Great show. But I have to correct the record, as I've mentioned elsewhere, Neil is absolutely still a Canadian citizen as well as American. He's arguably our best songwriter, you guys already have Bob Dylan, why are you trying to take credit for Neil too??  :cryin

The only way to make this right is on Wednesday (Canada Day), to do a special show of ONLY Canadian songs. Neil? Check. Leonard Cohen? Check. Tragically Hip? Sure. Robbie Robertson? Check. Rush? YES! 

Who's with me?!?!  :canada

And we can't forget Joni Mitchell. Her, Neil and Leonard are probably my top 3 Canadian songwriters. We could also throw Gordon Lightfoot and Ron Sexsmith in there somewhere too.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

Thanks for the kind & welcoming words, everyone. I’m happy to be a part of this community, and -like all of us- so thrilled to have the Tweedys to spend my time with during this crisis. I also feel your pain regarding the Wilco/Sleater-Kinney shows. My wife & I had tix to the Forest Hills Stadium show, which would have been on our anniversary in August. (No word yet on a reschedule date for that one.)

Thank you for the kind words, Isaac! Great story! Thank you for sharing it with us! And yes, I view this as a collaboration between Paul, Monty & myself.

And it sounds like you’re local to me, since you were also going to see Wilco on Jeff’s birthday in Boston. I don’t think that will ever happen again in terms of scheduling a show on his birthday in my neck of the woods.

i am indeed- JP resident for 17 plus years now, and grew up just outside boston.

last night was my first time watching live in a little while, and i was so happy to catch that beautiful rendition of muzzle.

i know that jeff is no longer accepting birthday requests, but if anyone wants to help send out brainwaves through the series of tubes, i'd be super special if we get to hear either acuff-rose or gun on thursday. i know he's played them both already. i'm just sayin'... ;)

And John K Samson is a heavyweight too.

Yes indeed, can't forget him. That reminds me, need to play some Weakerthans tomorrow, it's been a while.

Win Butler is now a Canadian citizen.

I think he might be a dual citizen. Win and Regine have a house a few blocks from me in New Orleans. I think they spend most of their time down here now.

The Tweedy Show Tuesday June 30 Episode 67

# animated intro on screen

-- Jeff says that Eric Church called him a "motherfucker", but in a loving way

-- Jeff & Susie are upset over the passing of Carl Reiner

-- Spencer fixed the lightbulb in the ceiling lamp and Susie doesn't think she can see Lemmy anymore in the curtains

36 Inches High (Jim Ford cover)

-- Sammy calls Jeff while he was playing, so Jeff calls him back. Sammy asks Jeff for help on how to shut off a hot tub

Remember The Mountain Bed

-- Susie shows that she replaced the Dukes Of Hazzard lunchbox with a Miss America lunchbox

-- Jeff wants to play The Newlywed Game with the clients

-- what is Susie's favorite movie? Bye Bye Birdie followed by Elf

-- what is Susie's favorite meal? Jeff says that it’s a single cucumber

Capitol City

-- Jeff believes that Capitol City is a loathed song by the Wilco fanbase

-- Neil Young's dual citizenship is discussed

Cripple Creek Ferry (Neil Young cover sung & performed on guitar by Spencer)

-- Susie asks Alexa if Spencer has a tush and Alexa responds with a description of Tweedy the Clown. Alexa gives a detailed bio of Jeff. Alexa thinks Susan Miller Tweedy is Jeff Dunham's wife and Jeff Garlin's wife. Alexa also says that Susan Miller Tweedy's house was shot up at 2am

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

The Tweedy Show shall return Thursday evening.

Well said Isaac and thanks for sharing.

We’ll hold you accountable next summer in North Adams to find more of us irl. Just look for the hugs, that’ll be us.

Vince

Well said, Vince. Certainly hoping for another gathering soon. 

Joe

The Tweedy Show Thursday July 2 Episode 68

-- Jeff talks about Hot Vanilla Sugar from Bath & Body Works

-- Jeff talks about wearing Daniel Johnston's Hi, How Are You shirt and Christopher Guest asked him "hi, how are you?" and pointed at Jeff's shirt.

-- Jeff discusses White Throat Warblers

-- Jeff brings up Pete Holmes and his thoughts on dogsitting for a friend.

