the last jam was James Gang - Funk 49. great song. Cleveland represent!

Thank you!

I hit up YouTube and checked out the song and I know it. File under: songs you've heard, but never knew the artist or title.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

The Tweedy Show Monday May 11 Episode 46

Too Far Apart (Jeff on electric & Spencer on drums)

Finally! Song I have been asking for almost every episode! Ironically I shut it off right before it happened because I was drained from the work day doh! Thank goodness I can watch the playback which I just did on istagram

-- Spencer talks about the 1st time that they played Too Far Apart which was at Spencer's Summer Camp

And at the end of that, he says something like, "who's got the spreadsheet now?" HAhahaha! Priceless.

Someone posted a clip of them listening to Save It For Me, while Jeff was in the tub over at the FB group. It was a clip uploaded directly from their phone. I have no idea who posted it and it’s almost impossible to find a 2 month old post without it being tedious.

I’d be willing to donate $$ to a charity to watch the 1st episode.

When I was compiling my list of new songs, I actually scrolled all the way back (oh god does that Facebook group get a lot of reposts!!) and found the video. I screen recorded it, I don't want to post it online but I can share it, just shoot me a message on Facebook. 

When I was compiling my list of new songs, I actually scrolled all the way back (oh god does that Facebook group get a lot of reposts!!) and found the video. I screen recorded it, I don't want to post it online but I can share it, just shoot me a message on Facebook.

You seriously deserve some sort of medal for doing that! I tried last night and gave up after 15 minutes and only got back to last Thursday. You’re right about the many reposts. There must be a dozen posts about the beer commercial and another dozen for the beans commercial.

I don’t know who you would be on FB, so you can send me a PM here.

Is that the only song they did on the first episode? I haven't seen anyone mention any other songs from the "bathtub episode."

First, congrats on the shout out from Susie! It’s a surreal experience. I had a similar one when she mentioned the recaps.

I’m almost positive that the only thing that happened was that Jeff was in the bathtub, so the boys brought in some speakers and played Save It For Me over them. I don’t think Jeff ever got out of the tub or played anything from there.

First, congrats on the shout out from Susie! It’s a surreal experience. I had a similar one when she mentioned the recaps.

I’m almost positive that the only thing that happened was that Jeff was in the bathtub, so the boys brought in some speakers and played Save It For Me over them. I don’t think Jeff ever got out of the tub or played anything from there.

That’s the impression I get from everything I’ve read. Maybe I should update the list to say that song was played over speakers in episode 1.

My memory is that the only song that was played was via someone’s iPhone. I think it was a new one which we’ve since heard again. Jeff didn’t get out of the tub!

The Tweedy Show Tuesday May 12 Episode 47

# animated intro on screen

When You Wake Up Feeling Old (for Barbara's birthday)

-- Jeff talks about his 1929 045 Martin guitar

-- Susie talks about the canceled Vic shows that were supposed happen this weekend.

-- Jeff talks about his favorite Blue Note memories

Normal American Kids

-- Jeff plays a blues riff while Susie tries to figure out why someone said "anal" in the comments. [it's because someone mentioned The Glands and if Jeff knows them, so he started listing off glands in the body as a joke]

At My Window Sad & Lonely

No More Poetry (song stopped before "God shaped hole" verse)

Sky Blue Sky

It Must Be Love (Labi Siffre cover)

-- Jeff speaks a few of the lyrics to Talking Heads' Heaven which is a request in the comments

You Are Not Alone (Mavis Staples cover w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)

"It's A Whisper" (new & untitled. Spencer on drums)

Ooh La La (Faces cover sung by Spencer w Sammy & Casey on backing vocals)

Cruel To Be Kind (Nick Lowe cover sung by Sammy)

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover sung by Sammy w Jeff on backing vocals)

May 13 episode 48?? Or 47A I’ll say

Show happening right now but not really Susie is calling it the glitch fixer show! Jeff took some q and a and I asked if he misses playing bass and Susie said all the time and spender said he still plays. Also, I asked last concert they attended as a family they said al green and jay z. They also saw carol burnett and went to feel young then they debated if seeing bands at their festival counts lol! Fun episode! Never got over 525 people on the show. Replay is on their account now

May 13 episode 48?? Or 47A I’ll say

Show happening right now but not really Susie is calling it the glitch fixer show! Jeff took some q and a and I asked if he misses playing bass and Susie said all the time and spender said he still plays. Also, I asked last concert they attended as a family they said al green and jay z. They also saw carol burnett and went to feel young then they debated if seeing bands at their festival counts lol! Fun episode! Never got over 525 people on the show. Replay is on their account now

Rats! Wednesday nights have been my nights to call up friends to check in with them.

I’m still getting Tuesday night’s episode, when I try to watch. Anyone else?

Rats! Wednesday nights have been my nights to call up friends to check in with them.

I’m still getting Tuesday night’s episode, when I try to watch. Anyone else?

