I don't recall it being such a challenge to pull presale tickets for the "Evening with" show at the Orpheum a few years back... Maybe there was a smaller allotment of tickets this time around. 

Nor was it so hard to pull presale tix for the Wang show, their last in Boston.  I got a pair first row behind the pit. 

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them at Agannis in 2005 and it did suck as a venue. 

My least enjoyable Wilco show ever. 

I was there, too, and it was not a top Wilco show for me either. Jeff chastised the crowd at one point for getting up from their seats (to go to the bathroom or whatever) while the band was playing and singing their pretty poems. I felt like the audience-band connection was lost in the larger arena. Maybe their pretty poems (I remember Muzzle of Bees was one that night) do not translate to 7,000 seat arenas.

It was also the only time I have seen MMJ, who opened that show.

Remember that post by Diane/Wilco Me/Magnetized that was a rant from some guy, a music industry insider who said Wilco would never make any new fans? Or something to the effect that if you weren't already a Wilco fan, it wasn't going to happen? I think that guy was dead wrong. Great for the band! Sucky for anyone trying to get tickets.

The jig is up.

Remember that post by Diane/Wilco Me/Magnetized that was a rant from some guy, a music industry insider who said Wilco would never make any new fans? Or something to the effect that if you weren't already a Wilco fan, it wasn't going to happen? I think that guy was dead wrong. Great for the band! Sucky for anyone trying to get tickets.

The gig is up.

That was Bob Lefsetz. And I'm sorry, Carrie. It sounds like you're not having luck so far. Come to Norfolk! I'll pick you up tickets tomorrow morning at the box office. I'll even put you up in my messy apartment.

That was Bob Lefsetz. And I'm sorry, Carrie. It sounds like you're not having luck so far. Come to Norfolk! I'll pick you up tickets tomorrow morning at the box office. I'll even put you up in my messy apartment.

Yes, sadly, no luck for DC. Will try again tomorrow. Today I was thinking about how you wrote that you were going to buy a whole bunch of Norfolk tickets for whoever may want them, and thinking how freaking awesome that is. Seriously, who does that?! That is just so nice. I was going to try to make a surgical strike of the DC show-- since it's on a Sunday night and I could make it happen without really missing work. Would love to make it a two-fer if I can swing it. I'll be in touch, and thank you!

I don't recall it being such a challenge to pull presale tickets for the "Evening with" show at the Orpheum a few years back... Maybe there was a smaller allotment of tickets this time around.

Never had a problem with a presale for Wilco. I think that the problem was clearly on their end thus the apology email from the band. Will try again today....

I had enough of this Live Nation/Ticketbastard on line bullshit. I'm second in line at the Orpheum box office.

Good luck! Do report back, I'm curious how that'll work out. For the third day in a row, I'll be trying at 10AM. 

I think I just got tix on the floor for both nights in Atlanta. I think my fandom has officially gotten out of hand, as I now have to purchase airfare, arrange to stay with a friend in the ATL, and shuffle my work schedule.

DC tickets still coming up available, but you have to keep refreshing. 

I've been spoiled by buying singles for years and getting primo seats.  My wife's coming with me this time (first Wilco show for her) so we're sitting in the back at DAR.  But we're in the middle so sound should be great.

So excited - got my Portland, ME tickets no problem this morning - sort of a trip down memory lane as the first time I ever saw Wilco was at the State back in '02 - nice to see the full band coming back (last time in Maine was '09) although Jeff solo and Tweedy (the band) have been here since...  HAPPY