You Don't Miss Your Water (William Bell cover sung by Sammy, but Sammy performed the version by The Byrds)

Death Of A Clown (Dave Davies cover stopped & restarted because Jeff wanted Sammy's help holding up the lyrics)

-- Jeff talks about performing Gordon Lightfoot's The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald in Duluth, MN with Richard Thompson & Low, while opening for Dylan in 2013.

-- Jeff brings up performing Gordon Lightfoot's If You Could Read My Mind on The Tweedy Show and jokingly says that people should refer to episode 47 in a Wilco cognoscenti voice. [Close, Jeff. It was done back on episode 33

Extra Special Surprise episode tonight with Jeff & Susie in the hot tub!!! Caught me off guard! Lol. It appears to be available to view on her IG page. The episode ran for 16 minutes.

The Tweedy Show Tuesday July 7 Episode 69

-- Sammy's friend Matt is there

-- Jeff says that they're working on having Tweedy Show masks for sale

If You Could Read My Mind (Gordon Lightfoot cover sung by Sammy)

Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

-- Jeff says soothing words to the clients' dogs

-- Susie shows that she replaced Mr. Potato Head painting with a picture frame full of brand name logos

Perfect Girl (Kuroma cover sung & performed on guitar by Spencer. Dedicated to Casey)

-- Spencer stumped Paul with his song selection

-- Susie shows the concerned clients that Mr. Potato Head is safe & sound in a different room

Please Be Patient With Me (song stopped because Jeff wasn't sure of the chords)

Please Be Patient With Me

Down On The Street (The Stooges cover sung by Sammy w Jeff on electric guitar & Spencer on drums. Performed on the 50th anniversary of the release of The Stooges' Funhouse)

TV Eye (The Stooges cover sung by Sammy w Jeff on electric guitar & Spencer on drums)

-- Mavis is in the comment section this evening and compliments Sammy on his performance

Jesus Wept (Mavis Staples cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums. Dedicated to Mavis)

Friendship (Pops Staples cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)

The Tweedy Show Thursday July 9 Episode 70 (Road Trip To Sammy's College In NY)

Swing Lo Magellan (Dirty Projectors cover sung by Sammy)

Evergreen

Frank Mills (from the musical Hair sung by Sammy)

Passenger Side

Range Life (Pavement cover sung by Sammy)

Are You With Me Now? (Cate Le Bon cover sung by Sammy)

This Side Of The Blue (Joanna Newsom cover sung by Sammy)

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy)

White Wooden Cross

They might do another show from the road tomorrow night. I was caught off guard, so I only kept track of the songs.

The Tweedy Show Monday July 13 Episode 71

-- Susie talks about how it felt to be a client during last Thursday's road trip episode

-- Jeff talks about listening to all of The Clash's Sandinista! on the last 3 hours of the road trip

-- Jeff says that he's recorded enough material during quarantine for a new Jeff Tweedy record. He's also finished writing the book which he will tell us about on a later date.

How To Fight Loneliness

-- Jeff talks about having bad experiences taking Benadryl with opioids

-- Susie shows a pic of Jeff from the first time he was over her place. He was 23 at the time

Kooks (David Bowie cover w Spencer on drums)

Desert Bell (w Spencer on drums)

-- Spencer shows a pic of the late Tweedy cat Flukey

-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit Devo’s Girl U Want saying that they should learn it (thank you, remphish1!)

-- Jeff discusses playing songs from Tweedy's Sukierae and his solo records Warm & Warmer

-- Jeff explains what his favorite lyric is: it's a lyric from the unreleased Gwendolyn. Spencer's favorite Jeff lyric is "I shake like a toothache". Susie's favorite Jeff lyric is "the ashtray says that you were up all night."

Night Time (Big Star cover sung by Sammy)

For You (Big Star cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)

-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of Creedence Clearwater Revival's Susie Q

*** Showbiz Kids is premiering on HBO tomorrow night at 9pm EST. Jeff, Spencer and Sammy have created original music for the documentary.

-- Susie talks about how it felt to be a client during last Thursday's road trip episode

-- Jeff talks about listening to all of The Clash's Sandinista! on the last 3 hours of the road trip

-- Jeff says that he's recorded enough stuff during quarantine for a new Jeff Tweedy record. He's also finished writing the book which he will tell us about on a later date.

