Wild, calvino! 

I live in the city and we had a den of foxes a block away in the park that used to cruise the streeets at dusk. Recently, coyotes have been seen in the 'hood, too (not by me yet)....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

I see and hear coyotes around my home all the time. I've been ice fishing at night, alone, and had a pack of them running around 40 feet from me and it didn't bother me. This time was different because it was noontime and these critters were not scared of me and actually were following/stalking us. Much different behavior than what I'm used to. I'm bringing a slingshot or a sharpened stick next time I go that woods.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I trespassed against the electric company while walking the dog. And no, I'm not implying something else. I did just as I said.

Today while walking the dog at lunchtime, I stopped at a neighborhood garage sale and bought some CDs:

Van Morrison and the Chieftains "Irish Heartbeat" (one of my all time fav albums; only had it on vinyl until today)

"No Alternative" a song sampler from 1993 (famous for that unlisted/buried Nirvana track)

REM "Eponymous"

"Punk You, Vol. 1 (music for the discerning slacker punk" 1995, unopened)

Robbie Fulks "Lets Kill Saturday Night" (I was considering ordering this online last week. Glad I didn't)

All for 5 bucks and the discs themselves are primo.

Looking at the track listing on the disc, I saw 10 of the 19 bands listed play lives shows. Whoo boy, I think I lived at Metro and Lounge Ax back in the day. Late 80s, early 90s were a great time to be around.

I remember finding the hidden tune the first time. That was pretty cool. Best tune on the album too. Good tune indeed.

Today, I noticed that the family guinea pigs top tooth broke off again. That means I have to hand chop all his food, again, until it grows back.

Today, signs look favorable that pork burritos will be assembled and consumed within the house.

Today, I noticed that the family guinea pigs top tooth broke off again. That means I have to hand chop all his food, again, until it grows back.

Why?  Dude needs a cap.

Our guinea pig, Mr. Red, has an appointment for a nails clipping today. It's waaaaay easier than trying to hold that man down and do it ourselves.

Apparently, rodents teeth will break off. They grow back fairly quick though. Our big guy, Humph, loves his carrots, celery and hay.

And those nasty nails, I don't deal with them. Nope, not in my job description.

I had a dog that it was impossible to cut her nails, even the vet  and a groomer couldn't do it - the vet said we would have to knock her out in order to do -- so we never wanted to do that. She had to go through a procedure where she had to get knocked out -- we told the vet to cut the nails while she was out - and the vet forgot to do it.

Guinea pigs were all the rage in my neighborhood while I was growing up -- I wanted one, but after taking care of my neighbors for week - I changed my mind, they pooped too much.