• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

So, WBEZ (Chicago's NPR station), has a feature called "Curious City" where they take listeners' questions about Chicago and the area, and do some good old fashioned investigative journalism to get the answers. Then, they give you the story.
This week, they answer MY question -- about something that my dad was always telling me, that Chicago is "the largest Polish city outside of Warsaw."

They're gonna broadcast the story on 91.5 FM in Chicago, sometime between 3:30 PM and 4 on Thursday, between 5:30 and 6 on Thursday, and then again on Saturday morning, between 8:20 and 8:40.
But, you can stream it here.
Listening to my own voice on here, it sounds like I'm making fun of my dad. But really, it's just gentle teasing.

Link:

http://www.wbez.org/series/curious-city/can-chicago-brag-about-size-its-polish-population-113490

Lammy, I've never really liked anything Pearl Jam has done except that weird album with the Pakistani Sufi singer, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

Lammy, I've never really liked anything Pearl Jam has done except that weird album with the Pakistani Sufi singer, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

Nothing besides that album? They've put out a lot of solid shit in 25 yrs, imo. Granted I haven't bought an album since Vitalogy in the mid-90s, but....

Actually, I really kinda cant stand Pearl Jam. There, I said it.

About LinkedIn, it's made me whole bunches of money over the years. I use it all the time.

Actually, I really kinda cant stand Pearl Jam. There, I said it.

Neither can I.

Today, I'll offer a ghost pepper update. All Summer long the plant was nibbled on by an apparently leather tongued rabbit so I didn't have much hope for any positive results. Then September came around and the plant took off, growing like nuts with flowers all over. By the first week of October there were 20 peppers on the plant and getting bigger every week. But alas, they are not ripening. Last week one night we had a mid 30s low and the plant took it pretty hard. It appears that the peppers are not going to get to a usable state. I think it was Cryptique who had a similar experience. Maybe this plant isn't suited for this latitude?

The other day I got a brand new used 5 CD/DVD player for free. It was at the end of someone's driveway with a "free" sign taped to it. Two nice speakers too.