Walk in to the Tabernacle but don't go straight ahead. Those stairs will take you downstairs. Go up the stairs to the left or right to the next level and you'll see the main entrance. I'm sure there will be some people there maybe between 4-5 pm. Only show I've seen there that had people waiting up earlier than that was Morrissey because, well, his fans are truly nuts.

I ended up getting a pair of GA for each show but decided to buy a single seat yesterday for each show. Front row, on the aisle in the lower balcony. So if I just end up going by myself I'll probably put those two GA up for grabs.

thanks! I have trouble with stairs, so my husband will probably hurry ahead to secure our spots- hoping it won't be too crazy to get the rail. I can't help but worry about it now even though it's 4 months away. 

If anyone has any "ins" I'd love to get my NOLA show poster signed when I'm at the ATL shows. I've yet to meet a single member of the band though I ran into Nels at Jazz Fest about four years ago.

My best advice is to show up to the venue that afternoon, find the stage door, and hang out there. Or near the tour buses. The afternoon is good, because they usually soundcheck anywhere between 2-4. I do this at basically every show I go to to say hey. They're nice people. 

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I told my wife a second Orpheum show was added, her response was "I guess if they're playing Friday and Saturday we're going to both?" Recipe for a great marriage!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would you go back to The Orpheum box office?

To me the real problem of lots Onsale availibility stems from an 8 ticket limit / Wilco should make that 2 in lower orch and cc entry with a max of four .

I think that would greatly reduce the Stubhub quantity.(currently 25% of The Orpheum show Tickets are on Stub hub)

So it looks like Europe is on for 2016 as the official site is now listing an appearance at the Vida Festival in Spain in July.

The good news for me is that their visit does not coincide with me being in the States in March/April.

The bad news potentially for all is that I fear more festival dates and less Wilco headline shows.

I know. That's why I'm hoping for better seats on night 2. If I get them I may skip night 1. Having kids, it's hard to do 3 nights in a row. Also, I'm kinda hoping they announce a second New Haven show - there's a decent scheduling gap between there & Brooklyn.

Right On, wise strategizing' & good luck Two Sheds!!!

Would you go back to The Orpheum box office?)

Undecided. The big plus was I didn't have to deal with getting locked out online. Downside is you have to take whatever seats they spit out, or go to back if line basically. I learned last week that being second in line didn't get me the best seats, as my buddy several people behind got way better seats. I will see what happens on Wednesday I guess.

Undecided. The big plus was I didn't have to deal with getting locked out online. Downside is you have to take whatever seats they spit out, or go to back if line basically. I learned last week that being second in line didn't get me the best seats, as my buddy several people behind got way better seats. I will see what happens on Wednesday I guess.

how big was the line?

Great for those reasonably close. I max out my 2hr rule.

Not driving longer than the band is onstage for.

Hitting Boston/ CT & ME

Got down there for last years show at The CAP as I was lucky to have work nearby that day.

They announced both dates at same time as they are guaranteed sellouts.

15 minutes from my house and the Cap is such a great and historic theater and so no surprise the babd put down 3 amazing shows last October (89 different tunes out of the 90 played). Now with Brooklyn it will be 4 local shows in 5 nights. Feels a little like Chicago and February so will even more feel like Chicago!

I haven't been to the Capitol Theater before so just to prepare myself can you tell me are few things? Is it all reserved seating or is there a standing pit area. Assuming there is no GA pit, or if it sells out before I can get tickets, would you think it's preferable to be far back on the floor or be in the balcony?

Thanks for any advice.

I haven't been to the Capitol Theater before so just to prepare myself can you tell me are few things? Is it all reserved seating or is there a standing pit area. 

"This event will have a general admission standing room only floor and a reserved seated Loge and Balcony. Reserved Loge and Balcony tickets will NOT have access to the general admission floor."

I drove down for the second night last year. Peter Shapiro did a great job with the venue- the sound and lights are superb. So I would encourage anyone thinking about it to make the trip. I like the venue so much I'm thinking of making the drive even after Portland and (hopefully) 2 nights at the Orpheum.

EDIT: as I think about this, since these are not Evening With shows, I probably won't make the trip after already seeing 3 shows. But my own analysis notwithstanding, the Cap Theater is a venue worth making the trip for.

there'll have to be a bigger australian tour, since tweddy's confirmed for the byron bay blues fest around easter time. why come all the way down here just for one show?. they'll probably hit other cities as well

heehee, i just got some inside info for more australian shows... should be announced soon apparently.:) 

They are doing 2 nights here in Atlanta at a former House of Blues venue.  Very small.  Wonder if I should even try for tickets.  

BTW, very cool that Bill Frisell is opening a few gigs.  Would love to seem him collaborate with the band!

They are doing 2 nights here in Atlanta at a former House of Blues venue.  Very small.  Wonder if I should even try for tickets.  

BTW, very cool that Bill Frisell is opening a few gigs.  Would love to seem him collaborate with the band!

There's still a ton of tickets left for both Atlanta shows. For fun I put the max amount of GA tickets in my cart for both nights. 

Very strange it hasn't sold out yet, though they were in Atlanta in May for Shaky Knees. 

If they skip Philadelphia (yet again), I'm not going to get to see them. DC isn't feasible for me because I have to teach early the next morning. I know they can't play everywhere on every tour, but their last non-festival show there was 2010. From the comments on their Facebook posts, I can tell I'm not the only one who's frustrated.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, I swear, but it's something that really gets me riled up.

Wilco shows are destination events. I honestly don't understand the entitlement that so many fans seem to feel when they don't get shows in their backyards. Maybe it's because I don't live in a large market, but I do not expect Wilco to come to me. I expect to have to go to them. The fact that they're playing in my city for the first time in 12 years is cause for joy, but I never expected it or felt entitled to it.

There's still a ton of tickets left for both Atlanta shows. For fun I put the max amount of GA tickets in my cart for both nights. 

Very strange it hasn't sold out yet, though they were in Atlanta in May for Shaky Knees. 

Good to know.  Now, should I go night 1 or night 2?   :wave