• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a Montevideano?

no, but I have plans to be there (and Sao Paulo) early next month on business and was looking very forward to attending both shows.  One festival... one small venue... sigh.  I'm from Kentucky.  This will be my first time to Uruguay, and only my second trip to South America. Very excited to go there, even with the disappointing news on the show.

You?

Nah, I'm a western yank but my wife and I are both Spanish speakers and we were knocking s. American countries off our bucketlist. Uruguay is really cool. We loved Montevideo and the coastal towns up north.

Too bad they're playing a big fest in BA, it could be a fairly inconvenient excuse to go to another amazing city.

Nah, I'm a western yank but my wife and I are both Spanish speakers and we were knocking s. American countries off our bucketlist. Uruguay is really cool. We loved Montevideo and the coastal towns up north.

Too bad they're playing a big fest in BA, it could be a fairly inconvenient excuse to go to another amazing city.

cool... I've heard that too, very European-like.  I'll have colleagues to help me around which will be great.  I'm English-only, so the help will be welcome.

The Montevideo Uruguay show has disappeared from the wilcoworld page, and word from the local venue company is that the show is canceled.

This is incredibly bad news.

Yes :( The producer said the show was almost sold out and claimed logistical problems

"The American agency that handles the agenda of the artist, in charge of this tour and to which we bought the show, High Road Touring, and the management of the own band (Wilco), have been completely negligent and useless at the time Unforeseen measuring imponderables and to make decisions for them.

Both the local production of the show, Gaucho, as the venue where he was going to carry out the concert, LA Trastienda Club Montevideo, they don't have any kind of responsibility in this decision."

>> https://www.facebook.com/Primavera0uy/posts/981597355284734

I was going to attend this show as well. It's all paid and I can't change to Chile now. :/
Very upset :(

Just hope it doesn't affect the rest of the tour!

I wonder if there's any chance that they'll do a series of winter residency shows in Chicago. I'd make a trip for that. I've been trying to find a job in Chicago so I can move up there, so I'm looking for any excuse to visit.