• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Wednesday November 29 Episode 221 -- Spencer holds Basil and Susie introduces Jeff, Danny Miller & Sammy.  -- Jeff has a new pair of clear frame glasses which Spencer picked ou

Posted Images

No Sense In Lovin' sounded so damn good, great to see this song come back. I would love to hear the modern Wilco treatment to some of those deeper Jeff cuts from Anodyne.

The Tweedy Show Monday September 7

Episode 94

# intro on cell phone

-- Jeff is in the bathroom for the first few moments of the show

-- a client accuses Jeff of peeing on his hands which leads to Spencer telling a story about shaking Stephen Colbert's hands.

-- Susie sends Spencer out to pick up some of the tiny acorns to show the clients. Jeff says that they are normal sized.

When Your Dreams Come True (Kath Bloom & Loren Mazzacane Connors cover)

Side With The Seeds

-- Beyond Burger vs Impossible Burger

Sun's A Star

-- Jeff thinks Jolly Green Giant's little sidekick is named Niblet. A client corrects him that the name is Sprout

Kicking Television

Fragments Of Time (Daft Punk cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on thigh slaps)

-- Jeff & Sammy discuss Daft Punk

Burned (Buffalo Springfield cover sung & performed on guitar by Spencer w Jeff on guitar)

Rilkean Heart (Cocteau Twins cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals)

-- Spencer & Sammy sing a bit of Buffalo Springfield's For What It's Worth

-- Sammy & Jeff sing a bit Box Full Of Letters in Squidward voice

-- Susie sings a bit of Lulu's To Sir With Love & Leslie Gore's You Don't Own Me and It's My Party

-- Jeff plays The Chordettes' Lollipop over his phone

-- the TAMI Show is discussed

-- high school theater is discussed

-- Jeff explains why Abba wore the costumes that they wore for tax reasons

-- Susie talks about Tik Tok & WAP

Reincarnation (Roger Miller cover)

-- Jeff explains why Abba wore the costumes that they wore for tax reasons

This has truth as secondary bonus but mostly it is out of love of the glitter. Believe!

Welfare!

The Tweedy Show Tuesday September 8 Episode 95

# animated intro on screen

-- back home in the Tweedy living room

The Old Country Waltz (Neil Young cover w Jeff on harmonica. For Leslie's birthday)

-- Susie wishes luck & safety to the students returning to school today

Pecan Pie (Golden Smog cover)

-- Jeff says that all of the songs that he's playing tonight are Cantor Shelly's requests for her birthday

Hummingbird

-- Jeff talks about Diet Coke, aspartame, short term memory and forgetting lyrics. He claims that when he stops drinking Diet Coke he remembers his lyrics a lot better. Susie advises that Jeff is not a doctor.

Flowering (w Spencer on drums. For Anna's birthday)

-- Sammy enters the room with a Korg keyboard.

Cars Can't Escape (w Spencer on drums & Sammy on the Korg keyboard. Jeff has a Diet Coke moment)

-- Susie shows a bunch of pictures of the Tweedy family

-- Jeff plays a bit of The English Beat's Save It For Later

-- Jeff gives guitar lessons, while he plays Save It For Later

Jerusalem (Simon Finn cover sung & performed on guitar by Sammy w Jeff on guitar. Sammy & Jeff learn the song in real time)

Mi Shebeirach (Debbie Friedman cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on backing vocals. Dedicated to Cantor Shelly for her birthday)

-- Jeff ends the episode mentioning that he'll see us next week because he has things to do including reading his book to record it for the audiobook format.

The Tweedy Show shall return Monday.

The Tweedy Show Monday September 14 Episode 96

Where My Love (w Spencer on thigh slaps)

-- Jeff says that he's finished his book. He's finished his audio book. And he's finished an album! Details will be announced tomorrow.

-- Susie announces that the Drive In Show will be live streamed on tourgigs.com!

-- Jeff wants a mini Tweedy Show show before the show. Maybe something backstage or Susie shooting the show from the side of the stage.

-- Spencer has important news to share, but he wants to wait. Jeff jokes that he's with child.

-- Stranger Things' Finn Wolfhard is a client in the comments. He recently asked Jeff some advice on buying a guitar.

-- "blowing the shofar" is discussed.