How To Fight Loneliness

-- Jeff talks about having bad experiences taking Benadryl with opioids

-- Susie shows a pic of Jeff from the first time he was over her place. He was 23 at the time

Kooks (David Bowie cover w Spencer on drums)

Desert Bell (w Spencer on drums)

-- Spencer shows a pic of the late Tweedy cat Flukey

-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of a Devo song saying that they should learn it

-- Jeff discusses playing songs from Tweedy's Sukierae and his solo records Warm & Warmer

-- Jeff explains what his favorite lyric is: it's a lyric from the unreleased Gwendolyn. Spencer's favorite Jeff lyric is "I shake like a toothache". Susie's favorite Jeff lyric is "the ashtray says that you were up all night."

Night Time (Big Star cover sung by Sammy)

For You (Big Star cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)

-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of Creedence Clearwater Revival's Susie Q

*** Showbiz Kids is premiering on HBO tomorrow night at 9pm EST. Jeff, Spencer and Sammy have created original music for the documentary.

The Devo snippet was Girl U Want

-- Jeff says that he's recorded enough stuff during quarantine for a new Jeff Tweedy record. He's also finished writing the book which he will tell us about on a later date.

That sounds promising! Thanks as always for the recaps.

Interesting that Jeff said his next album will "probably" be a solo record, he almost seemed not entirely sure. TIN FOIL HAT TIME: I hypothesize a new Wilco record has been completely and/or mostly recorded but they don't want to drop it till they can tour for it. 

OR!!!! Maybe he was unsure if the incoming Summerteeth / Yankee Hotel Foxtrot deluxe editions counted??

Or... he just wasn't sure if how much he should reveal. But that's less fun. 

The Tweedy Show Tuesday July 14 Episode 72

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w backing vocal by Spencer. Dedicated to Ruth Bader Ginsburg.)

-- The Tweedy Show is going to make face masks for sale that will benefit Mothers Against Senseless Killings. They should be available soon and the style will match the IKEA curtains

With Tomorrow (Gene Clark cover sung by Sammy)

-- Jeff wants to go over to Paul Suwan's house to see who has more records, once the pandemic is over

Sunken Treasure (w Spencer on drums)

-- Jeff discusses why Together At Last was pulled off streaming services.

-- Jeff talks about eventually releasing Together Again which would be a 2nd volume to Together At Last

-- Jeff tells the story about Malcolm Gladwell being asked what he would save if his house was on fire. Malcolm's answer was "Wilco records".

You Ask Me To (Waylon Jennings cover w Spencer on drums)

"It's A Whisper" (w Spencer on thigh slaps. Slightly different arrangement than the last time it was performed)

Smothered In Hugs (Guided By Voices cover sung & performed on guitar by Sammy)

I think a really cool idea for a face mask would be to have the cd spines of the Wilco records across the mask. Or the album artwork from left to right etc....

The Tweedy Show Tuesday July 14 Episode 72

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w backing vocal by Spencer. Dedicated to Ruth Bader Ginsburg.)

-- The Tweedy Show is going to make face masks for sale that will benefit Mothers Against Senseless Killings. They should be available soon and the style will match the IKEA curtains

With Tomorrow (Gene Clark cover sung by Sammy)

-- Jeff wants to go over to Paul Suwan's house to see who has more records, once the pandemic is over

Sunken Treasure (w Spencer on drums)

-- Jeff discusses why Together At Last was pulled off streaming services.

-- Jeff talks about eventually releasing Together Again which would be a 2nd volume to Together At Last

-- Jeff tells the story about Malcolm Gladwell being asked what he would save if his house was on fire. Malcolm's answer was "Wilco records".

You Ask Me To (Waylon Jennings cover w Spencer on drums)

"It's A Whisper" (w Spencer on thigh slaps. Slightly different arrangement than the last time it was performed)

Smothered In Hugs (Guided By Voices cover sung & performed on guitar by Sammy)

I think a really cool idea for a face mask would be to have the cd spines of the Wilco records across the mask. Or the album artwork from left to right etc....

I've been to Paul's house and I doubt ANYONE has more records...  :D