Scott McCaughey fans...

I know there are many here. I'm sad to report that while touring with Alejandro Escovedo, Scott has suffered a stroke. He is in stable condition. I know we sneer lately at the "thoughts and prayers" thing, but in this case let's overlook that nonsense and send them anyway. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds. We need this guy back in tiptop shape!

We love you, Scott!!! :wub

Terrible news. I'm pretty shocked and upset about this one.

"The road to recovery will be a long one" and "with the love and support of all of you, Scott will continue to share his love of music with the world" - from his wife's statement.

He has my love and support...

Damn, vibes to Scott and his family.

I recently unearthed pics I took from a Wilco show at 4th & B in 2002 (Donna you once told me you were at this show too, right?) - the Minus 5 opened and spilled out to the sidewalk at the end of the night playing 4 or 5 songs in the San Diego night. It was magical.

(I don't recall taking these pics, I stumbled across them last week in my Yahoo account)

mccaugheywursterwilco.jpg

wilco.jpg

Wilco1.jpg

I’m very sad to learn this news. I met Scott a few years ago at a Baseball Project in-store performance. Super-nice guy. I’ll definitely be sending thoughts, prayers and good vibes his way.

This is tragic. Scott is my Bob Dylan. He is probaby on his 4th or 5th morbidly comical song inspired by this episode. I can’t wait till he makes a full recovery and we can hear them. Vibes to Scott and his family. He is the coolest man in rock and roll!!!!

I recently unearthed pics I took from a Wilco show at 4th & B in 2002 (Donna you once told me you were at this show too, right?) - the Minus 5 opened and spilled out to the sidewalk at the end of the night playing 4 or 5 songs in the San Diego night. It was magical.

(I don't recall taking these pics, I stumbled across them last week in my Yahoo account)

attachicon.gifmccaugheywursterwilco.jpg

attachicon.gifwilco.jpg

attachicon.gifWilco1.jpg

Ok, too funny....these are my pictures! Scott has them too. He had such a blast doing that sidewalk busking! Do you remember when San Diego's finest pulled up in their squad car and just stopped in the middle of the street and watched?!! I think they were scratching their heads at this bizarre mob scene! Eventually they just drove off.

Peter, did I ever share the recording of that 4th and B show? It took forever to emerge...like, years....but it is pretty good! I think I only have Wilco's portion, not the Minus 5's. Remember when Jeff snuck out while Scott was playing and strummed a loud chord right behind Scott and made him jump a mile? That was so funny! That was the last night they were going to be on that tour together. I remember a huge bear hug between Jeff and Scott, after they stopped laughing about the scary loud chord.

That was such a fun night. Afterwards in the parking lot we were waiting to ask Jeff to sign something, and chatting with John. But Jeff was too busy because both his mom and one of his brothers had come to the show. Finally we joked to John, "Can you do a credible Jeff Tweedy signature?" Well, he can't, but "I do a terrific Ken Coomer!" he offered brightly. :lol Good to know, John, good to know!

There were some encouraging signs today, I learned through a post on Susan Miller Tweedy’s Facebook page. She had posted some hilarious old pictures of a “pajama party” following a Young Fresh Fellows show ar the Lounge Ax. A very long time ago. Mary Winzig, Scott’s wife, posted that she had shown Scott the pictures and he said “Wow...that’s fucking amazing.”

That was so good to hear!

There were some encouraging signs today, I learned through a post on Susan Miller Tweedy’s Facebook page. She had posted some hilarious old pictures of a “pajama party” following a Young Fresh Fellows show ar the Lounge Ax. A very long time ago. Mary Winzig, Scott’s wife, posted that she had shown Scott the pictures and he said “Wow...that’s fucking amazing.”

That was so good to hear!

I felt the same! So good to hear of him chuckling at the photos!

From Mary Winzig, Scott's wife. A way to show your love and help with Scott's recovery! :wub

https://www.gofundme.com/c3npfr-scott-mccaughey-medical-fund

Let's help to defray the therapy costs as Scott's recovery begins. Our chance to show a really terrific guy that we can be really terrific too! :thumbup

I don't know about the rest of you but I can't wait to hear the songs he'll have about this experience!

Love you, Scott!

From Mary Winzig, Scott's wife. A way to show your love and help with Scott's recovery! :wub

https://www.gofundme.com/c3npfr-scott-mccaughey-medical-fund

Let's help to defray the therapy costs as Scott's recovery begins. Our chance to show a really terrific guy that we can be really terrific too! :thumbup

Done. And...they passed their $50K goal already which is awesome.

attachicon.gifmccaugheywursterwilco.jpg

attachicon.gifwilco.jpg

attachicon.gifWilco1.jpg

Awesome photos!     We love you, Scott!

This post was intended to happen around Thanksgiving, because I am so very grateful to call Scott McCaughey my friend. But Thanksgiving was just too busy and I couldn't find the window of time I needed. So now, settle back in your chairs and let me tell you a story about one of the sweetest, most generous guys on God's green earth!
I have been a fan of Scott's for a long time. I fell very hard when I first knew of him, and harder still when I got to see him live. In short order, I became a rabid fan, and a friendship developed over the course of several silly emails and jaw-droppingly amazing shows. In December (or so) of 2003, my husband was scheming on a great Christmas gift for me. On impulse, he contacted Scott, asking whether he could possibly get an autographed picture "or something".

Below you see Scott's take on "or something". :omg  :dribble  :lol  He found a good-sized box and proceeded to fill it with anything and everything he thought I might get a kick out of. At the top, he tucked in a photo of himself playing on tour with REM, and signed it, "Donna - Happy Christmas Fun Pack from your loving husband (and me) - Scott"

It was, and will remain, one of my favorite Christmas presents of all time!!! These pictures don't even include everything, since many of the cd's he included have wandered off into my listening stacks. But look at this glorious wealth of Scottdom and REM treasures! I still marvel at the fun and generosity he managed to overwhelm me with! This is who Scott is. Small wonder he is so hugely beloved....he gives of himself like this in his every interaction. If the world contained more Scotts, humanity would be a hell of a lot sweeter!

Scott, I love you, and I hope you are feeling better and stronger every day. You are truly one in a million. I treasure these artifacts!

Midshipmen plunging from the bow,
Donna
xoxoxo

G0GbFlx.jpg

byZNXoT.jpg

MLWvbMs.jpg

53MoZyN.jpg

hLFhGpE.jpg