Live Stream Of Wilco @ Pitchfork Fest Playing New Album Start To Finish Fri. 7/17 @ 8:30 CST/ 9:30 EST

WILCO REPORT: TONIGHT!! Wilco live at the Pitchfork Fest with an 9:30 P.M. EST live simulcast stream. "As for their headlining set at Pitchfork tonight, Wilco will be offering fans an extremely unique opportunity in their set. Tweedy reveals, “we’re going to play the record start to finish tonight.” He explains that he wants people to hear the record in its entirety. He says, “that’s one of the reasons we wanted to release it this way. We wanted people to hear the whole record first.”. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gblYhwTenDQ

http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2015/07/17/we-want-people-to-hear-the-whole-record-first-jeff-tweedy-on-wilcos-surprise-new-album-plus-plans-for-tonights-pitchfork-set/

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*fingers crossed somebody records this*

Assuming this is where we'll be chatting the whole time? I should go charge my phone. My computer is hooked to the TV, because for some reason the YouTube application on the TV doesn't want to play the stream... I never knew TV's even had applications until 3-4 months ago when we bought the thing.

TUNE IN! TURN ON!! ROCK OUT!! !

Aren't you off by an hour. It says 8:30 local, which would be Est?
I'm guess Chvrches is going over. No rock shows are ever on time. Ha.

Anyone I've talked to said the local 8:30 was CST...

Anyone else having their stream come in choppy? Chvrches just froze for 30 seconds and before that the sound was off quite a bit. 

Oh well! I'm just glad to be tuning in. 

Edit: Chvrches' lead singer just talked about Wilco. "Are you guys sticking around for Wilco?" - crowd casually applauds - "You don't sound very enthusiastic. Aren't they hometown heroes? They just put out an album last night." - crowd casually applauds a bit louder. 

This live stream is bringing the album to life for me.  The sound quality of the album stream sounds dull through my computer system, and doesn't completely sell me, but this really sets the whole thing on fire.  i'm excited to hear the vinyl version since that's by far how music sounds best in my house.