Politics 2016 (election edition)

Kevin, you are nuts if you think a video made by Hollywood progressives is going to make undecideds go "Gee, I think I will vote for Hillary". People voting for Trump look at it as a big middle finger to progressives, elites, wall street, career politicians ,who have steered the country in the wrong (as they/I perceive) direction. The more these people shrill on about racist islamaphobes, the more likely it is they vote for Trump instead of Gary Johnson. Hillary is not a consideration.

Did you actually read my post? Or are you just jumping off on what you think I said. Please, re-read my post and read your ignorant statement and tell me if what you said makes any sense.

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you actually read my post? Or are you just jumping off on what you think I said. Please, re-read my post and read your ignorant statement and tell me if what you said makes any sense.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Kevin, I have nothing better to do at the moment and I am embarrassed to say that doing this will bring me a small amount of pleasure, so allow me.

Doctor B, Kevin G said, "Of course this will do nothing to sway any voter and will more than likely piss off the other side even more".

He said absolutely nothing that should have caused Doctor B to reply  "Kevin G you are nuts if you think a video made by Hollywood progressives is going to make undecideds go "Gee, I think I will vote for Hillary".

If I may paraphrase This Old House, "read twice, reply once".

Kevin, I kind of enjoy this column. I don't agree with you but I enjoy reading your thoughts. I am not ignorant. The video was clearly done to sway people. Maybe I should have said they are nuts instead of you. I don't think my response was offensive but take it as you may. Have a nice day.

Kevin, I kind of enjoy this column. I don't agree with you but I enjoy reading your thoughts. I am not ignorant. The video was clearly done to sway people. Maybe I should have said they are nuts instead of you. I don't think my response was offensive but take it as you may. Have a nice day.

Maybe you should have said they are nuts instead of me.  No you absolutely should have said that.  You may not be ignorant, but clearly the way you tried to present your argument was.  

I don't know who most of those people are.

Most of them are Avengers.  

I get that there's a sizable chunk of the population who hate the elites / career politicians / wall street bankers, etc.

But, can someone explain the logic to me that the one person who is literally the poster child of the type of effete and impudent snob that we all should be angry about - someone who has built his career on shitting on the little guy - that's the Moses to lead us to the promised land?

Where were all these people when Nader was running? Oh yeah, Nader's a decent ethical guy who stands up to corruption, including racism and sexism.

So I am wondering if there is any part of the constitution that Donald Trump hasn't put out a statement against?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/us/politics/donald-trump-don-king-black-voters.html?_r=0

My seven year old daughter has a better grasp of the constitution then he does.  

But a bunch of celebrities making a video, that is what make people vote Trump.

Honestly, take out the noise, look at Trumps positions, and statements,  how can you consider a man like this for president?  

Clinton will win. Lefties, think of all the nervous energy and sweat worrying about McCain/Palin in 08 and, to a lesser extent Mitt/Ryan in 12. Clinton is a terrible candidate compared to Obama, but the country is not so bipolar that people who went for him wouldn't go for her, especially with the moral question of potentially helping her opponent get into the White House.

That's my take too Stewie.

Side note, I was pretty sure that Lil' Georgie killed the GOP. Turns out, its Trump. I don't mind being off base on this because Trump truly is pounding a stake thru the heart of the GOP. Fascinating and satisfying to watch.

Clinton will win. Lefties, think of all the nervous energy and sweat worrying about McCain/Palin in 08 and, to a lesser extent Mitt/Ryan in 12. Clinton is a terrible candidate compared to Obama, but the country is not so bipolar that people who went for him wouldn't go for her, especially with the moral question of potentially helping her opponent get into the White House.

I remember there was a similar sentiment back in early summer of 2015.  It was all  like, oh Trump won't be the nominee.  That is what pretty much everyone said.  Now a year plus into this thing, we have Trump polling at like 41%.  I think, democrats, no all Americans should worry about the possibility of a Trump presidency.  

I'm not saying we need to be complacent but if you consider that Trump barely has any campaign ground operations (even in battle ground states) and has no chance in winning over Blacks, Hispanics, most women, educated people and even some staunch conservatives. And now with the debates coming up, I feel confident that America is going to come out just fine with Hillary on top.

You know I don't like Ted Cruz, I think his policies are for the most part backwards and abhorrent.  He is an unlikable attention seeking shumck.  But I respected him.  He understood that man, who attacked his wife and his father (with no proof or cause), and who during the primary turned the GOP to a sideshow circus act.  He had balls to go in front of the GOP convention and speak his mind and stand by his convictions.  Now after his statement today, I can no longer do that.  

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/politics/ted-cruz-endorses-donald-trump/index.html

He is just another in line of spineless Republicans who are putting party before country.  I am sure Reince Priebus got to him and told him if he does not get in line he will get no help in 2018.   

I'm still trying to figure out how this is someone's actual name.

I teach high school and have this same thought most everyday. I could tell you about some truly bizarre names.

We had Mr. Priebus here in Wisconsin.  He helped Scott Walker steal win 3 elections as governor.  A wily , political operative, with a stupid name.

BTW I did find this

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ted-nugent-donald-trump-ad/

It is pretty amazing how different the comments on YouTube are different then the Joss Whedon video.  

We had Mr. Priebus here in Wisconsin. He helped Scott Walker steal win 3 elections as governor. A wily , political operative, with a stupid name.

BTW I did find this

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ted-nugent-donald-trump-ad/

It is pretty amazing how different the comments on YouTube are different then the Joss Whedon video.

That link quickly switches into some kind of Walmart gift card site, so I'm staying away.

But before the bait and switch, I saw that it was some kind of Nuge endorsement. FUCK YEAH THE NUGE! Cat Scratch Fever, zow zow ziaoww...

That link quickly switches into some kind of Walmart gift card site, so I'm staying away.

But before the bait and switch, I saw that it was some kind of Nuge endorsement. FUCK YEAH THE NUGE! Cat Scratch Fever, zow zow ziaoww...

Sorry about that.  Here is the the link on Youtube,  I made so it starts at the Nuge part.

https://youtu.be/k0J_EKmvYZk?t=3m11s

Anyway, I know the Nuge, loves the constitution, as he said in the video, so certainly he would not support a candidate who has consistently and repeatedly made statements that are in direct opposition to our constitution.   

I guess taking away our 1st amendment, 5th amendment, 8th amendment and 14th amendment, just as long as you don't touch the 2nd.  If you do that you are obviously a godless communist that wants to destroy our way of life.  What the fuck does that even mean?  How is Clinton going to destroy our way of life?  What are Clinton's plans for the constitution?  

Stop pretending conservatives you care about the constitution.  You don't.  All you care about is your fucking guns.

It always makes me think of Ranier Wolfcastle.

Wang Dang Sweet Poontang!