I hope I don’t have to broach this topics with my three and six year old who adored him

Ugh, that's terrible. Death is hard enough to explain to young kids, but I don't know how you're supposed to explain suicide.  Although I suppose that's a detail they don't need to know right now.  Regardless, my deepest condolences to you and your family. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Today I scored an original vinyl pressing of The Byrds "Sweetheart of the Radio". I've been trying to find that one for ever. Really clean copy, 3 bucks!

Also got a mint copy of Dire Straights "Making Movies". Side A of that record is about as perfect as you can get.

Today I scored an original vinyl pressing of The Byrds "Sweetheart of the Radio". I've been trying to find that one for ever. Really clean copy, 3 bucks!

Also got a mint copy of Dire Straights "Making Movies". Side A of that record is about as perfect as you can get.

3 bucks?!? Good find.

Psst, I'll let you in on a secret......estate sales......you wouldnt believe the records I've gotten at estate sales over the last few years. Prices are bumping up a bit (like from $1 to $3) but are still very reasonable.

Yeah I should look into that. A first pressing in good shape would have easily been a $30 record in a store. Estate sales are better than my idea of getting a time machine and going to thrift stores in the late 90s. 

Today I'm thinking about my Grateful Dead tour buddy. He passed away yesterday from the ravages of acute alcoholism. 54 years old. What a shame.

Today I'm thinking about my Grateful Dead tour buddy. He passed away yesterday from the ravages of acute alcoholism. 54 years old. What a shame.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I remember how concerned you were about him. Such a waste.  :no

Today, I am in Arlington, TX for a Cowboys game. My wife has been a fan her whole life and never seen a home game, so...

Last night we had fantastic tacos at Papaya Mexican Grill in Arlington. I little hole in the wall, and even though we got there late and maybe kept them from wrapping up their night, they were so great and accommodating! Any Dallas area people, check them out!

Heading to Dealey Plaza soon. #oswaldactedalone

Today, I'm thinking about the one in a lifetime experience me and my family shared last night. We were able to see hundreds and hundreds of Monarch butterflies roosting in the trees of a nearby forest. This doesn't ordinarily happen in the Midwest but the theory is that hurricane Florence disrupted the migration of eastern and southeastern monarchs and pushed them here. A very peaceful and otherworldly experience. We may go back tonite to experience it again. For those interested, its in Midewin Prairie, near the Iron Bridge parking lot.

Today, I'm thinking about the one in a lifetime experience me and my family shared last night. We were able to see hundreds and hundreds of Monarch butterflies roosting in the trees of a nearby forest. This doesn't ordinarily happen in the Midwest but the theory is that hurricane Florence disrupted the migration of eastern and southeastern monarchs and pushed them here. A very peaceful and otherworldly experience. We may go back tonite to experience it again. For those interested, its in Midewin Prairie, near the Iron Bridge parking lot.

A friend shared these photos from a park in the south loop of Chicago taken on a dog walk a couple of weeks ago.

41171227_739569059714063_528798690188879

41203485_237015553655314_867670178760176

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today I ate a sammich (beef on rye) from a local deli and now my stomach is making very strange noises.

REALLY strange noises.

Today, I just heard that Steve Dahl is going off the air in December. 40 some years on the air, a Chicago radio legend. I grew up listening to the guy and will definitely miss him.