Rock & good news! On a lark I went on Ticketbastard to see what was left for the 2nd Seattle show. I'm going solo to that one. I put in for 1 ADA seat & much to my surprise 1 ticket came up for the front row! So, I'm sitting front row both nights of the Seattle stand. Center 1st night, a little off to side 2nd night. My wallet is hurting but I'm excited! BTW: there are still balcony tickets available for the 2nd show. Woo hoo!

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pretty cool support acts just announced for the West Coast run. Joan Shelley, Kevin Morby, Phil and Dave Alvin, old friends Scott Amendola (in Amendola vs. Blades) and Jeff Parker!

Wonder what's up with support for the Chicago show...hmm.

Well, since no one bit on my SF/LA openers post, I guess I'll try another California-related item that I haven't seen posted yet about Wilco returning to the Bay Area to headline the Sound Summit Festival on Mount Tamalpais with Los Lobos and Bill Frisell's Guitar In The Space Age on Sept. 17 (after the LA shows).

http://www.jambase.com/article/wilco-headline-sound-summit-2016-mount-tam

Well, since no one bit on my SF/LA openers post, I guess I'll try another California-related item that I haven't seen posted yet about Wilco returning to the Bay Area to headline the Sound Summit Festival on Mount Tamalpais with Los Lobos and Bill Frisell's Guitar In The Space Age on Sept. 17 (after the LA shows).

Pretty excited for this. Mt. Tam is one of my favorite places in the world, but I've never seen a show at Mountain Theater. And September is such a great time to be up there.

I hope it has something to do with shows that are going on at Wrigley that weekend...

Eddie is notorious for popping up at other people's shows. It was kind of a running joke with my friend & I for awhile. It seemed every show we went to, Eddie showed up. Broke the the streak when PJ was on tour. At Paul McCartney we got Krist Novoselic instead & no one at the Who. We'll see what happens this summer...

Wilco and Los Lobos, that's a dream bill for me.  Jealous.

Eddie is notorious for popping up at other people's shows. It was kind of a running joke with my friend & I for awhile. It seemed every show we went to, Eddie showed up. Broke the the streak when PJ was on tour. At Paul McCartney we got Krist Novoselic instead & no one at the Who. We'll see what happens this summer...

I wouldn't mind a bit if Eddie wanted to pop in during the Wilco shows in Seattle.  Mike, either. He does own a Jeff Tweedy guitar, so...

Pretty excited for this. Mt. Tam is one of my favorite places in the world, but I've never seen a show at Mountain Theater. And September is such a great time to be up there.

Me, too. Mount Tam is one of my favorite places. And after hiking over an empty wooded Mountain Theater numerous times years ago, it's pretty amazing to think Wilco will be playing here. Such a wonderful location.

I wouldn't mind a bit if Eddie wanted to pop in during the Wilco shows in Seattle.  Mike, either. He does own a Jeff Tweedy guitar, so...

I've seen Bill Frissell & Scott McCaugh (YFF, REM) show up more than once @ Wilco in Seattle. 

• 3 weeks later...

Last Saturday i saw Wilco in Madrid (Spain). Was my 6th Wilco concert and i think the best. Jeff was happy, the band was on fire and Nels was AMAZING.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/wilco/2016/real-jardin-botanico-alfonso-xiii-madrid-spain-3bfffc1c.html

In november, i´ll see them again in Berlin. (Germany......impossible?)

hey, where the hell is that record they've got all finished and ready to release upon the world?

If it's real, I'm willing to bet they'll do a surprise release again. It was this time of year last year when Star Wars surprised us all so... maybe any day now??

Assuming that it's 100% finished (if not we'll really have to hold our horses) we have to assume that they have some reason for delaying its release. As much as I'm dying to crack open another new Wilco record, I'm thinking they're going to hold onto it until they complete these tours in order to give Star Wars its due. That might mean we're waiting until this winter. But then again, who knows?

They played Seattle soon after Star Wars dropped last summer & did the whole thing to start the show. I'm thinking & hoping they have a new one ready before the west coast dates. They seem to be in smaller venues. Maybe a quieter record coming?

Assuming that it's 100% finished (if not we'll really have to hold our horses) we have to assume that they have some reason for delaying its release. As much as I'm dying to crack open another new Wilco record, I'm thinking they're going to hold onto it until they complete these tours in order to give Star Wars its due. That might mean we're waiting until this winter. But then again, who knows?

In the Interview with Courtney Barnett, Jeff stated that he was in no hurry to release it because of that fact that Star Wars was so fresh. Maybe this fall or Winter

Got that presale password too late yesterday to get any tickets for Thurs in LA, but I got a pair in the balcony off to the side in the general onsale this AM.

So we are going to Wed and Thur, got decent center floor seats 13 rows back for Wed from the Wilco presale.

Looking forward to hitting Cole's French Dip and The Varnish again!

kidsmoke, are you in?  Is your son coming again?

Like knotgreen, I still want to know if they are gonna do Star Wars every night in LA and SF.  I sure hope they don't, but they did it at all the two-night stands earlier this year and last year, I think.  Not knowing that Is what kept us for going for all three LA shows.  If they do Star Wars every night I definitely do not want to hear it three nights in a row.  Two nights in a row is pushing it, but I could deal with that if I had to.

Matt, I don't know how I missed this earlier, but yes, I'm in! I don't know if Brennan has any time these days for concert outings...he's getting his computer repair business up and running and expanding, so that's eating up all his time right now. But I think I'll talk him into one of the 3 nights. He won't be too hard to persuade, especially if I dangle Cole's and the Varnish. I want to see the Varnish myself, and it would be terrific to see you again! Let's talk when the date gets closer.