• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

And a rainbow unicorn was perched on top of it, right?

Anyhow............me and my pup saw two juvenile Northern Harriers flying about while we were walking thru the prairie this morning. That was rather exciting.

Congrats!

Congratulations and best wishes to both of you, Joe!

Well done.  you two are great!

Vince

You are two very lucky people! Have a gorgeous day and a lifetime of love to follow! :wub

You two make a perfect couple, Joe. I'm so happy you found each other.  :hug

Thanks everybody!!  :wave

Last night I amused myself my wife by walking into my kids' rooms and demonstrating to them how good I was at NOT DANCING:

I would walk in and make infinitesimal motions—noticeable, but just barely—with my head or shoulder. Then, totally deadpan, I would state, "I'm not dancing."
I'd do that a couple of times over the course of a minute or so, leave the room, and then come back and do the same thing.
It was tough to keep a straight face while doing so, but I did. Totally deadpan.
My wife was hysterical; the boys were annoyed and horrified.
I may do it again tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

I assumed that bulge was taking advantage of the trans-US railways. Similarly for the tail across Russia to Kamchatka.

Must be. This must have been printed before the opening of the Panama Canal, which was also in 1914.

New Zealand was also reachable in less time than Lima!

Also strange that it took at least 5 days to get to Iceland. And here I am, looking at flights to Lyon in June, cringing that the trip is going to be 12 hours. (1 stop in Frankfurt). 

Today the cops found and arrested my very much in trouble (massive alcoholic, depressed/suicidal) friend of mine after I attempted to file a missing persons report yesterday. . Man, this guy is dragging all those that care about him thru the wringer. I never thought I'd think someone would be better off in jail but in this case, jail will be good for him.

Thanks. This thing is such a mess. He bonded himself out and went right back to the hotel where he's holed up, drinking his face off. He wont talk with anyone, family or friends.