With Wilco having wrapped up touring for 2015, I am ready to hear VCers prognostications for 2016. Will they continue to play Star Wars in its entirety to lead off shows? When will they hit the road in '16? Where will they tour as they continue to plug Star Wars? Will another record be released?

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see some shows in the mid-Atlantic/southeast area. It's been a while. Would love to see a TWEEDY or Jeff solo show or two around here too.

Beyond that, I'm hoping Jeff continues doing the all request shows at the Vic for charity. Those are always such highlights for me. This year's show in May was a little strange since it was one night instead of two, which made it a tough decision to fly in for just one show. Also, the late announcement, coupled with the fact that Wilco had just played 6 nights in December and TWEEDY had just played 2 nights in March, may have led to the show being less well attended than usual.

I can see them putting out another, dare I say, more serious album with a proper, short tour in the spring and summer.  An album with classic build up, bonus tracks etc.  I also think Tweedy will to a run next summer if Spence goes to college.  I bet there's another Tweedy album on the horizon since there is an actual band now and the initial track list came from 100 new tunes.  Theres always a chance for a live album/DVD from Tweedy or Wilco.

As for others…new Autumn Defense.  They've been pretty regular with albums and tours.

Oh, and Jeff might do some more producing.  Would love to see him produce Neil Young and force the dude to make a good album.

Oh man!  I forgot the rumored Loose Fur album!

First- Continuation of the "Star Wars" tour (rooting for an NYC triple with an all-acoustic show & for Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Toronto too...)
... then...
... IIRC correctly Jeff said, in an interview a little while back, that he & Spencer had the next Tweedy album (think it was implied that it was a single album) all finished, mixed & ready to go.. so I'm betting on another Tweedy album (in 2016) before the next Wilco... but another Wilco album sooner than later is certainly possible guessing 2017)... & some Jeff solo dates (including two all-request shows at the Vic this time, please...) would be very welcome too...and...before the end of the year, the Ithaca show as a Roadcase please!!! As great a show as I've ever heard them do & probably the most fun I've had at a Wilco show too! Pure magic that night on every level!

Looks like 2016 is kicking off with Jeff solo, along with The Autumn Defense playing the Peter Buck curated Todos Santos Music Festival in Mexico from January 14-16. Having gone to the 2015 festival I can't recommend it highly enough, and will be doing my best to be there again!

http://todossantosmusicfestival.com/ 

That festival sounds great, just love the line-up. Unfortunately, the airfare from my neck of the woods is prohibitively expensive at this point. :(

Big 'Wilco' freestanding sign up in the centre of Barcelona without any explanation as yet. In past years something similar heralded the Primevera headliners. So Wilco in Europe this summer? Hope it's not just festivals as far as the UK is concerned, assuming we get a look in.

CRM18CpWUAAemH7.jpg

The alternative is that someone has been doing a bit of fly tipping after Solid Sound.

Man, 2 (rather than the usual 3- if it was 3, I'd be there for sure) NYC dates, but... literally smack dab in the middle of Winter. That's a tough risk weather/road trip wise- especially traveling from the Rochester/Buffalo area. And good seats are $75 before fees...(venue is 3676 capacity & gorgeous)

If I knew that one of these two was an all-acoustic show, I'd be there in a second....hoping one of them is & that they announce that ASAP!

I just saw "Star Wars" twice (Cleveland- terrible venue, fine performance, overall a real bust of a trip & Ithaca- as great as I've ever seen them & as much as I've ever had at one of their gigs) & while I'm guessing that they will most likely mix up the set list as much as possible... this becomes a more questionable proposition than usual.

At least it's on a Friday & Saturday, so, in the end, I'll probably cave in, but I'm not so sure just yet on this one.

Back to the Orpheum in Boston.  Much better than the Wang.  Not an "Evening With" show, so pretty much guarantees the March 2010 show at the Orpheum will remain in my top 5 shows of all time.  Very psyched for this, easy walk over from my office.  May have to make a run on the Portland show as well.  One is not enough.