Getting tickets for the show at The Factory in Marrickville where Wilco played on the tour before last as an extra intimate/theatre show. Possibly the best show I've ever seen in my life and right up close, too.

It's going to be great to see Tweedy in the same venue.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see old school viachicago posters like Froggie & Fritz getting rewarded with shows!!!

well, they've been here in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, so we're due for another small stint. the solo jeff part i'm looking forward to :) plus, our usual crowd from VC seem to have front or 2nd row seats - that'll give the Tweedster some flashbacks from the last few tours cause he remembers our faces somehow :lol

well, they've been here in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, so we're due for another small stint. the solo jeff part i'm looking forward to :) plus, our usual crowd from VC seem to have front or 2nd row seats - that'll give the Tweedster some flashbacks from the last few tours cause he remembers our faces somehow :lol

Didn't your request for When You Wake Up Feeling Old (I think that was it) get rejected by Jeff last time because they didn't feel like playing it? Maybe this time!

Didn't your request for When You Wake Up Feeling Old (I think that was it) get rejected by Jeff last time because they didn't feel like playing it? Maybe this time!

it was rejected last time. but they did play it when i requested it in 2008. i put down for Airline this time. can you do multiple requests?. the site wont let me do another for Acuff-Rose!

it was rejected last time. but they did play it when i requested it in 2008. i put down for Airline this time. can you do multiple requests?. the site wont let me do another for Acuff-Rose!

Pretty sure I requested multiple songs in Melbourne last time, though I might have done different songs on different nights. One for Melbourne one for Meeniyan? (assume you're doing both). I requested Airline last tour in Wellington, when i saw Jeff at Wellington airport I told him I'd requested it but didn't get played. He then did put it on the setlist for Auckland that night, but in the 2nd encore which they decided not to do! 

So yeah, think I'll join your request for Airline :)

Exactly what I was thinking. Australia has never seen Jeff perform solo. I'm hoping that the Tweedy setlists will follow a similar format so we can finally see this happen!

I'm requesting Dreamer for Meeniyan and Cars for Melbourne. 

I'm so excited about this tour!! I saw Jeff solo at the first solid sound and loved it. Must admit I haven't listened to Sukirae much,  I'm not allowed to play "mummys music" in the car much, I'm usually stuck on the Frozen soundtrack. But I will pick the fight and win! Ha who am I kidding I will listen to it at work :)

We're now considering a roadtrip to Meeniyan and have sent an email but I'm assuming they won't get back to me until Monday.

I know tickets only went on sale yesterday but what are the chances it has sold out? I'm wondering if I should book accommodation over the weekend and cross fingers they'll have a couple of tix for me when I hear back from them.

I think there's a good chance there will still be seats. Maybe try ringing the other places selling tickets? If you look at their website it lists other places you can buy them. I'm not sure if you can do it over the phone but it's worth a try.

http://lyrebirdartscouncil.com.au/?p=1208

I emailed them last Wednesday. They said they would send out payment details at 9am Friday when tickets went on sale. I got the email 9.50 on Friday, transfered money into their account (they only assigned tickets when the money is clear, I used a Bendigo account so it went straight away- you can pay over the counter at Bendigo bank too). Then they emailed back on Saturday with my confirmation number. So it's a long process!

I think there's only a hotel above a pub there?? Not sure. But it's not a big place.

Thanks for all the info. I might try calling a couple of those places tomorrow but otherwise I'll hold out until Monday. Looks like there are a few towns around the area with decent accommodation all within driving distance. We'll either drive the 10 hours from Sydney (!) or fly to Melbourne and hire a car. I'm trying to not get hopes high but it'd be great fun to see them in a country town hall.

Edit: I arrived home tonight, posted the above, then checked emails. Should've done it the other way around. There was an email from the good folks in Meeniyan...two tickets for me and I've transferred the money tonight. Woo!

Edit: I arrived home tonight, posted the above, then checked emails. Should've done it the other way around. There was an email from the good folks in Meeniyan...two tickets for me and I've transferred the money tonight. Woo!

you coming to the melbourne one as well?. if so, dont snob us off like at the Duke last time in sydney! :lol

you coming to the melbourne one as well?. if so, dont snob us off like at the Duke last time in sydney! :lol

Nah, no Melbourne. Sunday night show works better.

What happened at the Duke? My memory is poor.

Nah, no Melbourne. Sunday night show works better.

What happened at the Duke? My memory is poor.

our group was in one corner and you said you were there as well. when they were playing whole of Summerteeth. we kept an eye on the Thai place across the road where John and Pat went to eat before the show :thumbup

Ah!

(I shake my head at how poor my memory really is!)

Are you not making the trip to Meeniyan, Mende? Only two hours from Melbourne!

no, i know its just past Leongatha, but with my hand injuries i cant drive that far, plus there'll need to be accommodation. oh well, i made the trip to sydney in 2007 to see them again, so that should be enough! 

no, i know its just past Leongatha, but with my hand injuries i cant drive that far, plus there'll need to be accommodation. oh well, i made the trip to sydney in 2007 to see them again, so that should be enough! 

Very true, cannot doubt your dedication for a second.

I'm requesting Dreamer for Meeniyan and Cars for Melbourne. 

I've requested "Dreamer in My Dreams" at each and every one of my 13 shows. Still never heard it. 

But i've gotten "Cars Can't Escape" twice. 

I've requested "Dreamer in My Dreams" at each and every one of my 13 shows. Still never heard it. 

But i've gotten "Cars Can't Escape" twice. 

we had Dreamer on the setlist a few years ago as the final song, but they played late greats and wheel instead... oh well!

we had Dreamer on the setlist a few years ago as the final song, but they played late greats and wheel instead... oh well!

I got really over Late Greats. I don't mean to seen ungrateful. They just played it at nearly every show I went to for a while, and knowing it bumped Dreamer is salt in my wound. Though I do love Wheel :)

He's in luck. The Iveagh Gardens on 10th July. As good an outdoor venue as you'll get in Ireland.

Agreed, I saw The National there last summer and it is a lovely setting to see a band, especially with good weather.

I will be attending.

Agreed, I saw The National there last summer and it is a lovely setting to see a band, especially with good weather.

I will be attending.

Yeah, The National also played at Live at the Marquee in Cork last year. It would be great to see Wilco there too. The Marquee is as good a tent venue as you'll get in Ireland.