He better not be meeting any of those folks. Baaad influences, all of 'em.

Correct, I will not be attending. I'll be working on deepening my indentation of a couch cushion tonite.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today (well, yesterday now) my favorite sports team won the World Series. They've given me 40 summers of joy with a good number of heartaches also. But they're my team, they were my first love (along

Hadn't heard this in a while. Honk.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0    

Heck yeah the better team won! Braves fan since 1975. And that means I have suffered through many awful seasons. 2021 began as a mediocre season and ended with a championship. Hell of a ride. GO BRAVE

Posted Images

He did. He also said there was a tremendous amount of weed smoking going on. I said "yep".

While out on a drive, the whole family saw a hawk swoop down and get a snake (looked like a garter). Most thought it was awesome, seeing it fly up in the air with it in its talons - except the seven year daughter who thought it was scary.

• 1 month later...

Is no one monitoring the SPAM posting anymore or is it just a function of how dead it’s become around here?

Over the last few days I've moderated more than 60 spam threads/posts. Those users are then blocked. We're trying to stay on top of the epidemic!

Over the last few days I've moderated more than 60 spam threads/posts. Those users are then blocked. We're trying to stay on top of the epidemic!

Ha. You’re a good man. Thank you.

Today, the guy on the weight bench next to me at my local YMCA had out a small, nearly empty bottle of Jack Daniels. I didn't see him drink any, but it was one of the weirdest things I've seen.

I suppose maybe the guy has quit drinking and uses the empty bottle as a motivational token and reminder to himself. Just giving him the rosiest conjecture.

Today, the guy on the weight bench next to me at my local YMCA had out a small, nearly empty bottle of Jack Daniels. I didn't see him drink any, but it was one of the weirdest things I've seen.

Update: He was back this morning. I'm now 75% certain he uses it as his tobacco spittoon. I didn't see him spit and he didn't have a huge wad under his lip, but I noticed some "texture" to the small amount of liquid in there.

The (now 3rd) annual Little League Classic game in MLB is one of the neatest sporting events going. Heartwarming and so much fun. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a dog from the local shelter --- the kids have been hounding us for a year or so. A one year old Xoloitzuinti mix - a fine layer of hair on it, definitely will need to get it a coat for him come fall, though. A pretty cool looking dog  I must say. 

So far it's been great with the kids.

Bought a dog from the local shelter --- the kids have been hounding us for a year or so. A one year old Xoloitzuinti mix - a fine layer of hair on it, definitely will need to get it a coat for him come fall, though. A pretty cool looking dog  I must say. 

So far it's been great with the kids.

I had to look the breed up, but yes, handsome dogs! That sparse hair coat will also mean you'll want to cover him (or sunblock?) in hot weather so he doesn't sunburn. I thought it was interesting that there is both a haired and hairless type of this breed, and a single litter of pups can have both types!

How big is your dog? Any idea what the cross is?

I had to look the breed up, but yes, handsome dogs! That sparse hair coat will also mean you'll want to cover him (or sunblock?) in hot weather so he doesn't sunburn. I thought it was interesting that there is both a haired and hairless type of this breed, and a single litter of pups can have both types!

How big is your dog? Any idea what the cross is?

Yeah, I read up on Xolo's before we got him, definitely an interesting breed, esp. from a historical perspective. 

They were not exactly sure about which other breed he is mixed with -- definitely looks like it may have a a bit of pit or other terrier in it - has a brown-spotted chest and paws.

He is about 41 pounds and about 18 - 20 inches tall. 

Great temperament, thus far, especially with my kids and all the visitors we have had, with the exception of my dad, who has to carry an small oxygen tank - the dog was afraid of the tank and did not particularly care for it.

Definitely needs a lot more leash training. 

• 1 month later...

Today it seems that all of our Ode to Joy chattering has piqued the interest of the Russian Spam-Bots once again.

Lucky us!!

Oh, Vince, you don't know the half of it. Remember to say thank you to your moderators, who work only for the joy of serving the Wilco fan community. And we will continue with our bot-slaying! :thumbup