Warm/Warmer Release

Were there a lot of copies of the vinyl set available at SS?  I'm really hoping some of those make their way online or at least become available at the couple of upcoming Tweedy shows!

there were a bunch... i bought my copy as i was leaving the fest after the final show on Sunday and there were still at least 20-30 copies on display, who knows what was still in boxes. 

Has anyone else sequenced a 10-11 track single album of their favorite songs from Warm/Warmer?

I haven't, but if I were forced to pick just 11 of the tracks, I think it'd be these:

1. Bombs Above

2. Some Birds

3. Don't Forget

4. How Hard it is for a Desert to Die

5. I Know What it's Like

6. Having Been in No Way to Be

7. Family Ghost

8. Sick Server

9. Empty Head

10. Evergreen

11. Guaranteed

Just missed: And Then You Cut it in Half. I haven't heard the bonus track "Drawing From Memory," but I liked the solo acoustic version he played live once, so maybe that would make the cut as well.

So I saw on Wilcostore that under the Warm/Warmer CD release they list it as having the bonus song and that it will be released on July 12 (which doesn't really jive with the prior info), so I emailed them:

I'm sorry, the sets were limited and sold out. If the band / their management team have any plans of pressing more, they have not let us in on that. I apologize for the inconvenience.

That seems like a weird thing to say if there were extras at SS and if there was something being released on the 12th.  

A couple of months ago, various sources mentioned July 12 as the official date of release (both physical and digital).

www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/jeff-tweedy-announces-official-release-of-warmer-record/amp

Would be a real letdown if there wasn’t an option for non-US residents to buy the 2CD-set without spending $40 on shipping costs..

Would be a real letdown if there wasn’t an option for non-US residents to buy the 2CD-set without spending $40 on shipping costs..

I have a UK Amazon pre order in place for £9.99 with a date quoted of July 19th. Hope that is not cancelled...

I really love the bonus track that was included in the Warm/Warmer combo. I've said it before, but I think Jeff's writing some of his best songs right now. If the three new Wilco tracks are any indication, LP11 is gonna be something special.

I really love the bonus track that was included in the Warm/Warmer combo. I've said it before, but I think Jeff's writing some of his best songs right now. If the three new Wilco tracks are any indication, LP11 is gonna be something special.

Thoroughly agree!

Did anyone receive the CD set yet? I got an e-mail from Amazon DE that delivery is delayed until August 16th. So I cancelled it and placed a new order in the Wilco EU store.

By the way, it's Friday July 19th in New Zealand and there's still no Warmer on Tidal NZ.

It would be nice if there was a digital release of this with the bonus track. I honestly can’t figure out why they’re making this damn album so difficult for people to hear!

I have had digital releases of both albums for a while, just needed some basic computing skills when they were being streamed on the website ;)

(of course I had previously bought both albums on vinyl)

Did anyone receive the CD set yet? I got an e-mail from Amazon DE that delivery is delayed until August 16th. So I cancelled it and placed a new order in the Wilco EU store.

By the way, it's Friday July 19th in New Zealand and there's still no Warmer on Tidal NZ.

Yes, I received mine a couple of weeks ago. Ordered from the Tweedy Store though, not Amazon, and delivery was within the US, so no long wait while in transit. It has been a long time since I ordered something from NZ, but recall it took a couple of weeks to get here from there.

Yes, I received mine a couple of weeks ago. Ordered from the Tweedy Store though, not Amazon, and delivery was within the US, so no long wait while in transit. It has been a long time since I ordered something from NZ, but recall it took a couple of weeks to get here from there.

It's not really about receiving physical items from NZ though.

Because of timezones, Tidal NZ is the first major streaming site to show new releases. Basically, it's a perfect guide to see what's coming to Tidal EU/US a couple of hours later :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I ordered the double CD through Wilco and I seemed to get multiple download notices. Did they update or change the downloads? Sorta like what Kanye does sometimes - releases an album digitally and then may change the release later. It's been a while, I just happened to think to ask now.

I bought the double CD and-at least for me-the multiple  download notices were 1) a download of the album tracks and (happily) 2) a download of the bonus track that was vinyl-only for a little while. The second one arrived a week or two after the album was released, I seem to remember.