• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presale has been a disaster.  The published link (email and website) simply does not work.  The twitter link (the /events link) worked, but by the time I figured it out, all Brooklyn tix were gone.  Got 4 for New Haven, but this experience was probably the most frustrating of any Wilco on-sales that I have ever had.

It definitely feels like not many seats were allotted for this presale, unless if the lucky people don't post here and strictly on FB.

Yeah, I'm surprised that Boston is so cheap. Oh well! I'll be spending the extra money when I rent a Tauntaun in late January. 

https://www.crowdsurge.com/wilco/

This page might have less traffic….announced on Twitter moments ago

RE Portland GA: Yes! I saw Ryan Adams there summer of 2014 on his first gig in a long time and you could move around wherever you wanted to. There was a nice quiet bar area that had a place to lean on and look out into the show and it was easy to go onto the floor and be very close. 

Boston had 4 price points:

$33.50

$40.50

$48.00

$73.50

ahhh ok..good to know..9 times out of 10 NYC shows are at least $15-20 more per ticket than almost all other cities..biggest disparity was Brooklyn vs New Haven (almost half price and only 50 miles away!)

I think the valid complaint here is for better information to have been provided as to when the links would work and the correct link. More and more Wilco fans means less and less opportunity to pull tickets in a limited presale. This matters most for the reserved seat shows as it just won't be that hard to find GA tickets and with Wilco the face value is so cheap even if i get stuck going above face value. Managed to pull a single reserved orchestra for both Brooklyn shows a $39.50 GA ticket for both Atlanta and 2 GA for the New Haven show that were also beyond fairly priced. 

I was sitting at my computer at 9:00 CST and still couldn't get tix for the ATL shows. Very disappointed. With lightning, rain, and terrible presale arrangements,  it seems like the gods don't want me to see Wilco. Bummer.

I was sitting at my computer at 9:00 CST and still couldn't get tix for the ATL shows. Very disappointed. With lightning, rain, and terrible presale arrangements, it seems like the gods don't want me to see Wilco. Bummer.

But remember, it was only the pre -sale. Typical for bands to have small allotments for their own presale. Try for the real on-sale.

By the time I was able to get in, couldn't get 2 together in Boston.  I grabbed a single GA for Portland (the entire show is GA, is that usual for the State Theater?)

Love GA at the State Theater. Much better than their seating arrangement, in my opinion. I have seen numerous shows there, both GA and seated, including WIlco GA and Jeff solo seated. The GA shows blow away the seated shows in terms of audience energy. So glad Wilco chose to go with GA!

Love GA at the State Theater. Much better than their seating arrangement, in my opinion. I have seen numerous shows there, both GA and seated, including WIlco GA and Jeff solo seated. The GA shows blow away the seated shows in terms of audience energy. So glad Wilco chose to go with GA!

Great!  Psyched to go.

Orpheum pre-sale is officially sold out.

New Haven still available, just scored one. Totally got sidetracked with work stuff at 10am and missed Brooklyn. The new ticketing page still confuses me.

The second time that I saw Wilco was at the State Theater in Aug 2004 and it was GA. I met Jeff & Sue outside the venue after the show. I believe it was their anniversary. I think I'll wait to buy a ticket for this show. The 2 hour drive in winter could be a mistake.

Speaking of which, can anyone lend any ideas what type of situations constitutes a show to be cancelled in the inclement weather? I know that Boston had several parking bans & the subway shut down this past winter, but certain events still went on. A State Of Emergency pretty much shuts down everything. I have a 45 minute drive to Boston, before I get to use the subway, so I might ponder getting a hotel the night before just to be on the safe side. Anyone else in the same mindset? Was hoping for March dates, but excited to see any dates at all so soon.