• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thankful that I have a reserved seat at the Atlanta show. Girlpool is opening and I don't like them. It'll be nice to miss them and still have a good seat waiting for me. I'd be way into seeing Bill Frisell or Angel Olsen open, or even William Tyler, who I've been meaning to check out.

We have GA tickets both nights.

Wondering what time we should plan to be there to achieve a front row spot?

I've never been to a weekday show at the tabernacle, and I can't remember a lot about it. I was last there 4 years ago for Rufus Wainwright.

I'm looking forward to these shows more than anything else going on in my life right now. So far 2016 is the worst.

^^I work a block from the Tabernacle, and it's pretty common to see people lining up at lunchtime.  That tends to be for teeny bopper bands, though.  For a band with an adult audience like Wilco, you're probably safe if you get there an hour before doors open.

I agree about 2016.  This year has been awful on many different levels.

Here's a piece of encouraging news for those of you who have been clamoring for a show in Philadelphia. In the comments section of the Facebook post about last night's show in Portland someone was complaining about no shows in Philly and Wilco HQ responded "patience".

^^I work a block from the Tabernacle, and it's pretty common to see people lining up at lunchtime. That tends to be for teeny bopper bands, though. For a band with an adult audience like Wilco, you're probably safe if you get there an hour before doors open.

I agree about 2016. This year has been awful on many different levels.

Good to know. I think our plan tentatively is early afternoon. Hoping it will be easy to get up front.

What's in the area now? Last time we saw a show there we ate at the CNN center food court.

Aside from the CNN Center food court, there's a Waffle House and Ted's Montana Grill (both visible from the venue), Park Bar, and Slice Pizza all very close to the Tabernacle.  There's also a big Ferris Wheel right next to it now.  If you walk across the park, you'll find Max's Pizza, Der Biergarten, Stats Sports Bar (all on Marietta St.), and maybe some other places.  If you're there in the afternoon,  Broad Street (a few blocks east of the venue) is the place for lunch.  It's usually a good mix of GSU students and office workers. I recommend Rosa's Pizza, Dua Vietnamese (both on Broad St.), or Blossom Tree Korean (a block over from Broad, on Peachtree St.)

Looking forward to both Atlanta shows. I might bring my poster from last fall's show in NOLA with the hope of meeting some of the band members and having them sign it early in the day. Hope also to meet any of y'all who will be there.

I've seen that lots of people actually get to meet them but never know how they do it. On the street? Outside by the tour bus? Hang out at the stage after the show? What is the most common way? I'm traveling by myself from Raleigh up to the Roanoke show in a few weeks and have 2nd row and would love to get the poster I'm going to get signed. No idea how to go about it though...

I've seen that lots of people actually get to meet them but never know how they do it. On the street? Outside by the tour bus? Hang out at the stage after the show? What is the most common way? I'm traveling by myself from Raleigh up to the Roanoke show in a few weeks and have 2nd row and would love to get the poster I'm going to get signed. No idea how to go about it though...

https://www.google.com/#q=how+do+i+stalk+someone

This forum won't let me quote anymore (no idea why) but in regard to meeting the band, you might have luck hanging around the venue in the mid-afternoon.  When they played Savannah several years ago, we were walking around and we saw Jeff hanging out by the tour bus.  We didn't bother him, but we waved from a distance and he waved back.

For the Atlanta shows, there's a parking lot right next to the venue, on the corner of Luckie and Spring Streets (aka Ted Turner Drive) where the busses park and bands load in.  That's where you'll probably have the best chance of meeting the band.  You'll also probably have better luck the first night, as the second night the band and crew won't be doing as much work at the venue before the show.

I'm pretty curious how the seating vs general admission thing is going to work at the Tabernacle in Atlanta.  I haven't seen too many shows there with both reserved seats and a GA floor, 99% of the time the whole venue is GA or reserved.  When I saw The Raconteurs there many years ago, anyone could go onto the GA floor but you had to have a wristband to get into the balconies.  As a result, the upper balconies had tons of empty space and the floor was totally overcrowded.  That was a long time ago, so I'm hoping that they'll be keeping folks with reserved seats off the floor these days but, I won't lie, I've been stressing this a bit ever since buying my tickets.

Front row balcony at the Tabernacle is one of the best seats at any venue and you've got nothing to worry about.  The ushers are great at keeping people out of the reserved seats that don't belong there.  My concern is the opposite, people with not so great reserved seats overcrowding the floor.

I don't think we will have to worry about overcrowding too much. The couple shows I've seen there were sold out, and we were close to the front. It didn't feel too crowded.

The only wilco show I ever felt too crowded at was Sloss Furnace in 2012.

I think we're gonna try to get to the tabernacle around noon both days.

Shawnsolo73: as far as meeting the band goes, we've usually had good luck just hanging out near the buses after the show. Everyone in the band has been very gracious and friendly, but we've never seen Jeff Tweedy signing or chatting after a show. Good luck!

I don't think we will have to worry about overcrowding too much. The couple shows I've seen there were sold out, and we were close to the front. It didn't feel too crowded.

The only wilco show I ever felt too crowded at was Sloss Furnace in 2012.

I think we're gonna try to get to the tabernacle around noon both days.

I go to Lunch at 12. I'll walk by there and if I see you I'll introduce myself.