• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Started a new work gig. 3 month contract to start so I guess it’s something

I'm a few days late with this, but congrats & best of luck!

Today, I just finished listening to the new Meat Puppets album. It took me two days to get thru it. The guys went and removed all the things I like about the band: the biting guitar, the weirdness, their "edge". I always wanted them to do an acoustic record but this one is just too dang straight. "Rat Farm" still remains my fav of their recent releases. YMMV.

Today, I just finished listening to the new Meat Puppets album. It took me two days to get thru it. The guys went and removed all the things I like about the band: the biting guitar, the weirdness, their "edge". I always wanted them to do an acoustic record but this one is just too dang straight. "Rat Farm" still remains my fav of their recent releases. YMMV.

I listened to it today start to finish while making a soup (bomb cyclone in Denver today, no school/work). I thought it was decent, for the most part (that second to last Vampire tune was not good).A Country-ish aspect too it, Curt's vocals solid, decent guitar tones. I'm glad they're still making new music, particularly with Bostrom.

Hey, glad you liked the new album. They are playing a small club in Chicago in early June. I hope to get some tix tomorrow morning

Hey, glad you liked the new album. They are playing a small club in Chicago in early June. I hope to get some tix tomorrow morning

Nice!

Do you know if it's with Elmo and the keyboard guy or just the 3 of them? I've seen upcoming shows billed as "the original line up" but would assume it's with the other two, as well, as they are supporting the new album that has all 5 of them on it....

I'm working under the assumption its the new(ish) line up. Elmo has been playing live with the band for a few years now. I also read that a goal of their new album is to add lots of new songs to their current rotation. We shall see.

• 3 weeks later...

Today my $30 squirrel-proof birdfeeder was destroyed by a squirrel. Revenge will be mine.

Prior to todays event, we had some red-bellied woodpeckers visiting. Great looking bird!

Today my $30 squirrel-proof birdfeeder was destroyed by a squirrel. Revenge will be mine.

Prior to todays event, we had some red-bellied woodpeckers visiting. Great looking bird!

Squirrels steal food from each other, too. But, birds are also culprits of thievery from squirrels. Seems pretty fair, even with them figuring out the $30 gee-gaw.

Squirrel on squirrel crime is of no concern to me nor their motivations or species squabbles. I shall have my justice!

(or I'll just buy another, better squirrel-proof feeder)

Today, I left a message for the owner of my auto repair shop to discuss a quote I recently received from them. It was to replace the rotors and brake pads on the back brakes. Total amount, $355. Last night, I happened to be at a pals house who suggested we jack up my car, take the tires off and look at those brakes. We did so and found the brakes in great shape, pads barely worn and lots of life left on the rotor. Lesson? Never trust a mechanic, always get a second opinion. So obviously, we are never going there again. I'm tempted to post reviews on yelp and google, with pictures. Any thoughts?

Today, I left a message for the owner of my auto repair shop to discuss a quote I recently received from them. It was to replace the rotors and brake pads on the back brakes. Total amount, $355. Last night, I happened to be at a pals house who suggested we jack up my car, take the tires off and look at those brakes. We did so and found the brakes in great shape, pads barely worn and lots of life left on the rotor. Lesson? Never trust a mechanic, always get a second opinion. So obviously, we are never going there again. I'm tempted to post reviews on yelp and google, with pictures. Any thoughts?

I'd do it, if you have time. Maybe even contact BBB. It's bullshit like this gets my goat. It's deliberate manipulation and swindling. I've done similar with a Grease Monkey a couple years ago and customers from yelp appreciated that I posted about their shady practices.

Ya know, that does sound like a line from a DLR tune. I totally hear it.

I'm waiting to hear from the owner. I suspect that I wont.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah --- visiting Notre Dame was one of the highlights of my mine and wife's visit to Paris. I read that some of the art work and statues were off-site due to the construction going on, hopefully that was the case. 

• 3 weeks later...

Today, I'm amazed by the local streams and rivers completely overrunning their banks. We got ourselves an ol' fashioned flood goin' on. Water's RISIN'!

Yesterday, we had a nice migration of Northern Orioles and Ruby breasted Grosbeaks come thru. Needless to say, we were thrilled!