I can’t do the recaps justice like you do you can watch it on the actual stuff in our house Instagram page not the your story part

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CAJgyBkgR4W/?igshid=1nq9rf2pihhxd

I can’t do the recaps justice like you do you can watch it on the actual stuff in our house Instagram page not the your story part

Oh, thank you! I read that he did Less Than You Think.

I’m not seeing it. I’m using the IG app on my iPhone. Let me check on my computer.

Edit: Thanks! I saw the link that you posted.

Wow! The video quality is amazing!

Oh, thank you! I read that he did Less Than You Think.

I’m not seeing it. I’m using the IG app on my iPhone. Let me check on my computer.

Edit: Thanks! I saw the link that you posted.

Wow! The video quality is amazing!

I missed the first few minutes myself but glad I was able to partake in the last 15 or so...rare to see Jeff take the phone and answer some questions was fun!

While I'm sad I missed tonight's show live, I must say... Instagram TV is SO much better. First, no comments taking up the screen. You can actually pause and skip to specific times. AND you can watch it on a browser. It also looked much cleaner. 

While I'm sad I missed tonight's show live, I must say... Instagram TV is SO much better. First, no comments taking up the screen. You can actually pause and skip to specific times. AND you can watch it on a browser. It also looked much cleaner. 

i just downloaded to my phone and it's working there, but how do you cast it to the TV? I don't see the usual two icons for google cast or airplay.

i just downloaded to my phone and it's working there, but how do you cast it to the TV? I don't see the usual two icons for google cast or airplay.

If it's an iPhone, you can swipe to get the control center menu, and there's an icon in there for "screen mirroring." Tap that, and any available airplay-able devices will show up in a list. Tap the one you want.

Instagram TV doesn't broadcast to television, it's the branding they use for their published videos which is how the show yesterday got saved. You can view it on a web-browser and it's an all around better experience than the 24 hour saves on IG Stories. 

-- Jeff says that it's news to him that Wilco are going to be on this weekend's Hang Out Festival

It looks like this idea was scrapped by the Hangout Festival. Any mention of this on their social media pages have been removed. The Wilco set from 2012 can be easily found on YouTube. It’s assumed that they would have probably shown the set as part of a “Stay At Home” webcast featuring old sets from years past.

The Tweedy Show Thursday May 14 Episode 48

# animated intro on screen

-- Susie tells "the clients" that episodes will now be stored under Instagram TV & not Instagram Stories

My Darling

-- Jeff & Susie argue about the ending to My Darling, so Spencer plays the album version on his phone

-- farts are discussed

One & A Half Stars (for Stacey's birthday)

-- Jeff talks about his Stella 1920s or 1930s guitar w yellow flowers painted on it. [he's not sure which decade it was made]

Either Way (for Lisa's birthday)

"Cold Water Falling" (new song. Untitled. w Spencer on drums)

-- Jeff jokes that The Tweedy Show will go on Broadway

-- Partners podcast is discussed which features Jeff & Spencer

-- Jeff talks about playing ABBA's Waterloo at Solid Sound Festival 2013

-- Jeff talks about how he buys guitars

-- Susie shows the young picture of Jeff where he pooped his pants while waiting to take the picture

-- Jeff wants to take next week off to finish a book that he's writing

Black Eye (Uncle Tupelo cover)

Wasn't Born To Follow (The Byrds cover written by Carole King sung by Sammy)

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy)

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover w Spencer on backing vocals)

***It sounds like next week will be a week off so that Jeff can finish writing a book.

The Tweedy Show Friday May 15 Episode 49

# animated intro on computer screen

Leave Me (Like You Found Me)

-- Susie mentions that tonight would have been the first night at the Vic

-- the Tweedy Show shirts are being printed and have not been shipped out yet

Chinese Apple (Loose Fur cover w Spencer on "banagram")

-- Jeff says that Chinese Apple is in the same tuning as In A Future Age

In A Future Age

-- what's Jeff's favorite venue to play? Lounge Ax

-- Jeff plays a bit of Pot Kettle Black, Kamera & Radio Cure because they’re all in the same tuning.

-- Jeff's new book is not fiction. Jeff jokes that it's "about a Naval Battle that happened in the 1600s & he's doing a lot of research on it".

-- Jeff confirms that next week's Colbert performance will be new & feature a new song

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy)

Close My Eyes (Arthur Russell cover sung by Sammy)

-- Jeff tells "the clients" about "the birds & the bees"

Tennessee (Case Oats original sung by Case w Spencer on guitar & backing vocals) [released on Monday via Why! Records]

Blue Eyed Soul (w Spencer on drums)

These Days (Jackson Browne cover sung & played on guitar by Sammy. Stopped & restarted. Cut short)

Pink Flag (Wire cover sung by Sammy w Sammy & Jeff on guitar & Spencer on drums)

-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of Fragile by Wire

-- Jeff tells us "which way to get to the beach" and everyone else shows off their "guns"

Just A Kid (for Lilah w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)