I never heard of Fontaines DC either until I listened to the first day of U2’s Sirius channel on July 1. The Edge said some nice things about the band, before one of their songs. And I heard another one from them later that day.

The All Lives, You Say? vinyl is already sold out.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Wednesday November 29 Episode 221 -- Spencer holds Basil and Susie introduces Jeff, Danny Miller & Sammy.  -- Jeff has a new pair of clear frame glasses which Spencer picked ou

Posted Images

The Tweedy Show Tuesday August 4 Episode 82

-- animated intro on screen

-- Jeff is wearing "camouflage" and not sitting on the couch

Losing Interest

-- Jeff says that he recorded the song on a dictaphone and that it's available on the Being There deluxe release

-- Jeff teases Paul that he stumped him with that song

Jesus, Etc.

-- Susie says that one of the comments said that their 8 year olds have turned 9 during the pandemic

Late Blooming Son (w Spencer on thigh slaps)

-- Susie gives a book reference: Kendall Hailey's The Day I Became An Autodidact

-- Jeff wants to learn Street People

Motion Pictures (For Carrie) (Neil Young cover sung by Sammy)

-- Susie shows the bookcase to find Kendall's book

-- the canned ham from Letterman is now residing at The Loft

Far, Far Away

-- Jeff explains the room where Far, Far Away was set in in St. Louis

Mind Games (John Lennon cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on guitar)

-- Susie says that Jeff Garlin is in the chat and wants Jeff to play "Firefall" which no one knows

You Are My Face (stopped short because Jeff forgot the lyrics)

-- Jeff thinks that they should celebrate their anniversary in private on Thursday

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals. Dedicated to the people of Lebanon)

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

-- Jeff jokes that they can do a 25 minute episode on Thursday where they can spend a minute reflecting on each year they've been married.

The Tweedy Show will likely return this Friday. Some deep cuts tonight. 2 songs from the Being There deluxe edition.

Late Blooming Son and Losing Interest, these are the deep cuts I like to hear. Motion Pictures and Mind Games were great too. Good show all around.

I agree with you on the first Fontaines DC album.  It's excellent.  

If that's an obtuse way of saying that the second album is not so good then unfortunately I'd have to agree with you. Title track is great, the rest lacks the brash spark of the debut. 

Meanwhile, back on topic, I don't watch the Tweedy Show live because of the time difference, and finding time to catch up on YouTube is difficult (so I've maybe seen 10?), but I read the summaries avidly (thank you) looking out for gems - which Let Me Come Home certainly was. Always been a favourite, and would be great to see it performed more often by TWEEDY or JT solo whenever the curse of covid lifts.

The Tweedy Show Thursday August 6 Episode 83

-- animated intro on screen

I'm The Man Who Loves You (dedicated to Susie's dad. Lol)

-- Jeff reads off what they ate for their anniversary dinner provided by Lula Cafe in Logan Square

-- Jeff shows off his drawing of his wedding picture that he made for his anniversary gift to Susie

-- Jeff shows off his anniversary gift from Susie which is a t-shirt with Jeff Knurek's drawing of "muscular" Jeff

-- Spencer jokes that "the clients" want him to wear Jeff's unique wedding outfit

Without You (Badfinger cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)

-- hot sauce and honey discussion

-- Jeff uses the word "ado" properly

-- pyrex bowls are discussed

-- Jeff says that Susie has occasionally called or texted him while he was on stage

-- Jeff explains that about a dozen songs or more songs are about Susie.

-- Susie says that she goes on tour more with Jeff solo, instead of Wilco shows

-- Jeff tells the story about the first time he went to a movie with Susie

-- Jeff & Susie discuss Crash, David Cronenberg's Crash, Open Water and The Piano

A Robin Or A Wren (w Sammy & Spencer on backing vocals)

-- Jeff's birthday twins are Gene Simmons & Elvis Costello

-- Susie sings the Green Acres theme song

Even I Can See

-- Jeff plays the first line of Guess Again as another example of a song that Jeff wrote for Susie

-- Jeff doesn't remember the first song that he wrote for her. Though it might be Wait Up

-- Jeff hasn't decided if there will be a show Friday.

Stay tuned to Susie's IG page tomorrow to see if there's a show on Friday.

Yes! Great catch! I was so sure that it was Harry Nilsson that I didn’t even double check that one. Weird how that works out.

Wow.  I purchased Nilsson Schmilsson when it came out in 1971 and always assumed Harry wrote that song.  Great catch.

