• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a confession, Dan? :lol

Oh I am 100% guilty.  haha - it helped me get The Long Cut, Black Eye and Dash 7 at the one Jeff solo show I was lucky enough to attend during the Largo run, I tend to think it was a pretty good system.

This is the strangest incarnation of a Wilco tour I've seen. Static sets, minimal talking, etc. The band are sounding tight but there's still a way to showcase the hits and new material without this incredibly regimented set. Seeing them consecutive nights when they come to the UK in November - hoping for a few changes. 

Not sure if any of you saw this but yesterday the Wilco facebook page posted this:
j0CKzcQ.png
The link leads to a signup the mailing list. So the whole thing kind of sounds like some news is about to be announced. Probably Solid Sound 2017 but we could hold out hope for the new album. Last year they timed Star Wars to be announced/released right before for the Pitchfork Fest, this year their big summer festival appears to be Fuji Rock in Japan on the 23rd. If they released the new album then they have some time to do press before the tour kicks off in August. Which will make sense since they've already played places in Seattle for Star Wars. 

OR... I don't know what I'm talking about. That's always possible. 

This is the strangest incarnation of a Wilco tour I've seen. Static sets, minimal talking, etc. The band are sounding tight but there's still a way to showcase the hits and new material without this incredibly regimented set. Seeing them consecutive nights when they come to the UK in November - hoping for a few changes. 

Can't say that I imagined a Wilco tour in 2016 that features static set lists.

Matt, I don't know how I missed this earlier, but yes, I'm in! I don't know if Brennan has any time these days for concert outings...he's getting his computer repair business up and running and expanding, so that's eating up all his time right now. But I think I'll talk him into one of the 3 nights. He won't be too hard to persuade, especially if I dangle Cole's and the Varnish. I want to see the Varnish myself, and it would be terrific to see you again! Let's talk when the date gets closer.

Schweet!  i'll look forward to seeing you and hopefully Brennan and you can meet my wife this time.  I haven't been back to the Varnish since that night either, so I'm looking forward to that, too.

If sales go well they should tag on a second night in London. Then on the first they can do a run through of Star Wars, and on the second do the same for the new album they would just have brought out by then :badger :banana

A self valedictory bump and a repeated request for another night in London

• 1 month later...

Ryman shows always raise my blood pressure trying to get tickets. Tabernacle in ATL was way easier for some reason. I hate having to contend with Ryman scalpers.

The last 2 shows at the Ryman weren't hard for me via the presale. Even though they put the tickets on sale 1 hour early...The Ryman is simply the best.

The last 2 shows at the Ryman weren't hard for me via the presale. Even though they put the tickets on sale 1 hour early...The Ryman is simply the best.

Last time it wasn't too bad for me, but in 2011 I was shut out of night 2. Waited all day the day of show to get extra release production tickets for the 2nd night. Got em and it was great show, but so stressful.

The Montevideo Uruguay show has disappeared from the wilcoworld page, and word from the local venue company is that the show is canceled.

This is incredibly bad news.

Damn, that sucks! Probably didn't sell enough tickets. They were kinda insanely pricey for a band that's never played there before, I think. Too bad, though. :ohwell