West Coast Shows / Cancellations / Coronavirus

Since I was gumming up the "2020 Tour" thread with my stressing out about this...  :rolleyes

Seattle is cancelled.

Oakland is cancelled.

San Jose is *probably* cancelled (this one isn't officially announced yet, but the county has prohibited events with more than 1,000 people for the next three weeks).

San Francisco is NOT cancelled YET.  The city has prohibited events of more than 1,000 people for the next two weeks, at least.  The show at the Fillmore is three weeks out.

(note:  I'm saying "cancelled" even though some of these are officially listed as "postponed".)

I haven't seen anything about any of the other west coast shows, but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a ticket for Vegas at this point. Never seen them in Nevada and the venue (Brooklyn Bowl) doesn't look bad.   I saw Thievery Corporation/ Gnarls Barkley at "The Beach at Mandalay Bay"

It is kind of curious to me that I’ve received e-mails from seemingly every entity under the sun, but yet haven’t heard a peep from either the band or the venues/promoters about shows that seem almost certain to be postponed at the very least...

It is kind of curious to me that I’ve received e-mails from seemingly every entity under the sun, but yet haven’t heard a peep from either the band or the venues/promoters about shows that seem almost certain to be postponed at the very least...

Agreed!  And the info on the venues' websites isn't consistent either.

This is pretty clear that all events are cancelled at the San Jose Civic until 4/1:  https://www.sanjoseca.gov/news-stories/news/emergency-notifications  Kind of crazy that it's not on the venue's website yet (they list some shows as cancelled, but not others).

Yeah, I was definitely expecting an e-mail from either Wilco or Ticketmaster by now.

All March shows after Salt Lake City have been removed from Wilco World: https://wilcoworld.net/shows/

Through the end of March, anyway. Seems like they’re gonna try to get the next three in, then reschedule the rest and/or see if LA/Vegas can be salvaged. That’s probably about all they can do. Hopefully some sort of official word is forthcoming ASAP.

The official word just came down, at least via Twitter (and linked to the same message on Wilcoworld, except the one about the Calgary, Missoula and SLC shows still currently scheduled to go on):

Wilco's upcoming tour dates in Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, Las Vegas and California are postponed.

Every effort is being made to reschedule dates later in the year and we'll be in touch with more information shortly. Stay tuned to wilcoworld.net for updates. Take care of each other and stay safe.

Calgary, Missoula and SLC shows are currently scheduled to go on.

https://twitter.com/wilco/status/1238171145238646786?s=21

https://twitter.com/wilco/status/1238171181817253888?s=21

https://twitter.com/wilco/status/1238172191583342592?s=21

Just got a message from the Missoula promoter (Logjam Presents) that the Wilma show is now postponed. WTF? Doesn’t seem like the band has acknowledged this yet, at least on their social media. Hmm...

Just got a message from the Missoula promoter (Logjam Presents) that the Wilma show is now postponed. WTF? Doesn’t seem like the band has acknowledged this yet, at least on their social media. Hmm...

Yeah seems like Calgary is postponed too.

Yeah seems like Calgary is postponed too.

Yeah, guess they finally had to scrap the rest of the run. Thankfully I made it back to Chicago and can now just look forward to a couple weeks of record sorting or something, since everything else here seems to be cancelled too.

i'm guessing the shows throughout the South next month will be postponed also. So bummed though I totally get it. It's pretty much perfect outside right now where I am. By the time things return to relative normalcy down here it'll be hot as balls outside. 

• 5 weeks later...

The Portland, OR show (night #1) is rescheduled to November 9, 2020.  New tickets were emailed to me last week. 

I assume that show #2 will be on November 10th (I did not purchase tix for show #2 -- was supposed to be out of town).

The Portland, OR show (night #1) is rescheduled to November 9, 2020.  New tickets were emailed to me last week. 

I assume that show #2 will be on November 10th (I did not purchase tix for show #2 -- was supposed to be out of town).

Interesting!  I'll start planning for Bay Area shows after that...

The Portland show that was 3/24 (night 2) at Arlene Schnitzer is now Nov 10 at Keller.

(although the email I got with the ticket change says that it was changed from Sept 30 at Schnitzer... strange).

Haven't seen anything new on Wilcoworld for any shows yet, nor have I heard anything about the other PNW tickets.

Curious to see if they'll reschedule the benefit shows. I'm a bit surprise there hasn't been an update on that but I guess we've still got four weeks.

I've canceled my flights, and so I'm sadly out if they continue as planned for mid-May.

The Portland show that was 3/24 (night 2) at Arlene Schnitzer is now Nov 10 at Keller.

(although the email I got with the ticket change says that it was changed from Sept 30 at Schnitzer... strange).

Haven't seen anything new on Wilcoworld for any shows yet, nor have I heard anything about the other PNW tickets.

I didn't even realize that the venue had changed for the show! I wonder if it's because the original nights did not sell out...3/24 was Portland Spring Break week, which I am certain was the reason the shows did not sell out. 

What is going on? Postponed shows, no notice from Wilco or Ticketbastard. No concerts for the forseeable future. No refunds. This aint right.

Agreed, I've got tickets (and trains, hotels and car hire) booked for San Sebastian but don't want to cancel until they announce either alternative dates or cancel the gigs altogether. Just some info from someone would be good

Ticketmaster isn't going to refund anyone for "postponed" shows.  Based on the way our governor is talking, I'm assuming the California shows will be postponed until sometime in 2022...