Winterlude 2019

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the lack of set list variety, I probably don’t need to go to all 4 of these, but at the same time, not going to all 4 of them seems like a bad idea!

Same thoughts! I'll be out of town for the first one and was only able to grab good seats for the Wednesday show this morning.

Telling myself right now that I'm ok with only hitting 2 of them but that's more difficult than I imagined. I'm really wondering how much setlist variety there will be this time around.

Been trying since 10. Kept getting the messages that either "another fan beat me to it" or "Ticketmaster can't process my request on this device" for whatever reason? Only going for Double letter or pit seats. Really wish they didn't use a TM venue and went back to the Riviera but that's just my opinion. I guess I'll try again tomorrow in the XRT pre sale, but if it didn't work today, can't imagine tomorrow will be any better... 

I forgot about today's presale. Guess if I go I'll have to wait til Fridays general on-sale and take whatever I can get. Maybe it's a sign that I need to save my money instead.

I forgot about today's presale. Guess if I go I'll have to wait til Fridays general on-sale and take whatever I can get. Maybe it's a sign that I need to save my money instead.

Psst: There's a Thursday presale too.

Given the lack of set list variety, I probably don’t need to go to all 4 of these, but at the same time, not going to all 4 of them seems like a bad idea!

I'm not hard on the band for not mixing up the setlists as much as they once did. Most people aren't going to multiple shows or traveling far and wide, and so a "standardized" setlist where they're rotating a few songs makes sense; they are catering to a wider audience. But, if I'm being honest, the incentive to travel to Chicago or St. Paul just wasn't there for me, given that I will have seen a few shows already on this tour and that the sets will (probably) be identical. I'll save my rock tourism dollars for the next solo tour.

the sets will (probably) be identical.

Could be. Last time they played Chicago it was 4 shows at Chicago Theater. Tickets were cheaper then.

They performed 106 songs over the 4 nights with 49 unique songs. That's not bad for mixing it up.

Could be. Last time they played Chicago it was 4 shows at Chicago Theater. Tickets were cheaper then.

They performed 106 songs over the 4 nights with 49 unique songs. That's not bad for mixing it up.

That's definitely more variety than I remembered. I feel like you get two unique shows (nights 1 and 3 are similar & 2 and 4). 

As another data point, they played 4 nights at the Beacon on the Schmilco tour where they played 25-29 song sets, with 47 unique songs.

Also the pw JOY should work.

Thanks for the passwords. I decided to be fiscally responsible, so I'm gonna sit it out. I have upcoming auto repair bill that's going to run about $700. Plus it's right before Christmas, and I'm sure I'll have family obligations and other plans that will conflict. I'd love to be there, but sitting it out is the right thing to do. 

I want to thank Wilco for the fan-presale. I had low expectations since Ticketmaster was handling it and now either scalp the best seats with their "Platinum ticket" scam where they charge 4x face for good seats, or just make it impossible to get decent seats with the waiting room games. I was able to get PITs for 2 nights at the standard ticket price. A lot of it was patience and luck, but having seats Will Call only no doubt helped making them available to fans vs. scalpers. I also appreciate having the opportunity at good seats for face value. Thanks Wilco!

• 2 weeks later...

Very happy to be attending my first Chicago Wilco gig in QUITE a while (last Chicago show was the Vic one in 2011!!). 

Out of curiosity, how is the balcony section? I was able to score tickets for the opening and closing nights of the Winterlude and am ranging from 2L (one section from the left?) Row H and then 3R (three sections from the right?) row B. I'm just happy to see Wilco and fortunately have started to feel okay with not being front row center for gigs.

I'm going to try to score tickets for floor soon as well, I think.

• 1 month later...

Robyn Hitchcock (first two shows) and Sharon Van Etten (last two shows) were just added as support for the Chicago shows!  I've never heard Hitchcock before, but have really been liking Sharon Van Etten lately, so this is fantastic news.  Seems like pretty damn good openers.