe it's the same thing as people who want to cancel Colbert for being a racist. Irony, people! 

I've always wondered if that bit in IATTBYH, where Jeff and Fred are talking about their stock options and swimming pools, is actually taken seriously by anybody. I've heard another Wilco fan saying they hated Fred Armisen in IATTBYH and I wondered if it was that part.

I love the part where they're talking about New York (New Jork) and Fred sings "I've got a reservation." So, so funny!

Who would have ever guessed that Portlandia and Fred Armisen would be so polarizing? I doubt this will change anyone's mind, but I dug up this old Artist on Artist video from a long time ago. Jeff is looking particularly fetching with those gigantic pit stains. I think you may have to sign into Myspace to view this.

https://myspace.com/artistonartist/video/artist-on-artist-fred-armisen-jeff-tweedy/3425517

Mr. Tweedy has shown himself to be a funny guy, but this was rather flat and uninteresting. He could probably improvise something much funnier.

Agree. He's funnier by himself on stage than the Parks & Rec writers.