-- Susie announces that her father Peter will be a very special guest on Thursday's show. It will be his 88th birthday.

Guess Again (w Spencer on thigh slaps & backing vocals)

-- Spencer says that someone scooped Jeff on the album title & release date. I guess something was on Wilcoworld during the episode. Ok. Apparently the album title & release date is on tourgigs.com when you try to buy the live stream.

-- Jeff talks about Sheba

-- Jeff thanks everyone for being supportive and buying their Tweedy Show merch to support great causes.

Dream Lover (Big Star cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums)

-- John Denver's Annie's Song is started, but stopped

Annie's Song (You Fill Up My Senses) (John Denver cover sung by Sammy)

-- Susie mentions that a few days ago she was singing WAP as Sammy was singing Annie's Song. Sammy thinks that there's some melodic similarities between the two songs.

-- the Tweedy family discuss the late Toots Hibbert

-- Jeff plays a bit of Toots & The Maytals' Pressure Drop

-- Jeff & Spencer play a bit of The Clash's Guns Of Brixton

-- Jeff talks about his O2 model Collings 12 string

-- Jeff sings a bit of John Denver's Annie's Song which he wants to do as a reggae song

-- Jeff gives a crash course on spiders

-- Susie shows off her homage collage to appliances that possibly might have been made by a Nazi

Well, lots of info (sorta) revealed tonight. I guess you can check the other thread for the album title. Lol

I love that mask!  

I haven’t posted here for so long, but I’m so happy to see the play-by-play synopsis ... thanks to u2roolz and everyone!  Love it!

Thank you for the kind words! Yes, it does seem like a long time ago.

The Tweedy Show Tuesday September 15 Episode 97

-- Jeff gives Basil some affection

-- Susie says that the clients are very excited for the new record and that they've heard all but one song on the Tweedy Show. Jeff isn't sure about that.

-- Jeff says that not long from now another announcement will come about the vinyl record being released.

-- Jeff mentions that the album cover is from Robert Capa from Tunisia WWII era

https://www.artsy.net/artwork/robert-capa-american-soldier-el-guettar-tunisia

-- Susie discusses how well her cancer fundraiser is going based on the clients' donations. She thanks them for their generous donations.

https://pages.lls.org/ltn/il/Metrochicago18/teamsusanmillertweedy

-- Jeff has 400 rides on his Peloton

-- not a Topo Chico product placement

-- Jeff admits that they wanted the second episode to be Jeff on his Peloton

Loose Lips (Kimya Dawson cover sung by Casey w Spencer on guitar)

How Hard Is It For A Desert To Die (w Spencer on drums)

Night Time (Big Star cover sung by Sammy)

Little Fang (Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks cover sung & performed by Spencer w Sammy on backing vocals)

-- Susie says that Jeff has sung around 97 gajillion songs over the course of The Tweedy Show and asked if the person with the Google spreadsheet can get an official number.

-- Susie & Sammy try to figure out which day will be the 100th episode. They say that next Tuesday should be the 100th episode.

Kamera (Jeff on electric w Spencer on drums)

Down From Above (Jeff on electric w Spencer on drums)

The Tweedy Show Thursday September 17 Episode 98

-- the Tweedy family sings Happy Birthday to Peter Miller who turned 88 today.

-- Susie shows Ellen sitting in the chair in the other room all by herself

-- Peter tells a joke

-- "do you like fudge, Jeff?" is the first thing that Peter said to Jeff.

-- Peter was a "soda jerk" at a drugstore.

-- Peter talks about "candling" eggs

-- Peter talks about brining herring and being allergic to fish. It was his 1st job at 11 years old.

-- Peter & Sammy converse in Yiddish

-- Peter has sweet words to say about each family member. Jeff kiddingly plays the riff to Reincarnation.

The Impossible Dream (from Man Of La Mancha sung by Peter Miller)

Evergreen (w Sammy on backing vocals & w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)

-- Peter emotionally discusses an 81 year friendship w Merwin.

-- Jeff has wise words about Peter that he tells him

-- Peter tells the story about when he was in the hospital for 3 & a half months. His doctor thought that he had dementia, but it was not. Susie stepped in to fix the situation.

