• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Wilco's twitter feed, a new Wilco show has been added: June 1, Clay Center, Charleston, WV

Now on wilcoworld too. Interesting that the band hasn't played the state of WV since 2006 and now they have two shows scheduled for 2016. Go WV.

Mountain Jam: Music Festival Announces 2016 Lineup for Event Held in Upstate New York

The festival founded by Warren Haynes and Radio Woodstock said its 2016 headliners are Beck, Wilco, The Avett Brothers, Gov't Mule and Umphrey's McGee. It is set to held on June 2-5.

I'm going.

Mountain Jam: Music Festival Announces 2016 Lineup for Event Held in Upstate New York

The festival founded by Warren Haynes and Radio Woodstock said its 2016 headliners are Beck, Wilco, The Avett Brothers, Gov't Mule and Umphrey's McGee. It is set to held on June 2-5.

Mountain Jam, you are calling my name. That is a dream lineup.

Unfortunately, lodging/parking is an issue there.  I hate how they charge for every little thing too.  Pay to park, pay for a shuttle pass....

Whatever, I'm still going.  Beck/Wilco/Isbell is too good to pass up.  I saw that Umphree's is Thursday so I'll probably buy a 3 day pass and go on Friday.

Unfortunately, lodging/parking is an issue there.  I hate how they charge for every little thing too.  Pay to park, pay for a shuttle pass....

Whatever, I'm still going.  Beck/Wilco/Isbell is too good to pass up.  I saw that Umphree's is Thursday so I'll probably buy a 3 day pass and go on Friday.

PM sent...

Wow, that's a great lineup.  I would love to get to this one.  I just booked JazzFest with a buddy, don't know how many more festival weekends I have in me, or how many more weekends my wife will put up with me disappearing. My wife has always been awesome about me hitting the road for concerts, even when we had 2 little kids at home.  I also have Lockn' on my tentative schedule.  Decisions decisions.  

I hadn't seen anyone point this out yet but Jambase says Wilco is playing Sasquatch this year. "Exact performance date not confirmed yet," Use the "Show more dates" option here: http://www.jambase.com/band/wilco

Not sure I believe it, to be honest. Looks like they wrote Sasquatch but the dates match up with Mountain Jam, which I suspect is what they really meant.

The Portland show at the State Theater is a GA show.  Does anyone know how the theater is configured for this?  I've never been there, but I assumed it's a theater setting, like the Orpheum.  But since it's a GA show, maybe not?

It's GA. No seats on the floor in front of the sound board to the stage & open seating everywhere else.  I did see Tweedy there once & it was a GA show and they added seats in that area. But there's no way they'll add seats for Wilco. 

I'm seeing the Burlington show....saw them in Montreal last September. Any thoughts about whether they will continue to begin the show with Star Wars? I would rather they mix in new songs throughout the show, but that's just my opinion.

I am seeing three shows this week, so I would also prefer they don't do Star Wars in its entirety to open each show.  With 2 nights at the Orpheum, I would be surprised if they do.  We'll find out tonight how they will be handling the set list.  

Mikael posted a photo on Instagram saying they were rehearsing Magnetized.  But that doesn't mean they will do all of Star Wars. We will know soon enough.