Roadcase Series

was surprised that Kidsmoke didn't make the set list.

Well maybe it's because they were, originally, apparently, saving it for night #2- as it was on the set list as one of the 4 encore songs of the sadly aborted due to the weather second encore that never happened ("Be Not So Fearful", "Thirteen", "Spiders (Kidsmoke)" & "Dreamer In My Dreams")... Although I agree that it's absolutely dynamite as either an acoustic or electric song.

The only they appear to have, kind of, repeated, is that they did the two different versions of "Kamera" (acoustic) & "Camera" (electric)...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's cool, but now they have a bundle deal for both shows and i already bought Friday's show... boo hoo!

They did this for the Chicago run, too. Like last time, they waited to post the bundle. Oh well!

that's cool, but now they have a bundle deal for both shows and i already bought Friday's show... boo hoo!

Me too.  That sort of sucks.  Actually, not "sort of", that does suck.  They should have put it all up at once.  What are they going to do about Sunday's show?

I just called Kung Fu and left a message asking about the same thing. Also we're hoping that there will be a release of Sunday's show as well, and what will be involved in terms of bundled pricing? I will be sure and post here if I hear back from them.

I would hold off buying..maybe they will have a buy any 2 bundle, and a buy all 3 bundle?

Hold off buying?  I'm incapable, already bought and downloaded the Saturday show.

I just called Kung Fu and left a message asking about the same thing. Also we're hoping that there will be a release of Sunday's show as well, and what will be involved in terms of bundled pricing? I will be sure and post here if I hear back from them.

Funny, some person on FB named Diane Kyrus just posted she did the same thing!

Hold off buying? I'm incapable, already bought and downloaded the Saturday show.

Funny, some person on FB named Diane Kyrus just posted she did the same thing!

Isn't that amazing? I'll have a word with that bitch!

Is anyone else having difficulty getting through the check out portion of the site now? Once I hit "check out" it brings up an error screen.

Yes! This just happened to me. I bought several of the Chicago Winterlude shows last year and I never ran into any problems. I'll keep trying keep smiling knowing that you can always count on me. 

For sure….

Update: I was able to purchase the bundle via my iPhone, but I can't access the download links that are in my email. I can't even login to My Account on the Kung Fu Store without the error message "Safari can't establish a secure connection to the server". I tried changing it from https: to http: and nothing. I updated my computer and reset my Safari and nothing. I'm able to see My Account on my iPhone, but it's not worth it since an iPhone can't unzip files. 

I sent them an email and we'll see what happens.  

Sunday might be difficult with all those guests and all, but that would be awesome!  Makes me wonder why I lug around all that taping equipment, I wish they'd announce ahead of time if the show will be on Roadcase.

Sunday might be difficult with all those guests and all, but that would be awesome!  Makes me wonder why I lug around all that taping equipment, I wish they'd announce ahead of time if the show will be on Roadcase.

I would always assume all shows (unless the venue prohibits it) will be a Roadcase at some point --- and I, for one, appreciate all yours and all other tapers, efforts. I am still one who enjoys a greatly recorded audience tape over a soundboard.

But I understand where your coming from, my friend doesn't tape shows nearly as much, because he realizes the shows will be released via Roadcase.

Here's the response from Kung Fu regarding my trouble trying to "establish a secure connection". I must be crazy, but I had no issue on January 1st of this year when I bought several of the Chicago Winterlude shows. Is anyone else having issues with Safari & Kung Fu? I'd hate to download one of these web browsers for just one site, but I'm going to have to to get my downloads. 

"Our site is not supported by Safari (or Internet Explorer). It works best in Firefox or Google Chrome. Next, our downloads to not work on phones or tablets since they often do not have unzipping software. My suggestion is first trying the download through Firefox or Chrome. If you continue to have issues accessing the downloads, please let me know and we can proceed from there."

Edit: Well, using Google Chrome did the trick! Hopefully, this helped some people that were experiencing similar issues recently. 

Here's the response from Kung Fu regarding my trouble trying to "establish a secure connection". I must be crazy, but I had no issue on January 1st of this year when I bought several of the Chicago Winterlude shows. Is anyone else having issues with Safari & Kung Fu?

I downloaded the Acoustic show with Safari on my Mac with no problem.

I downloaded the Acoustic show with Safari on my Mac with no problem.

Thanks for responding. Yeah, like I said I had no issue back in January either. Weird! I even tried to do my online banking and that didn't give me the same error message. Oh well….

I just got a phone call from a nice representative at Kung Fu. She said that if people have already ordered one show and later a bundled option comes up, just contact Kung Fu directly (by phone or email) and they'll apply the appropriate credit. Note that you do need to contact them to get the credit applied--it won't just happen automatically.

In my case--I had already bought Friday night and had not yet bought Saturday--she said the easiest thing would be to place a new order for the bundle, and then to put a note in the comment field telling them to cancel my previous order. I just did that.

Also, about the possibility of the Sunday show being released, she said that they release the Roadcase recordings as they get them from Wilco's sound engineers. She has not yet gotten word about Sunday.

So basically, as has been my past experience with Kung Fu, they seem to be reasonable about treating their customers fairly, even though their refund process is not as automated and seamless as larger retailers like Amazon, etc.

Bonus tidbit: I asked whether they plan to ever offer the 2013 covers show Roadcase again. I started to explain and she said, oh yeah, I'm familiar with that. Her understanding is that it's a rights clearance issue with one or more of the songs. She doesn't know for sure whether they're actively working to resolve that issue or not, but she is aware that there is still demand out there for that show.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a nice dozen show run coming up in August. Here's to hoping that we get a Roadcase show, soonerer than laterer, where the show opens with the complete "Star Wars" album- like at the Pitchfork & Gathering Of The Vibes Fests!!! The actual "Star Wars" CD comes out on August 21st, so I'm hoping sometime just after that, but, hopefully, before the run of, yeat another even dozen, shows in September (seeing Cleveland & Ithaca myself)!

• 5 weeks later...