Politics 2016 (election edition)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iran and the US are exchanging prisoners. 5 americans freed from Iranian jails and 7 Iranians freed. //snark on Another failure of the Obama administration. We should have bombed them into submission a long time ago. its the only diplomacy that works. //snark off.

No, their release should have been a contingency of the recent nuclear deal.

One of the released prisoners is a close friend of one of my best friends.

No, their release should have been a contingency of the recent nuclear deal.

One of the released prisoners is a close friend of one of my best friends.

Who is to say it wasn't. Or at least a result of having an open line of communication with Iran? If the Iran deal was not made tour best friend's friend would still be a prisoner, and more than likely the 10 sailors.

It is really unfortunate that you and the right refuse to give credit where credit is due.

Dem debate wasn't real fun either, but grossed me out a bit less.

Is it just me, but as Bernie as closed in on Hillary the debates have gotten less substantive. Nothing like the circus of the GOP bitch fest, however.

After watching the gop debate the dems looked like phds at a cocktail party "I agree with everything you said, however I would add..."

I kept thinking, something has to give when in the same week a bunch of elephants brag about how high their NRA scorecard is and a bunch of donkeys brag about how low their's is. Symbolic gridlock.

How about that Sarah Palin endorsement of Trump.  Watching the full speech is well worth your time. Check it out (just not here.)

LouieB

I can't remember where I saw the headline but I thought it funny.

"Former politician turned reality star endorses former reality star turned politician."  

Of course she endorses Trump, they are truly cut from the same cloth.  But way to totally turn your back on the person that brought in the public eye [McCain].  

What this will do is bring Cruz supporters over to Trump.  

But remember you GOPers out there, your leading candidate is a racist, misogynistic, blowhard who wants to bang his daughter.  

How about that Sarah Palin blaming Obama for her son's arrest? I shit you not.

In a way I understand her point.  PTSD is a terrible, horrible thing and is severe mental illness.  Track's PTSD may be the cause of his legal troubles.  But his PTSD is not the result of him not trusting the president.  His PTSD is the result of him fighting in a war that was started by GWB, a war that was not thought out and had no clear strategy, nor was this war paid for.  Furthermore it appears if any of these GOP clowns are elected they will have no qualms about continuing this and starting other wars, creating more cases of PTSD. 

How many sharks can Palin jump before she gets cancelled?

I think, purely cynically, that Palins motivation for endorsing Trump has nothing to do with hoping he becomes president.  Nope, I think it has much more to do with positioning herself for lucrative media opportunities that might come her way from Trump. 

How many sharks can Palin jump before she gets cancelled?

I think, purely cynically, that Palins motivation for endorsing Trump has nothing to do with hoping he becomes president. Nope, I think it has much more to do with positioning herself for lucrative media opportunities that might come her way from Trump.

As far as I know she is no longer on TV, even Fox news dropped her. I think you are right in your assessment of her endorsement. But she does speak to a large segment of the right wing, so her endorsement cannot go unnoticed.

As far as I know she is no longer on TV, even Fox news dropped her. I think you are right in your assessment of her endorsement. But she does speak to a large segment of the right wing, so her endorsement cannot go unnoticed.

I wasnt referring to TV, i'm well aware that she is not on TV right now.  I was wondering how much stupid shit can she say before the public wises up and ignores her so she will go away. Sadly she wont go away. Even more sad...people take her seriously.  I have friends  who consider her a serious politician that needs to be running the country.

I wasnt referring to TV, i'm well aware that she is not on TV right now.  I was wondering how much stupid shit can she say before the public wises up and ignores her so she will go away. Sadly she wont go away. Even more sad...people take her seriously.  I have friends  who consider her a serious politician that needs to be running the country.

The same thing could be said about Donald Trump.  

Again, conservatives, look at your party.  This is who you associate with.  This is what the TEA party has brought us.  Other than Donald Trump (who failings do not need to be explained), we have Ted Cruz, who would flatly refuse to deal with a party that over 50% of the country voted for.  The GOP is a party of embittered childish, bigots.      

I have friends  who consider her a serious politician that needs to be running the country.

I don't believe that I could remain friends with someone once I found out that they consider Sarah Palin a serious politician that needs to be running the country. I can't imagine having enough in common with a person as described above to even want to become or be their friend prior to knowing about their Palin love. I wouldn't even consider someone like that an acquaintance, other than in the most literal sense, as in, "Yes. I know that idiot, so technically, I am acquainted with them". In all seriousness, are you really friends with them? And if so, how (and why) do you do it? 

I'm so glad I can have friendships that are not based, controlled or held back by our differences in political beliefs. If someone let my political views stand in the way of sharing their laughs, road trips, concerts, sadness, hard times, good times and everything else that IS being a friend, they're probably not the kind of person I'd like to know or consider calling a friend.

I have no problem with differing political beliefs. Wanting Sarah Palin in a position of power isn't a political belief.

I'm so glad I can have friendships that are not based, controlled or held back by our differences in political beliefs. If someone let my political views stand in the way of sharing their laughs, road trips, concerts, sadness, hard times, good times and everything else that IS being a friend, they're probably not the kind of person I'd like to know or consider calling a friend.

There's differences in political beliefs, then there's differences in opinion on whether Sarah Palin has anything worthwhile to contribute to political discourse. 

My best friend, someone I've known since we were 14, is conservative. I guess I'm mostly liberal. We both agree that Sarah Palin is an idiot.