Baseball Post Season 2016

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cubs fans around the world, myself included, are about to go through a major identity crisis.

Glad that story line is finally dead.

It was a great series --- my mom and dad came over last night to watch the game. It was great watching it with them. My dad is 77 and long time South-side Cub fan - happy for him to finally see them win it all.

When Cleveland tied it in the 8th, he told my mom, 'Come on let's go, we can listen to it on the radio'.

Luckily it's was only a 15 minute drive home for them, so they made it home to see the win.

Congrats to the hated Cubs.  I'm very happy for the many die-hard Cub fan friends of mine.  I'm even happier that this is finally over and done. The past week has been hard on my mental health.  

Man - downtown Chicago is chaos. The trains were packed to the gills with Cubbies - mostly teenagers.

Then, when my train got to Ogilvie, two packed trains let out at the exact same time, and all the Cubbie tourists just STOOD THERE after they got out of the train. Keep moving people! Almost had a panic attack. Was being pushed from all directions, and most people didn't know which way to go. Or they were waiting for the rest of their group to get out of the train. I'm trying to get to work! I saw that Grant Park was full already by 7:00am. I think the parade doesn't start until 10?

Ay yi yi. 

Must be a big relief. Now they don't have to hear "lovable losers" or any narrative about the curse.

Man, that was a great game and great series. 

Just got my World Series shirt today, I picked one that actually say "lovable winners" this team has been a big part of my life for the last 2 seasons, I haven't missed more then probably about 20 games in 2 seasons.

Now the Cubs are just another team

Because they won a championship? I don't understand why you would say that. 

Congrats from this Braves fan to long-suffering Cubs fans, and to baseball, for an epic win in an epic game in an instant-classic World Series. 

It really was one of the best nights of my life. 

Because they won a championship? I don't understand why you would say that. 

No, they are World Series champs, of course, but now the stigma of the lovable losers is gone and, I'd guess, a bit of the team's personality in the process. I'm not trying to take anything away from their amazing season and post-season, just noting that, like BOS in '04, they are now relieved....

Honestly, I wanted a Fenway/Wrigley Series. I wanted to see Papi on the big stage for the last time. I've rooted for the Red Sox in the AL since we traded Buckner to them. I guess I'm sorry about that! 

Post season finalists have been announced, in the NL very Cub heavy.

This is my predictions

MVP

AL - José Altuve

NL - Kris Bryant

Cy Young

AL - Corey Kluber

NL - Jon Lester

Manager of the year

AL - Terry Francona

NL - Dave Roberts

Rookie of the Year

AL - Gary Sanchez