Politics 2016 (election edition)

Someone really does need to investigate Benghazi! And uncover what really happened there. \\

All secretary of states and presidents  have done that awful shit.  that's no excuse though.  

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a little something to read and think about.  I haven't heard anyone here thinking of voting third party, but I have read "I'm voting against Hillary"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ralph-nader-voters_us_57f55aa4e4b0b7aafe0ba7f1?section=&

Nader is very unjustly villainized for "stealing" Gore's supposed victory against Bush.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/dont_fall_for_it_the_nader_myth_and_your_2016_vote_20160802

I wish that myth would die already.

Nader is very unjustly villainized for "stealing" Gore's supposed victory against Bush.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/dont_fall_for_it_the_nader_myth_and_your_2016_vote_20160802

I wish that myth would die already.

No it was the Supreme Court who did that.  :usa  

Which brings up an interesting point.  This appears (at this point anyways) that it will be a very close election.  And it a similar thing to 2000 happens and for some reason this goes to the Supreme Court, which due to the wisdom of GOP controlled Senate, is a 4-4 split down ideological lines, we would be truly hosed.  The only logical conclusion would be that Obama would have to remain as President / Emperor so he could institute Sharia Law.  See this was all set in motion when Obama killed Scalia (more than likely with his own hands).  The writing is on the wall.  Sincerely Alex Jones.  

Exit polling stats taken from Nader voters in Florida are not opinion pieces. 

those that are saying they are sorry for voting for Nader are not villainizing Nader.  They think if they voted differently, things would have turned out differently 

Samantha Bee's show last night was incredible, especially the interviews w Trump voters.

she's ruthless with a take no prisoners approach, I love it!

those that are saying they are sorry for voting for Nader are not stats

I'm not disagreeing with you. 

One is an opinion piece - the article you linked to, with zero factual basis for why voting for Nader was something to regret (in fact, one of the regretters that was quoted in your article voted in California, which Gore won, so, that doesn't even make sense). 

I'm just disgusted with the Hillary Campaign (whom I'm voting for!) for dredging up a disproved myth about Nader stealing the 2000 election from Gore - which is definitely the subtext of that article you linked to. 

Isnt it a recognized notion that if Nader didn't run, Gore would've won?

Man, imagine what a different world we'd live in today if that spoiled brat wasn't selected by the Supreme Court 

I'm convinced Nader would have been a non-issue if Gore hadn't chosen such a pathetic running mate in Joe Lieberman.

If I recall, Gore/Lieberman won the popular vote by a landslide and the electoral college vote was very close. Also, something about voting poll count impropriety in Florida...

I'm not disagreeing with you. 

One is an opinion piece - the article you linked to, with zero factual basis for why voting for Nader was something to regret (in fact, one of the regretters that was quoted in your article voted in California, which Gore won, so, that doesn't even make sense). 

I'm just disgusted with the Hillary Campaign (whom I'm voting for!) for dredging up a disproved myth about Nader stealing the 2000 election from Gore - which is definitely the subtext of that article you linked to. 

I haven't heard her bring anything up, BUT, her supporters should.  Third party canidates have no place in presidential politics (really all politics - see Samantha Bee last night, poor Maine)  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC18vz5hUUqxbGvym9ghtX_w until we fix the money first political system we have.

If I recall, Gore/Lieberman won the popular vote by a landslide and the electoral college vote was very close. Also, something about voting poll count impropriety in Florida...

yup...we will relieve the opposite in a month.  Drumpf will win the popular vote and Clinton will win the electorate.  

No landslide

Bush/Cheney 50,456,002

Gore/Lieberman 50,998,897

Nader/whoever it was he was running with 2,882,955

The popular vote is almost, though not quite irrelevant. You win the majority of votes in key states, you win. If you win by a landslide in New York and California, but lose a close vote in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Illinois...well..it's obvious.

2000 wasn't the first time it happened and may not be the last.

Nader/whoever it was he was running with 2,882,955

I love that you looked up the vote totals but not all the candidates names. I too have no idea who Nader's running mate was and am not going to spend another 20 seconds googling it. 

I love that you looked up the vote totals but not all the candidates names. I too have no idea who Nader's running mate was and am not going to spend another 20 seconds googling it.

Winona Laduke, no googling. Scout's honor. It was my first vote and maybe why it came as news to me when someone mentioned Lieberman as Gore's vp pick earlier in the thread.

How do you draw that conclusion?

I believe rule areas will vote heavy on Trump, but the major metropolitan areas where the electorate numbers come from will vote Clinton.  The outcome will be an electorate win for Clinton and a popular vote for Trump.

I think Trump already knows this too, hence his comments about the system being rigged.

I believe rule areas will vote heavy on Trump, but the major metropolitan areas where the electorate numbers come from will vote Clinton.  The outcome will be an electorate win for Clinton and a popular vote for Trump.

I think Trump already knows this too, hence his comments about the system being rigged.

If there were to happen (and honestly very doubtful, especially with his standings with women and minorities), he could argue that it was rigged.  He would be wrong, because it clearly spells out the electoral process in the constitution.  Of course Trump has never been one to let the constitution get in the way of his thinking or statements.  

I don't think that's mathematically plausible.  The rural population makes up less than 20% of the electorate.