• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping the Atlanta shows will have more energy than the one at the Cobb Center (or whatever the name of that place is) in 2011. All-seated show in a suburban, squeaky clean, new venue = meh.

I agree. I enjoyed Nick Lowe's set that night but the Wilco set couldn't overcome the low energy like you describe. The Tabernacle will be much better. They haven't played the Tab since 2002 (excluding Jeff's solo show in 2007).

I agree. I enjoyed Nick Lowe's set that night but the Wilco set couldn't overcome the low energy like you describe. The Tabernacle will be much better. They haven't played the Tab since 2002 (excluding Jeff's solo show in 2007).

That's the only Wilco show I really haven't enjoyed. I remember looking around at the crowd during "One Sunday Morning" and seeing people talking and sitting. It was far from memorable.

That's the only Wilco show I really haven't enjoyed. I remember looking around at the crowd during "One Sunday Morning" and seeing people talking and sitting. It was far from memorable.

I went to both nights of that Atlanta run. The second was definitely better. Jeff made a comment about how lame the crowd was the first night.

I went to both nights of that Atlanta run. The second was definitely better. Jeff made a comment about how lame the crowd was the first night.

I can't think of a time where I've seen Jeff/Wilco 2 nights in a row where he hasn't remarked that the current crowd was better than the previous night's crowd. 

edit: maybe solid sound. 

I'm thinking the general admission floor will make the Tabernacle shows higher energy.  Also, while the Tabernacle is only slightly smaller than Cobb Energy Center, it's quite a bit smaller than the places they normally play in Atlanta (Chastain Park, Fox).

I was curious on the Boston show -- so far, Stubhub is showing 533 seats available.  Orpheum capacity is 2700, so roughly 20% of the tickets are being resold on Stubhub alone.  Crazy.  

With that kind of scalper presence I am pretty happy to have gotten anything at all for the show (middle/rear of orchestra), but this is ridiculous.

I had no problemt (for once) pulling 2 for Brooklyn Friday.  My buddy was trying for saturday and i think we're only going to be able to hit one so i might have extras.

Just sent you a PM concerning potential extras for Saturday...

Prices dropping already. Not to get all conspiracy theory here, but I do think that a good chunk of tickets are never even put on sale, they just go right to the secondary market. If a $75 ticket sells for $85 in the end that's 10 extra dollars. Some folks will pay hundreds, they hedge their bets.

Actually I do think that's too close so that's not that crazy of a thought, I prefer to be back more to where the sound comes together, maybe that's the old soundman in me.

I don't disagree with the sound concerns.  I've only been "up close" a couple times, however, and I really enjoy watching the stage interactions, instruments etc...  Just a different experience.

I'm very much looking forward to the tabernacle shows. Ended up grabbing another pair of tickets for my sister and a friend today, so it should be great. My sister hasn't seen wilco since 2011.

Getting tickets on livenation this morning was no problem for GA in Atlanta- a nice change from the chaos last year when Ryman tickets went on sale.

Can y'all give me a good description of how to get to stage from the entrance of the Tabernacle? It's been a leg time since I've been there and can't remember anything but scary stairs. Already planning rail riding. How early do folks line up at the tabernacle?

I'm very much looking forward to the tabernacle shows. Ended up grabbing another pair of tickets for my sister and a friend today, so it should be great. My sister hasn't seen wilco since 2011.

Getting tickets on livenation this morning was no problem for GA in Atlanta- a nice change from the chaos last year when Ryman tickets went on sale.

Can y'all give me a good description of how to get to stage from the entrance of the Tabernacle? It's been a leg time since I've been there and can't remember anything but scary stairs. Already planning rail riding. How early do folks line up at the tabernacle?

Walk in to the Tabernacle but don't go straight ahead. Those stairs will take you downstairs. Go up the stairs to the left or right to the next level and you'll see the main entrance. I'm sure there will be some people there maybe between 4-5 pm. Only show I've seen there that had people waiting up earlier than that was Morrissey because, well, his fans are truly nuts.

I ended up getting a pair of GA for each show but decided to buy a single seat yesterday for each show. Front row, on the aisle in the lower balcony. So if I just end up going by myself I'll probably put those two GA up for grabs.

If anyone has any "ins" I'd love to get my NOLA show poster signed when I'm at the ATL shows. I've yet to meet a single member of the band though I ran into Nels at Jazz Fest about four years ago.

After throwing back two pairs of "obstructed view" followed by about 20 "no seats available", I finally got 2 for Orchestra row K for Boston. I'm considering myself lucky.

So I've got New Haven and Boston. Now to decide on night 2 at the Orpheum.

Just a thought... anywhere they're playing two nights in a row, you have the greatest chance of variety in the set lists on this tour...

Just a thought... anywhere they're playing two nights in a row, you have the greatest chance of variety in the set lists on this tour...

I know. That's why I'm hoping for better seats on night 2. If I get them I may skip night 1. Having kids, it's hard to do 3 nights in a row. Also, I'm kinda hoping they announce a second New Haven show - there's a decent scheduling gap between there & Brooklyn.