17 hours ago, remphish1 said:

Awesome! I’m seeing them Friday! 

It was lots of fun.  It was a bit loose - they acknowledged that they have not practiced much.  A few times they would discuss whether Lou should play drums or bass on a particular song.  Given that they had both lived in Boston, they talked a lot about their time in and around the city.  Very enjoyable night.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

Peter Gabriel 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

It was lots of fun.  It was a bit loose - they acknowledged that they have not practiced much.  A few times they would discuss whether Lou should play drums or bass on a particular song.  Given that they had both lived in Boston, they talked a lot about their time in and around the city.  Very enjoyable night.  

Awesome! Can’t wait! Hope they did a lot off one part lullaby! That is a perfect album in my opinion! 

2 hours ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

This was in Boston? Where did they play?

22 hours ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

Folk Implosion 

didn't see you there! (but we got in kinda late, about 10 min before John started... talked w/ Bernhardt for a while and then sat on the floor).

fun show, a bit shambolic but i would expect nothing less. left a bit early to catch Wand at Crystal Ballroom a couple blocks away. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, tinnitus photography said:

didn't see you there! (but we got in kinda late, about 10 min before John started... talked w/ Bernhardt for a while and then sat on the floor).

fun show, a bit shambolic but i would expect nothing less. left a bit early to catch Wand at Crystal Ballroom a couple blocks away. 

Yes - I saw you sitting on the floor - but then I saw you leave before I could say hi!

4 hours ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

Yes - I saw you sitting on the floor - but then I saw you leave before I could say hi!

yeah i thought Wand was getting on at 9 but turns out it was 9:30 so i could have seen their whole set. i assume they played "Natural One"?

I love the Old 97's, and they're one of my most-seen acts, but they've been becoming less of a must-see for me because they seem to do the same thing tour after tour. This is the American Primitive Tour, supporting their brand-new album, but it looks like they're not playing more than three songs a night from the album. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the show.