• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

Say hello to that lovely station for me!

Distance adds romance. Not quite so lovely every day ... but the walk along the river is always nice. It's coming up to the time when one of the main UK TV studios with a building on the river often has their morning news team presenting outside on the public embankment with St Pauls and the river as a backdrop, when the weather is good, and they often have musical guests etc. performing. A while back a highlight was seeing the Beachboys (w/o Brian) there whilst amongst a small group of earlybird commuters a few feet away.

^^^ And also to Terry and Julie.

Well I can this evening, they're only there on Fridays :-)

Actually they should put up a statue of them like they have for Paddington Bear at that station.

Today I'm thinking about my GD tour buddy, who I hadn't seen or spoken with in 13 years until last weekend. He's now a full blown alcoholic who doesn't appear to have much time left, woah.

Today I found out I didn't get the job I interviewed for last week.

This sucks. Better luck, soon.

Today I'm thinking about my GD tour buddy, who I hadn't seen or spoken with in 13 years until last weekend. He's now a full blown alcoholic who doesn't appear to have much time left, woah.

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's painful to watch.

I heard there were some issues but when the guy showed up, completely inebriated-unable to walk or talk, that got my attention. Then he was burp barfing into a cup for an hour after trying to eat. Slowly as the night went on he got more sober but yeah, he's got some changes to make and it better be quick.

We let our 5 year old, who is in month 3 of an Indiana Jones obsession wear his Indiana Jones outfit for school pictures. A couple things learned by kid number three: let kids be kids and pick your battles. He's 5 years younger than his next closest sibling...he gets away with a lot. Also, prefers Mary to Willie as far as Indiana Jones women go...huge upset in my opinion.  

Today it became very apparent that the Spring bird migration is in full swing. Seeing lots of different kinds of warblers in my yard. Excitement!

today I sealed my driveway, which was sorely in need.  there's a huge river birch tree next door which overhangs the driveway a lot. apparently May 2nd is the day that said tree drops all of those little caterpillar-looking thingies at the slightest hint of a breeze.  this did not make me happy.  I've renamed the tree the "fucking river bitch tree next door".  I also re-discovered that manual labor is clearly not my thing.  but the driveway does look good. 

Your local police will come out and cite them for trespassing if you call often enough.

Depending on the type of bird, and how many of them there are, they can also be cited for a commotion, mischief, conspiracy, or even murder.

Today at lunch, I was spinning Deep Purple's "Made in Japan" which I picked up at an estate sale recently. 4 bucks, no scratches and sounding awesome! DP at the height of their power (with the Perfect Strangers tour being a close second).

Today I was admiring all the blossoms on our honeycrisp apple tree. After 5 yrs of producing nothing, this year holds promise!

today I sealed my driveway, which was sorely in need.  there's a huge river birch tree next door which overhangs the driveway a lot. apparently May 2nd is the day that said tree drops all of those little caterpillar-looking thingies at the slightest hint of a breeze.  this did not make me happy.  I've renamed the tree the "fucking river bitch tree next door".  I also re-discovered that manual labor is clearly not my thing.  but the driveway does look good. 

But I'll bet your driveway looks spectacular!

This happened today.

That's really cool! Let us know if you are chosen! :thumbup

Today I was admiring all the blossoms on our honeycrisp apple tree. After 5 yrs of producing nothing, this year holds promise!

Those are such amazingly good apples! Good luck! I've got a whole mess of little Bacon Avocados growing this year...this little tree's first crop. And yes, "Bacon" is actually the name of the variety, but it always makes me crave a BLT with avocado.

Today started in the ER, this time with my mother. Yesterday she had surgery she's needed on her foot over the last four years because she had to care for my dad. There were some complications, so we spent the entire day at the hospital. I brought her home around dinner time last night. Unfortunately the prescription the surgeon gave her for pain had little to no effect. She tried to tough it out, but she suffered greatly. By 3 a.m. this morning she couldn't tolerate it anymore, so we called the surgeon, who quickly dispatched us to the ER. The ER doc gave her morphine, but she still couldn't get sufficient relief. Finally she was admitted this morning and is staying overnight for monitoring. The pain finally subsided enough to allow her to sleep, which meant I got about four hours of sleep this morning. This is all happening about seven months after we buried my dad. I've spent way more time in that hospital over the last four years. I apologize for the vent, but I've been feeling overwhelmed today. At least for this weekend everything is falling on my shoulders. There's no backup. Seems like it's one bad thing after another to the point where I almost expect something to go wrong. Anyway, I hope I can bring her home tomorrow. I really could use a run of good news or luck and soon though. Hoping for and needing a good night's sleep.