• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Norfolk is off the beaten path and it's a Tuesday show, but the Norva is a great venue. Less than 1500 capacity, all GA standing on the floor with very limited seating on a side balcony. Wilco played here in 2004 and 2007, great shows with lots of crowd energy.

I mention this because I'm going to go to the box office on Friday and buy as many tickets as I can. Face value is only $40 + maybe a dollar or two venue fee. If anyone would like me to pick up hard copy tickets for them for this show, PM me here. Friday's payday for me so I will have some spare cash to buy up as many tickets as they'll sell me but I'll need to get reimbursed pretty quickly--we can do Paypal. I can mail you the tickets or hold them until day of show.

Norfolk is my hometown so I can steer you to cheap lodgings, etc. It would be fun to see a bunch of you here!

FWIW, I went ahead and bought 4 tickets in the presale just in case there will be a problem on Friday, but I'm honestly not expecting one since it's a midweek show in a one horse town.

Thanks to those who posted the revised link.  I would have been SOL otherwise and I live minutes away from the College Street Music Hall.  So, I got 4 for us and a friend and his girlfriend and my wife got 2 for our daughters.  Though I've taken my wife to a show and both daughters to one show (the younger Wilco fiend has been to 3 now), this will be our first family Wilco show!  

I miss Front Gate.

No kidding. I was joking with someone about this... saying "I never thought I'd say this, but...".

Things were bad enough before with Front Gate... this is even worse now. Hope they get things fixed soon!!

Does anyone from NY know how to get the kings theater presale code?

Yes. I was already on it, when the horror show started unfolding & unraveling here this morning...

1) Go to their official website & scroll to the bottom & click on their "click here to subscribe" option

http://www.kingstheatre.com/

2) That should take you here...

http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001lB8wlCTTQv3i0gHBZhe9XBEBNn6V-5wE5P2pxfE0xG3Vp0l24C31exOXQrbs2amWN9MN_U1Iog5sqTptMBlqetwLdL3rWkRASYkPvvbhmdSqzzra9nWGfuwxuTQOd-sBOaShnO5TP9uyjCiu53GBc0PtaG8_yBEy

3) Sign-up & they said there should be an email with the password sent out later today.

4) If anything fails... I called this number today, 718-856-2220, & spoke to a very nice person who assured me they'd all be in at 9:00 tomorrow in the admin. offices & if we didn't get the email or something, that they'd have the password there to give to anyone too.

You're welcome & good luck!!!

According to a random "sponsored" Boston Orpheum Facebook ad, the Live Nation password for tomorrow's 10am presale is PIANO.

Has anyone else seen this? Or is this another example of how scattered this pertinent info is?

Someone operating Wilco's Facebook page gave me this info too.

Cool! I imagine I have to dig through a bunch of upset Wilco fans to find this info on a FB post. Maybe there's passwords buried there for the other shows?

DC password is CATNAPS. Wow! This is so unorganized to go through right now. Brooklyn: KINGSFAN

valid concern if you have to drive! I hate buying tickets for winter shows as I had to eat a few tickets due to weather in the past

I strongly considered coming over from the UK to take in the New York and Washington shows however it was the weather that finally swung me to hold off for later dates and/or Europe.

There is no way I can risk that cost when the potential for weather disruption in early February is so high.

So yes, it is certainly a valid concern.

Much thanks! I actually emailed them and they got back to me but Wilco just sent out an email with the codes too. Best of luck tomorrow! It's been a VERY long time since Wilco played NYC. Can't wait to hopefully see them!

Yes. I was already on it, when the horror show started unfolding & unraveling here this morning...
1) Go to their official website & scroll to the bottom & click on their "click here to subscribe" option
http://www.kingstheatre.com/

2) That should take you here...
http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001lB8wlCTTQv3i0gHBZhe9XBEBNn6V-5wE5P2pxfE0xG3Vp0l24C31exOXQrbs2amWN9MN_U1Iog5sqTptMBlqetwLdL3rWkRASYkPvvbhmdSqzzra9nWGfuwxuTQOd-sBOaShnO5TP9uyjCiu53GBc0PtaG8_yBEy

3) Sign-up & they said there should be an email with the password sent out later today.

4) If anything fails... I called this number today, 718-856-2220, & spoke to a very nice person who assured me they'd all be in at 9:00 tomorrow in the admin. offices & if we didn't get the email or something, that they'd have the password there to give to anyone too.

You're welcome & good luck!!!

http://wilcoworld.net/#!/additional-presales-tomorrow-oct-15-for-2016-wilco-shows/

ICYMI: We had a run of 2016 tour dates up for presale this AM.

Due to technical gremlins at Wilcoworld.net and some server errors (we'll spare you the tedious details) you may have experienced difficulty acquiring Wilcoworld presale tickets today. We’re sorry if these problems put a damper on your morning (they certainly did on ours).

That said, there are still plenty of great seats available for each show. In some cities, there is an additional local pre-sale available tomorrow, we've gathered the details, links and passwords for you below. And each show will have a general on sale Friday, October 16  (times vary). Note that a vast majority of tickets for all shows are held back for the general onsale.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

- Wilco HQ

Jan. 25 - Benedum Center - Pittsburgh, PA
Password: opus | Time: 9am ET (purchase by phone at 412-456-6666)

Jan. 29 - Orpheum Theatre - Boston, MA
Password: PIANO | Time: 10am ET

Jan. 31 - College Street Music Hall - New Haven, CT
Password: NEMO | Time: 12pm ET

Feb. 5 - Kings Theatre - Brooklyn, NY
Password: KINGSFAN | Time: 10am ET

Feb. 6 - Kings Theatre - Brooklyn, NY
Password: KINGSFAN | Time: 10am ET

Feb. 7 - DAR Constitution Hall - Washington, DC
Password: CATNAPS | Time: 10am ET

Feb 13 - Berglund Performing Arts Theatre - Roanoke, VA
Password: Random | Time: 10am ET

i was able to make http://wilcoworld.net/events/ work in IE

Got 2 for new haven

Many many thanks- i was all wound up and ready to click with no luck as much of us were. Not sure about the FUBAR, but went into today with eyes wide open knowing such a thing is par for the course- so no blaming in my mo.

After much handwringing and multiple refreshes and second guessing ( HERE, again....), it was YOU  and your link that brought the truth, and I'm grateful to have DC and both ATL tickets.

rushed off to work after daughters ortho appointment/ work deadlines/ traffic, but threw it all to the wind to grab some pre-sale. With understandable, and expected complications, your link made and saved my day.

Thank you.

I got two Row C (that's third!) center section for Burlington. I was, of course, thrilled.  

My wife's first comment was "Do you think that's too close?" #marriagecounselingplease.

Actually I do think that's too close so that's not that crazy of a thought, I prefer to be back more to where the sound comes together, maybe that's the old soundman in me.

Actually I do think that's too close so that's not that crazy of a thought, I prefer to be back more to where the sound comes together, maybe that's the old soundman in me.

I agree.  It's the old trade off between being up front for the visuals of really seeing the band playing and the interactions, but you definitely give up somewhat on the sound, particularly the vocals which don't come off the stage but only the PA hung in the air on either side.  That sonic sweet spot is always several rows back in the center.   Your wife has a good point!