Politics 2016 (election edition)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Cruz's new support of the Donald has some long or medium range strategy/ back room deal to it. I wonder if the Donald wins if the R's will have him in a shirt leash. The Donald can't abide by a short leash, so he will do something impeachable (that seems like a certainty to me). Once said offense occurs the R's introduce articles of impeachment and remove him from office thus elevating Pence to the White House. They then deal with Cruz and neuter him by making him VP and getting his hating hated embarrassing ass out of the senate so the senate can start to act like adults again.

It's far fetched, but not nearly as far fetched as some of the conspiracy theories floating around these days. Of course he has to win first.

I wonder if Cruz's new support of the Donald has some long or medium range strategy/ back room deal to it. I wonder if the Donald wins if the R's will have him in a shirt leash. The Donald can't abide by a short leash, so he will do something impeachable (that seems like a certainty to me). Once said offense occurs the R's introduce articles of impeachment and remove him from office thus elevating Pence to the White House. They then deal with Cruz and neuter him by making him VP and getting his hating hated embarrassing ass out of the senate so the senate can start to act like adults again.

It's far fetched, but not nearly as far fetched as some of the conspiracy theories floating around these days. Of course he has to win first.

I think it was definitely related to Preibus reminding all those pricks that they made a pledge to get behind the eventual candidate. I think that reminder included not-so-subtle threats that if they expected the GOP to work for them in the future, they better live up to their pledges today. 

I think it was definitely related to Preibus reminding all those pricks that they made a pledge to get behind the eventual candidate. I think that reminder included not-so-subtle threats that if they expected the GOP to work for them in the future, they better live up to their pledges today. 

Yeah, it wasn't subtle at all. I saw him say it, and justify his reasoning for it, on TV last weekend. He said something along the lines of "if you're part of a private organization, and you have benefited from the resources that organization provides, how could you then go against promises you made to that organization?"

What a bizarre rationalization. Luckily for the rest of us, nobody gives a steaming pile of dog shit what this clown thinks about politics. At least, I hope they don't.

No more bizarre than fear for his life being the reason he supported Hillary in the first place.

I'm kind of nervous about tonight's debate.  I know what should happen; but this race (and the primaries before it) has been so unpredictable, what should happen might not happen.

Hillary has been fighting Isis her entire adult life. Wow! She's some kind of precog bad ass!

Having both Politifact and NPR live fact checking open while watching is an added bonus. Highly recommended.

Holy shit that was intense. I think 40% of the country can not be turned from Trump at this point, but I think for the rest of us it was a royal drubbing. While a life on TV has prepared Donald for spicy quips it has not helped him to consolidate a series of supporting details into a cogent rhetorical thesis. Probably more importantly to the public: he lost his cool.

Interesting to me is the little moments I agree with him. For example, NAFTA, not the best choice for America's working people.

On the topic of race I was bracing for him to shout "I'm MISTER black people." Instead he bizarrely bragged that he owns a night club which doesn't discriminate... good job guy.

Will his health be a major campaign issue now?

If he'd have been more animated, I'd have thought he was coked up.

I said he was, too.  I've known quite a few cokeheads. They're the only people I've ever known who constantly sniff like that.

Hillary has been fighting Isis her entire adult life. Wow! She's some kind of precog bad ass!

How is that possible, considering Obama invented Isis?  Clinton has only been an adult for eight years?

How is that possible, considering Obama invented Isis?  Clinton has only been an adult for eight years?

Indeed,  unless she's the aforementioned Minority Report style pre-cog bad ass!

Also, Trump has to be out of his head. Nothing else explains this: http://www.npr.org/2016/09/27/495611105/in-post-debate-interview-trump-again-criticizes-pageant-winners-weight

Of the many puzzling Donald things last night, the one that stood out to me was his triumphant (to him, seemingly) response to Hillary's comment about his housing discrimination lawsuits he faced in the 70s.

"We settled those cases with no admission of guilt!" be beamed. 

Um, Donald, that's NOT a good outcome, no matter how you spin it. A good outcome would have been for you to have won those trials, or to have had those cases dismissed for lack of evidence. Settling those cases means you looked at the possible outcomes, and you decided that settling them out of court was the best possible outcome.