I got 8 tickets for The Norva show in line at the box office. There was a 4 ticket limit but I brought a friend. I will have to recalculate to make sure how many of these are spoken for but there could be one or two left over so if anybody wants then contact me here and if I can spare a ticket or two I'll gladly resell to you. So sorry everybody is having problems. I know you just feel like tearing your hair out.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So excited - got my Portland, ME tickets no problem this morning - sort of a trip down memory lane as the first time I ever saw Wilco was at the State back in '02 - nice to see the full band coming back (last time in Maine was '09) although Jeff solo and Tweedy (the band) have been here since...  HAPPY 

Was that the show at Maine State Pier? That's one of my fave Wilco shows ever.

Super BS for the Brooklyn shows. Sold out in minutes, seconds. Only like last rows available, but barely, just a few singles. Unbelievable. There's no way Ticketmaster is making these tickets available to everyone at the same time. Surely the scalpers and secondary sellers are getting first dibs. Makes you want to leave NYC!! Ticketmaster can kiss my a**!!!!

I guess I'm naive, but don't the scalpers and secondary market people have to get tickets at the same time as the rest of us? How do we end up with only single tickets or bad seats and they get bigger blocks of good seats?

i think i am gonna ask this question on Quora... seems like there must be something going on... i used to be skeptical and chalked it up all to human demand, but i am not sure after today. 

here's an article about a bot that gets hard to secure restaurant reservations... i'm sure there are similar ones for buying tickets.

https://diogomonica.com/bot-wars-the-arms-race-of-restaurant-reservations-in-sf/

one helpful thing would be to limit ticket sales to 4. who needs 8 seats together?

Back from the Orpheum box office.  That was an experience.  Got there about 8:45, I was second in line.  When the box opened, I asked for best 2 available, got right orch Row E seats 2 and 4.  On the aisle to the center, but still farther right than I wanted. I then asked for the next best 2 available for my friend, pulled obstructed view, let those go.  When it was time for my friend who was 6th in line he gets 5th row right center (Row KK, triple digit seats).  I am so fucking pissed at that point, I'm standing at the box office on my ipad trying to get better tickets, I then get back in line and end up getting a couple more pairs in center orch and a pair in center balcony but further back. I'm not going to whine after reading here how folks got shut out. But that's my report.

I found the Ticketmaster web site to be unhelpful.  The default screen was to select my own seats, but (surprise!) every time I selected a pair they were already gone.  Obviously it would have been better to do the "best available" route, but that was not immediately available, or at least I couldn't find it easily.

I had better luck using the Ticketmaster iOS app, which defaults to best available and seemed more responsive/fast in general.  Certainly it worked better during the presales (I pulled tickets in both presales but didn't buy them because they weren't good seats).

So in the future I plan to use the app.  It appears to have worked OK, and certainly better than the web site.

Did not get to venue but used combination of automated Ticketbastard phone and laptop.

For Boston Got a 2cd row center balcony pair and 2 decent singles 1 in lower orch.

Road tripping to CT and ME to GA

It will be a busy week, but it will start the New Year off Great!

Back from the Orpheum box office. That was an experience. Got there about 8:45, I was second in line. When the box opened, I asked for best 2 available, got right orch Row E seats 2 and 4. On the aisle to the center, but still farther right than I wanted. I then asked for the next best 2 available for my friend, pulled obstructed view, let those go. When it was time for my friend who was 6th in line he gets 5th row right center (Row KK, triple digit seats). I am so fucking pissed at that point, I'm standing at the box office on my ipad trying to get better tickets, I then get back in line and end up getting a couple more pairs in center orch and a pair in center balcony but further back. I'm not going to whine after reading here how folks got shut out. But that's my report.

Sorry you did not get lower Orch, at least it was your friend that got the double letters.

Congrats on getting good floor seats!

It's going to be a good night, hopefully we can pull off a big meetup at Beantown Pub.

Yeah, I selected Brooklyn  seats based on the interactive map and by the time I entered the captcha code the seat was gone. Finally resorted to the "best seat available" option and went through with that. Thought I secured tix for both nights  but it turns out that my orders didn't go through initially!! Don't know if it was a CC problem (I have a new card with old number/new expy date) , or with the TM page itself. As I've said before I'm finding these new "smart device friendly" webpages to not be all that user friendly! Unfortunately when I went back through the process again the Friday ticket was the one that went through (I would have preferred Sat if I had to pick just one). Is there something about multiple windows in the same browser now? Seems like it wouldn't let me try for two diff nights, at the same time - kept bumping me to one show date page only?

Back from the Orpheum box office.  That was an experience.  Got there about 8:45, I was second in line.  When the box opened, I asked for best 2 available, got right orch Row E seats 2 and 4.  On the aisle to the center, but still farther right than I wanted. I then asked for the next best 2 available for my friend, pulled obstructed view, let those go.  When it was time for my friend who was 6th in line he gets 5th row right center (Row KK, triple digit seats).  I am so fucking pissed at that point, I'm standing at the box office on my ipad trying to get better tickets, I then get back in line and end up getting a couple more pairs in center orch and a pair in center balcony but further back. I'm not going to whine after reading here how folks got shut out. But that's my report.

congrats on getting good seats...frustrating to see someone after you get KK seats though. i can't imagine anyone would have tossed those seats back into the general pool, so it's not clear why they wouldn't have been available when you were buying. 

since you tossed seats back, how does it work at the box office? the person in the office is accessing the same software and then tells you where the seats are? or do they have an allotment of paper tickets? 

i instantly got shut out online a la Knotgreen, but kept trying.... the TM site didn't allow for the 'choose seats' option like others have mentioned. it defaulted to have TM choose the best available seats. 

i am hoping to get approved via press to cover the show and figure that it's a high probability, but getting two press tickets is gonna be tough which is why i wanted two seats for my son and wife... we'll see how it goes.

Hoping the Atlanta shows will have more energy than the one at the Cobb Center (or whatever the name of that place is) in 2011. All-seated show in a suburban, squeaky clean, new venue = meh.