Wow.  I purchased Nilsson Schmilsson when it came out in 1971 and always assumed Harry wrote that song.  Great catch.

I always liked Badfinger's a lot more. It feels like it has more raw emotion and less glitzy production.

(Someone in Chicago has to catch things better than Eloy--All the White Sox fans out there will get that joke)

I always liked Badfinger's a lot more. It feels like it has more raw emotion and less glitzy production.

(Someone in Chicago has to catch things better than Eloy--All the White Sox out there will get that joke)

it's really the only song on Schmillson that isn't amazing. 

(Someone in Chicago has to catch things better than Eloy--All the White Sox fans out there will get that joke)

E-gads -- that Eloy play was plain horrible. Still love the guy, but man, get your head in the game when playing the field.

The Tweedy Show Friday August 14 Episode 84

-- animated intro is shown on Spencer's iPhone

-- Susie announces that Charlsie's grandmother Elizabeth "Betsy" Forsythe Hailey is watching. She's the author of A Woman Of Independent Means and Life Sentences.

-- current technical issues are talked about

One By One (dedicated to Erin & Anders)

-- Susie's birthday from Wednesday is mentioned

-- Susie says that the screen keeps going dark on her end and they consider to restart the episode

Once A Day (Connie Smith cover w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals)

The King Of Carrot Flowers, Pt. One (Neutral Milk Hotel cover sung by Sammy)

-- the show is paused for a few seconds to change settings

Natural Disaster (w Spencer on drums. Last played on Episode 10)

-- Susie shows off her birthday cake

-- Jeff says that he's been writing a lot of country songs lately

-- WAP is discussed briefly

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals.)

You Are Not Alone (Mavis Staples cover w Spencer on drums. Dedicated to Betsy)

Mother (John Lennon cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)

-- they discuss Pamela Adlon's Better Things which features Lennon's Mother as the theme song

-- Susie shows off Jeff's shoes

-- Jeff directly addresses Betsy & Charlesie

The Tweedy Show shall return Monday.

Note about Once A Day: It's not a Don Gibson song. (You can hear Jeff saying so a little later in this episode, but other people were talking and it was kind of covered up. Susie asked if it was Don Gibson and you can hear him saying something like "No, but I play it in his style," or something similar) It was written by Bill Anderson and made famous by Connie Smith.

EDITED to add: This song has been recorded by a BUNCH of people over the years, and for all I know Don Gibson may have been one of them.

Note about Once A Day: It's not a Don Gibson song. (You can hear Jeff saying so a little later in this episode, but other people were talking and it was kind of covered up. Susie asked if it was Don Gibson and you can hear him saying something like "No, but I play it in his style," or something similar) It was written by Bill Anderson and made famous by Connie Smith.

EDITED to add: This song has been recorded by a BUNCH of people over the years, and for all I know Don Gibson may have been one of them.

Thank you for the info!

The Tweedy Show Monday August 17 Episode 85

# animated intro on screen

-- Susie addresses that she knows that this is airing the same time as Michelle Obama giving her speech at the DNC

-- Jeff says that he just finished something today, but doesn't say what that is

-- tape vs record is discussed

This Moment (Incredible String Band cover sung by Sammy)

-- underwear is discussed

-- Jeff sings some of Captain & Tennille's Do That To Me One More Time while he searches for a pic of a frog on his phone

Purple Rain (Prince cover w Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals)

-- Jeff says that it rained during Prince's Super Bowl performance, but Jeff jokes that he made a rainbow appear.

-- Jeff says that he felt the need to finally do a Prince song after 80+ episodes

-- Susie mentions that Yo La Tengo played a Wilco song at Mass MoCa last week. They covered If I Ever Was A Child

-- Jeff says that he plans on doing a Tom Petty song tomorrow night

-- Susie gives us the bad news that since she changed the lightbulb, Lemmy has disappeared

Secret Of The Sea (w Spencer on backing vocals)

-- a brief game of guess the chords

You And I (w Spencer on thigh slaps)

Empty Head (w Spencer on thigh slaps)

-- Susie turns on the TV to see what Michelle Obama is wearing

-- Jeff tells a story about taking Mavis Staples to a Michelle Obama event

-- Jeff is not at liberty to say what he finished today..."probably a record" he tells Susie after she pries some more info out of him. He also coyly mentions that he's starting something tomorrow.

-- face masks are being shipped to the Tweedy family tomorrow, after which they will ship them to the clients who purchased them

-- Jeff strums & sings some of Volcano Suns' Balancing Act