• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Congrats Atticus!

I had my iPod on "Shuffle" in my car, and one of my own songs came on and I was like,

"Damn, this is a pretty goddamn good song!"

I love it when that happens.

Ha I know the feeling. I wrote about 125 instrumental songs that I have parked on my iPod.

No, it was just a single young male, sitting in a bush about 10 feet from me and the mutt. They do have a shifty look to them.

I don't usually read this thread but thought I'd check it out and see what it's all about.  This was the first comment I saw.  I think I need to go back a few pages for some context. 

Today, laying in bed at 7am trying to wake up, I heard a very big noise, something like a tree splitting, coming from the backyard. Looking out the bedroom window, to my relief, I could see no damaged tree in the yard. Come to find out on the lunch walk with the mutt and kids around the pond, a neighbors willow tree split in half. Now he's got a big mess on his hands.

Saw one whopper of a Great Egret today. I've seen them before but this guy had a wingspan like Rodan.

Spent much of the day doing job search and networking stuff. Being out of a job for the first time in 20 years feels weird.

I just spent the last 5 months unemployed.  It was a strange and humbling experience.  I interviewed in Seattle, Pennsylvania, San Francisco, Oceanside and ended up finding a job about 2 miles from where I used to work.  I will actually be working about 50 feet from Boulder Beer which could be dangerous.  I start Monday.  I just assumed I would be moving to California so I sold my piano, my lawnmower, got rid of 10 boxes of books, etc... thinking I would need to downsize. Now it turns out I'm staying.  I'm a happy man.

Hang in there, it can be a slow and painful process, especially the networking.

I finally saw the northern lights the other night. After 20 some years of paying attention to CME reports, it happened. I woke the family up at 12:30am and we sat on the dock of the house we are renting in northern WI and watched the show for an hour. Unreal stuff. we were all in awe.

Also, I caught a 13" crappie on a popper, which is pretty much just as rare.

Spent much of the day doing job search and networking stuff. Being out of a job for the first time in 20 years feels weird.

Hang in there. I was unemployed for about 9 months recently. Just keep at it, stay professional and positive, and you'll land something.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I called the cops on a kid riding his motorcycle thru the forest preserve prairie. Dang kids!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today, I am looking forward to seeing the Giving Tree Band tomorrow evening on the northwest side of Chicago and on Saturday at VeggieFest. I haven't seen them since last September.

Oh yeah, Perseid meteor shower is tonight. I've seen a handful over the last few nights but tonight is the really big show!

Today my dog supplemented her nutritional intake by eating a mouse that she caught in the prairie. She also snacked on some dirt.