• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucinda Fucking Williams added to the bill of the Dublin Show on 10th July.

Competition time: which song would you like to see her sing with Wilco that night? Nul points for 'You and I'... :twitchsmile

Actually Lucinda's drawl on You and I would be hysterical!

I'm going to Mt. Jam, so occasionally, I'll head over to their forum to see if there is any intel on scheduling or whatever.  Boy, people hate Wilco and Beck.  So much so, that they aren't going to Mt. Jam this year.  So much so, they go onto a forum for a music festival that they aren't even going to, and bitch about it.

I'm going to Mt. Jam, so occasionally, I'll head over to their forum to see if there is any intel on scheduling or whatever.  Boy, people hate Wilco and Beck.  So much so, that they aren't going to Mt. Jam this year.  So much so, they go onto a forum for a music festival that they aren't even going to, and bitch about it.

Yeah, same when the played Lockn' 2 years ago.  People were bitching all over the place.  Post festival, I noticed some converts on the forum.

i think that Mountain Jam should book Sunn O))).

And once again you've sent me to Google and Wikipedia, thereby expanding my surface knowledge of a genre I don't think I want to know any more about, thankyouverymuch! 

"The band's style is characterized by extremely slow tempos, heavily distorted guitars, avoidance of rhythm and melody, and alternate tunings. The guitars are notable for their low register, frequently utilising tunings as low as dropped A. Additionally, the band is known for using resonant feedback to create monolithic soundscapes and eerie atmospheres. Percussion is almost never incorporated, with a lack of any discernible beat. When performing live, the band wear robes, fill the air with fog, and play at an extremely high volume."

:ermm  :yawn

i enjoyed a very nice evening w/ Sunn O))) a few years ago. i was afraid i was gonna miss their set, as i was coming from shooting Madonna at the Garden, and she had us shoot songs 7 and 8 or something weird like that. 

but Sunn O))) didn't get on until midnight, and played until close to 2AM. at the Coolidge Corner theater! i was amazed there was no noise complaint from the hoity-toity brookline residents. massive sound, tons of fog, a warm theater, a beer, a late night, and a comfy chair. i definitely dozed off for a few.

p1105111678-4.jpg

i enjoyed a very nice evening w/ Sunn O))) a few years ago. i was afraid i was gonna miss their set, as i was coming from shooting Madonna at the Garden, and she had us shoot songs 7 and 8 or something weird like that. 

but Sunn O))) didn't get on until midnight, and played until close to 2AM. at the Coolidge Corner theater! i was amazed there was no noise complaint from the hoity-toity brookline residents. massive sound, tons of fog, a warm theater, a beer, a late night, and a comfy chair.

Well, under those circumstances, yeah, I could see that being a good experience. 

What are the odds that  Wilco will do a run of shows in Chicago this winter, maybe in December or January or February?  If anybody hears anything, please let us know.  My live Wilco drought continues and won't be abated with any of the shows announced thus far for 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

Informative interview.

I can't believe the interviewer didn't follow up Jeff's "bullshit" on YHF somewhat. Would have loved to hear more on that.

Also - Jeff's comment about Billy Corgan is out there. He doesn't usually jump into this kind of thing...  "I worry about Billy. I think he seems like he’s maybe a little out of his mind."

The most interesting thing about this interview is that nearly every answer to every question starts with "no" or "not really" or some other expression that indicates that the interviewer is on the wrong track.

LouieB

That's true, I think the interviewer just keeps teeing up suppositions that Jeff finds annoying or problematic.  Kind of the opposite of those interviews where Jeff gets philosophical about the nature of creativity thanks to a dialog supported by open-ended questions.  I'm not sure if Jeff looks more cranky, or the interviewer looks more like a doofus.  It's a little awkward.

He looks like a doofus I think.  Jeff doesn't seem that cranky, but he does seem to not particularly agree with the way the questions are being asked.  I think anymore most people answer no to questions even when they kind of mean yes; know what I mean? (No of course not.)

I guess the Loose Fur album has to finally come out. 

LouieB