-- Jeff & Sammy run through ABBA's The Winner Takes It All a few times

The Winner Takes All (ABBA cover sung by Sammy)

California Stars (for Ellen) (w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)

The Tweedy Show Thursday September 17 Episode 98

-- Jeff & Sammy run through ABBA's The Winner Takes It All a few times

The Winner Takes All (ABBA cover sung by Sammy)

It is a father who has a son like him for sure, as we say in Sweden, and next generation will still know of wise benefit of the ABBA!

I get the bumpy goose at this time.

Welfare!

P.S. Does Mr Sammy also admire the sequin? I ask for a friend.

The Tweedy Show Monday September 21 Episode 99

-- Susie & Jeff can't believe that this is the 99th episode. 
-- Susie says that all of the clients are giving compliments on the drive in show
-- Susie thanks the clients for their generous donations to her cancer fundraiser. https://pages.lls.org/ltn/chi/Metrochicago20/TeamSusanMillerTweedy
-- Jeff talks about his competitive nature for the Wii Bowling game when Spencer & Sammy were younger.
-- Jeff tries to play Honey Combed after a client claimed that Jeff isn't a fan of that song
Honey Combed
-- Jeff talks about his experience playing the drive in show and whether or not he wants to do more shows like that in the future. 
Wait Up (Uncle Tupelo cover)
-- Susie says that there's something that Jeff Knurek did that might be special for tomorrow night's show.
-- Jeff & Susie talk about the tv show Pen15
Bad Day Lately (w Spencer on thigh slaps)
-- Jeff explains the title Love Is The King
-- Susie loves the tv show Call The Midwife
-- Susie shows the early Hanukkah prizes: 
socks that say "Step Up".
Only Love Can Break Your Heart (Neil Young cover sung by Sammy w Spencer on drums & backing vocals)
-- Jeff asks what's the current song stats in relation to playing Neil Young on episode 99.
Changes (Black Sabbath cover sung by Sammy)
-- Jeff plays quite a bit of Life Story which is the song at the end of the Let's Go audiobook 
-- Susie breaks the news to Jeff that he's in the new Vintage Vinyl documentary. 
A Robin Or A Wren (w Sammy & Spencer on backing vocals)
-- the Tweedy family sing some of ELF Learning’s Clean Up Song that Jeff thinks came from Romper Room which leads to a discussion about the show. 
-- Jeff has kind words for his sister Debbie
-- "see you tomorrow for episode 100"

I'm almost 100% sure the childrens' song is Clean Up Song by ELF Learning. I was googling while they were singing, and just as they were finishing I found lyrics that I believe were a match. Just googled it again, and I'm pretty confident it's right. There was no mention of Romper Room in what I read, but there is a Romper Room video that showed up in the search results. I assume they're singing a clean up song of some sort, but I'm at work right now and can't watch/listen. (Which is also why I can't check last night's episode to confirm the song.) 

It is also well within the realm of possibility that I am the only person who cares. But I figure, I put Wheels On The Bus on the spreadsheet; why wouldn't I put this one on, too?

17 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

Thanks always for doing your great recaps, Kristofor!

Thank you for the kind words, Donna! 

It should be noted that I used the wrong link for Susie’s cancer fundraiser. Sorry if that caused any confusion for anyone trying to donate. Somehow I found the link for the one from 2018. (Insert Homer Simpson’s “D’oh!”)

That error has been fixed. Thank you to Susan Miller Tweedy for noticing the error. One of the more surreal sentences that I’ve typed out in this forum. 2020...am I right? 

5 hours ago, ZiggyBratwurst said:

I'm almost 100% sure the childrens' song is Clean Up Song by ELF Learning. I was googling while they were singing, and just as they were finishing I found lyrics that I believe were a match. Just googled it again, and I'm pretty confident it's right. There was no mention of Romper Room in what I read, but there is a Romper Room video that showed up in the search results. I assume they're singing a clean up song of some sort, but I'm at work right now and can't watch/listen. (Which is also why I can't check last night's episode to confirm the song.) 

It is also well within the realm of possibility that I am the only person who cares. But I figure, I put Wheels On The Bus on the spreadsheet; why wouldn't I put this one on, too?

Great find! It caught me off guard, so I didn’t do a Google check. I’ll update it in the recaps. Thank you!