• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Wilco IS going to Brazil!

Has anyone checked in on our Brazilian friends?

Are they done freaking out?

No, not quite yet.

Forgive my laziness, but I don't feel like scrolling through 31 pages of a thread i haven't paid attention to...is there any news on the supposed 'f*cked up country record" that's ready to go, and when that might actually be released?

Not since we heard that specific comment on its existence. At this point one can only speculate if the extensive touring is evidence that it is forthcoming or the opposite.

Anyone with experience from the Riviera runs know if the band sold 5-day tickets?

They did sell a five day ticket for the Winter Residency in '08 (I got one but then missed the final show because I got sick like everybody else waiting in line). They did not sell it for 6 night run in 2014 which is obviously the more recent example.

Seattle 9/2 & 9/3 @ the Moore theater. Tiny! Yay! :guitar

I'm on the east coast but thinking of flying in for this. Never been to Seattle so this is as good of an excuse as any. Besides the Moore Theater is pretty historic. I've listened to that Mad Season show a hundred times probably. I noticed on TM there is an internet presale on Thursday, which is good for me since I can't do the Wednesday presale (stupid job!). Any idea what this is? Didn't know if this was the Moore's presale or what. 

Nice to see the extra security restrictions Wilco is putting on the Fillmore shows. I'm sure scalpers will figure out some way to thwart the restrictions, but they sound pretty tight to me. Strict 2 ticket limit, will call only, must have the credit card you originally used when picking up your ticket.

I'm super happy. REALLY. But it's not easy being a Brazilian fan:
The country is in a major crisis (and chaos, I think you heard about impeachment) but the VIP ticket costs (with fees) R$ 575/$161. The GA ticket is R$342/$96.  :blink
I know it's not the band's fault and it's super expensive to bring them, especially now with the dollar high... but I'm still shocked.
I have no idea if I can go to another show of the SA tour :/ (But I will try!!!!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Let me know if one of you come to see them here (I hope I haven't discouraged anyone ;))

Thoughts on whether or not the PNW and West Coast shows will be "standard" Star Wars shows with the band opening the show by playing the album in its entirety? 

Doubt it....I can't see them dong this multiple nights.  I heard they would be doing 2 albums per night...and get through the entire catalog.  In fact if they did 2 per night in SF there would be an opening on the last night for the new unreleased one.  They have 9 studio so far and the 10th will be the last night.

Doubt it....I can't see them dong this multiple nights.  I heard they would be doing 2 albums per night...and get through the entire catalog.  In fact if they did 2 per night in SF there would be an opening on the last night for the new unreleased one.  They have 9 studio so far and the 10th will be the last night.

They did it both nights when they were in Boston in January...

Kinda bummed they are touring so extensively but didn't put any FL shows on the schedule. I saw them here in FL at a couple shows last year, then flew to MA for Solid Sound...so I just missed the debut of Star Wars, and still haven't seen them do any of those songs live. 

They did it both nights when they were in Boston in January...

They already did SW in SF at Outside Lands last year. I'm hoping there is a new record before the Fillmore shows and that new material gets incorporated into the sets. The fact that they are referring to the SF shows as a residency gives me hope that they're planning on mixing it up a bit. They haven't played a non-festival electric show here since 2012. The SF fans are so looking forward to these shows and are super grateful that we're getting 5 nights!

Psyched for Theatre at Ace Hotel in LA.  What a great sounding venue and pretty intimate too.  Both Tweedy shows there were super - I wonder if they will try to stop people from getting up and dancing again this time around...