Still waiting for my email.... I wonder if this is a Star Wars outtake or peak at the next album?

EDIT: iOS fails again. Great song, awesome bass from John. I hope they add this to their set lists. I love these surprise Wilco releases!

I knew that it was exactly a year later without reading the Facebook post. 

Love this tune. It's longer than I expected. I'll have to make a mix cd just to have this on disc, since my iPod won't play through my car anymore. 

I keep hearing "Can't Stand It" in that bass riff that runs throughout the song, perhaps most obviously in the part just after the little break from 1:00 to 1:13 when the vocals pick up again.

...also this song seems like it's about the GPS's in all of our cars and phones, perhaps representing our new "God" that's always watching, right?

Cool little song. Happy to hear something new!

Is this part of the, as Jeff puts it, "fucked-up country record" that is supposed to be the follow up to Star Wars? Kind of sounds like it!

Thanks, Wilco.

Agree!    And I like it ... a lot!  

I dig it.  Hoping this is a good sign of how the new album will sound!  I'm loving that it seems like they are unafraid to keep it weird.  Hopefully more new music keeps coming leading up to the West Coast shows that are coming up!

Man, I like this track as well as anything on Star Wars. The guitar tones and fragmented production remind me a lot of SW, and it seems to be pretty clearly from the same sessions. I would really like a record full of driving, dry, noise-speckled tunes like this. That's the Wilco I've always loved : )

I'm guessing this is a one-off outtake from Star Wars. Kind of like what 'Message From Mid-Bar' was to Whole Love, or 'Cars Can't Escape' to YHF. They seem to pretty regularly put an outtake out to tide us over.

I'll happily accept a new album at any time though.

• 1 month later...

Love the song....locator in my interpretation relates to iOS on phones ....that's just my mad brain!