New Wilco Album in 2016

YES! Judging from Tweedy's statement earlier this month, I'm very excited for this one! 

Tweedy describes these songs as "a fucked-up country record."  He says it's about finished, but they're not in a big hurry to put it out.

YES! Judging from Tweedy's statement earlier this month, I'm very excited for this one! 

Though I'm just giddy with anticipation over the prospect of a new album this year, Jeff's description of its sound definitely adds to the excitement for this long-time Uncle Tupelo/Wilco fan.

Could be out by May since the are going to be playing with Richard Thompson and I do recall his fiddle during the americanarama tour.

Sounds like you're confusing Richard Bowden and Richard Thompson. Bowden plays fiddle in Ryan Bingham's band and sat in with Wilco on a few occasions on the AmericanaramA tour and afterward, while Thompson of course is the legendary guitar player who also played some shows on the AmericanaramA run.

Regardless, I'd be pretty surprised if any new record is out before late summer at the earliest.

jbray - I thought the same thing other than that they are linking the show so heavily to Star Wars. Even in the article you quote: The band...is performing in support of its 2015 album "Star Wars."

Sure, but it's still strange seeming as they started the front-to-back at Pitchfork in Chicago. I could see it if they were ending the tour there, but they are headed back to Europe after. It feels like that show, or after the London show are the windows. Plus, nobody but jambase has even caught on to the new album so it makes sense that the press still sees it as a "Star Wars" thing. I guess we'll see.

Sounds like you're confusing Richard Bowden and Richard Thompson. Bowden plays fiddle in Ryan Bingham's band and sat in with Wilco on a few occasions on the AmericanaramA tour and afterward, while Thompson of course is the legendary guitar player who also played some shows on the AmericanaramA run.

Regardless, I'd be pretty surprised if any new record is out before late summer at the earliest.

Touche. I've actually been hearing Richard Thompson pretty regular on siriusxm, I found him to be meh